1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Zero Tollerance ZT-301

MadDaddy Nov 12, 2007

1. ReadyFreddy

ReadyFreddy Huge member

Bennytheblade had it last and said he was sending it out this past weekend. I'm supposed to be the next one to get it.

2. MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pat in the box

We had an issue with the list, so a slight delay, but all is under control.

3. ReadyFreddy

ReadyFreddy Huge member

Am I still next?

4. MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pat in the box

Yes.

5. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Sorry for the delay-
    Went out today
    USPS Insured w/ delivery confirmation

6. jimmer_5

jimmer_5 Buckaroo

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a dork, I'm just excited for more info - how thick is the handle? Does it carry well in the pocket or is it too big?

7. MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pat in the box

They are pretty hefty, like SMF thick, but contoured. It carries ok, but takes up a lot of pocket space.

8. ReadyFreddy

ReadyFreddy Huge member

I just checked and it's at my local post office as of 4:20am. I can't wait to get this in my hands!

9. ReadyFreddy

ReadyFreddy Huge member

Just got it last night.

Wow! It's big (not bigger than my full size Benchmade Skirmish) and it's hefty (a bit heavier than the Skirmish). I love the AO feature. The texture of the G-10 and titanium is perfect. So far, the only change that I'd recommend is a longer pocket clip. I'm carrying it in my right front pocket and so far, it's carrying well.

My wife was a bit annoyed with me opening a closing the knife last night while we watched tv. I was trying to tell her about the knife and she asked if she should be taking notes.

Just from the short time that I've had it, I know I have to go out and buy one now.

10. TheBadGuy

TheBadGuy NATURE'S FINEST Super Moderator

If your list is ever extended or restarted, I would like to check this one out

11. MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pat in the box

Update please :ssmile:

12. ReadyFreddy

ReadyFreddy Huge member

I have it. It's going to be shipped out this weekend.

What a great knife! As I've said before, I'm in the white collar jungle so I only open letters and boxes but I absolutely love this knife. I'm definitely going to buy one.

Thanks for allowing me to participate in the passaround.

13. MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pat in the box

So, did this get shipped out?

Joe Whalen likes this.
  14. jimmer_5

jimmer_5 Buckaroo

I just got this one today! Man, I love this knife. I will post a better review later tonight, but I am SO impressed with it thus far. This kicks the ass of so many other $200 knives.:devilzeek

15. ReadyFreddy

ReadyFreddy Huge member

Sorry I didn't get back to you. I haven't been on the computer at all since Thursday.

16. MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pat in the box

No problem.

17. jimmer_5

jimmer_5 Buckaroo

Ok, here we go -

I have been anticipating this passaround knife so much that a few weeks ago I gave in and bought one of the TAD gear specials for myself! I have thoroughly enjoyed playing with both of these knives.

Essentially, they are the same knife. Aesthetically speaking, I prefer the TAD Gear knife's "Battle Swedge", but the thicker tip on the standard knife will definitely be tougher. I love the nice big blade and the overall lines of the knife. Being an automatic knife collector, I've never been a fan of spring assists, but this one is pleasant to use and I haven't felt the urge to convert it to a manual knife yet. This is my first experience with the Hinderer Lockbar stabililzer - I like it and it seems to do its' job, but I'm not convinced that it's a necessity. It does look cool.

I have to applaud Zero Tolerance for their use of color on this knife in the form of the OD green (and Coyote Tan) G-10 scales. It's so nice to see a high end 'tactical' knife that isn't completely black. This has always been a big bitch of mine, and i appreciate the nice colored G-10.

My biggest issue with the standard knife is the tiger stripes on the blade. Try as I may, I just can't get used to them. They have not grown on me. It's a great finish concept, just not the finish that I would have put on EVERY single regular production knife. That being said, I think it hides the wear of heavy use quite well - if you spray paint stripes on a brand new brick wall, the graffitti won't show up as well.

I am impressed with the build quality of this knife and I am especially impressed by how thin this big knife manages to be. It is definitely a pocket filler, but it does os in a wide flat way, and I'm completely ok with that.

I think the best testament to the ergonomics of this piece is the fact that it doesn't feel as big as it is when you hold it. In fact, the only time it's true size is revealed is when I pick up a different knife - it makes most of my other folders feel puny in comparison. And I'm not talking tiny knives here - Kershaw Junkyard Dog II, Benchmade 806 AFCK, Microtech LUDT, Buck/Strider folders - they all feel small in comparison. Yet the Zero Tolerance 0301 doesn't feel all that big in my hand.... it's something of a contradiction.

To be honest, I have very few bad things to say about this knife - I wish the pocket clip placement allowed the knife to ride a bit lower in my pocket. I also wish it was more centered on the handle when in the tip -up position. I can't stand the tiger stripes. I understand the big ol' nut that tightens the pivot, but a large flushmounted custom torx screw would have been cleaner looking.

HOWEVER, these are extremely small gripes. Overall, this is the most impressive production knife that I have handled in a long time! When I got my TAD gear version of the knife, it took me a total of 3 minutes to decided that I was definitely going to buy a second (and maybe a third) ZT0300.

I highly recommend this knife to anyone! :ross:

- Jim

[​IMG]

18. langston302

langston302 There's a new sheriff in town

i would love to see this thing in someones hand...HINT HINT:signhere:

19. jimmer_5

jimmer_5 Buckaroo

(Sigh) OOOOkay, Langston......if you insist....but it's only because I like you... and once upon a time I was an Oklahoman....from Tulsa, no less!

[​IMG]

20. langston302

langston302 There's a new sheriff in town

awesome...thats what i needed...

jimmer i have family in tulsa...my mom graduated from Will Rogers( a year after gary busey, my mom is fine though)....GO ROPERS!!!