1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. ralphy1976

ralphy1976 Average member

Hi guys,

i just got my ZT 0777 yesterday...Now do any of you know something of the quality but with a tanto blade made of Titanium / carbon?

thanks...and now updated with (shitty iphone pics)

View attachment 104274 View attachment 104275

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013
  2. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Your description sounds NOTHING like what this knife is *supposed* to look like....

Pictures, please....

3. Tony8179

Tony8179 Bone For Tuna Brigade Member

The 0777 does not have a tanto blade. The blade is made of neither titanium or carbon steel.

????????

desmodus likes this.
  4. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

i just one starred this thread.

we demand pictures.

thank you, come again.

5. BlueSkyJaunte

BlueSkyJaunte waster of perfectly good steel

April Fools. :ropeman:

6. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

You go girl ! :ross:

7. Travis B.

Travis B. Southern Devil

I bet it cuts like
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2013
    Buffalohump, Stabber and GEEZER like this.
  8. Apec

Apec The Sound of Darkness

I think the OP is just asking about other high end tanto folders with Ti and CF handles.

As for Ti/CF blades, I know Warren Thomas does those.

Well OP, all you need to do really is browse some high end dealer's inventory and see what you like that fits the description. I personally don't care for most tantos.

ralphy1976 likes this.
  9. ralphy1976

now updated with a couple of pictures up top.

will try to take better ones soon as i am thinking about letting this one go...

10. waterdogs

I would suggest you find a way to verify that your knife is an authentic ZT-0777, and not a knockoff.

I`m sure that I`m not the only one wondering how you managed to get one *in Austria* when the rest of us here in the US (where the knife is made) have been on a waiting list for almost two years and still can`t get one....

ralphy1976 likes this.
  11. ralphy1976

Actually, you know you are right, even for myself i need to make sure that it is the case.

So i sent an email to ZT asking them how i can positively confirm that this knife is the ZT0777, i am also going to speak to the shop owner to see if i can have a copy of his shipment form.

Little story about the knife...When i bought it i didn't realized it was the ZT0777, i bought it because i liked the look of it and i am a big sucker for carbon / Ti / damascus.

Later on of course i realized what it was, so now it lives hidden away!!

Also i'd like to point out that i bought this knife for 775 Euros...so yep, i paid $1000 BRAND NEW...welcome to Europe!!!

So, by the way if any of you think it is a fake, please let me know so i can have a chat with the shop owner.

photo (15).jpg

photo (14).jpg

12. ralphy1976

update on authenticity

Ok, So if you look at the stamp it reads "LINDER 470777". This refers to order number #470777 done by Carl Linder of LINDER soelingen in Austria.

Liner Solingen are a ZT importer who not only got the 0777 but are also going to get the 888 and the 888max.

I have found on their website the said knife with the order number 470777 (see attached) ...available at the time for 569 euros ($736)

Now, i have bought this knife from one of LINDER's official distributors in Vienna, for 775 euros (just a smidge over $1000)

I am still going to ask ZT to confirm that shipment and then the loop will be closed. Thanks again for suggesting that i'd do this.

Ralphy

470777.jpg

13. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

Sure looks like a ZT777

Are you worried it's a Knock off?

14. ralphy1976

i wasn't until a couple of posts above someone raised the fact that i had to be able to prove that it was, and his comment is totally valid.

Well, Kai Corp. on BF has confirmed that it is legit, so i am happy that it is what it is :-)

15. waterdogs

This is all very good info, it protects both yourself and any potential buyers :thumbsup:

The Chinese are getting ever more resourceful in creating better knockoffs....a few vendors from China have gone as far as to request hi-resolution photos of the BOXES of desireable knives ! What does that tell you ?

16. ralphy1976

Waterdogs, absolutely, i agree with you.

At first i was cheesed off by your comment, but very quickly it made total sense, so thanks for making me realize that this was necessary!!

Green your way

17. waterdogs

Hey....no sweat !

I may or may not ever get one through the "regular" (pre-order) channels, but at least have a few nice photos to drool over !

It is definitely one of the cooler and most unique factory knives.... :thumbsup:

18. ralphy1976

some pics now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Below is my favourite picture : it shows everything that the 0777 is known for...out of focus!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Basetta

Basetta Average member

Nice Knife, mine should arrive in december :yuna:

20. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

How's the Titanium/CF Blade holding up?