1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Zero Tolerance 0777 and ZT/Hinderer 0561 Preorders

Blade HQ Jun 16, 2011

1. fireaid.1

fireaid.1 Average member

Foreget it

YOu know what keep me in line I will wait the rest of the way I've waited this long so what the heck keep me in line and we will see what happens. Thanks Paul

2. Blade HQ

Blade HQ BladeHQ Knife Maker or Craftsman

Paul, thanks for the message. We truly are sorry this has gone on much longer than originally anticipated. I hope you can understand this is largely out of our control, as we are not the manufacturer of the knife, just a retailer. Of course we will refund the $5 if we are unable to fulfill the orders. We actually pre-sold much less than the amount we actually have on order, to play it safe, which as you can tell was not safe enough. We are not scamming anyone, we run an honest business and there are thousands of people on this forum that can attest to that.

The reason we have not refunded the $5 yet is because Kershaw is honestly trying to bring a product to market (a product that has proved very very difficult to make). We have been told to wait as they work hard to delivery a product we can offer to those people that have put a pre-order down with us.

We will gladly refund your $5 at anytime you would like, just let me know.

-Jacob

3. Kenny_Powers

Kenny_Powers Level: True Devil

Ill take his spot:manganr:

4. fireaid.1

fireaid.1 Average member

Jacob I will like to stay on as like I said I've been on it this long why stop now is the way I'm looking at it. and it is only $5 not worried about the refund just want a knife. you know how it is.
    So again please leave it as was.
    Thanks Jacob I will call you later this afternoon, Paul

5. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Original 0777 now discontinued....

Got a notice from Kershaw a couple weeks back, announcing that the original compound blade is off the menu (no reason given), but Version 2.0 of the 0777 will be produced (supposedly) with a new blade, one of the Bohler steels, IIRC.

After giving us the reach-around for two years, I`m thinking there`s gonna be a lot of unhappy fans out there....they showed a pic of the new knife, and, while being nice, it`s a big letdown from the original version.

The handful of originals that did manage to escape into the General Population will undoubtedly leap right into "Holy Grail" status, and we`ll see them offered at obscene prices on the open market....

6. Elsilrac1

Elsilrac1 Huge member

Major fail on how ZT is handling the 2011 over all knife of the year. Lost much interest in Kershaw/ZT.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
  7. Ibizian

Ibizian Average member

Guess I better put mine into the big safe then!!.... Wonder why the change and how many got into the wild?!!!

8. 321sold.biz

321sold.biz Better than gold or platinum

I never make mistakes!

But I hear it happens to everybody else. :bwah:

9. Kenny_Powers

Ive lost all my faith in Kershaw and they wont see another $ from me especially after the 0560CBCF deal.

10. Ibizian

Ibizian Average member

What happened with the CBCF????

11. Kenny_Powers

It was supposed to be a limited edition knife to 1000 pieces but theres like 1500 pieces out there not exact but its way more than 1000.

12. Ibizian

Ibizian Average member

If I am not mistaken they answered that and the actual number of released was less than the projected limit. The issue is the number of ones that never made it out of the shop, they either broke during heat treat or we otherwise damaged and not ever completed. As well as the blems. Since they don't market ZT blems on LE they get tossed as well but the numbering system still counts them. So sequentially the serial number kept counting but in actuality they released far less than the printed serial number..

I had this exact issue and questioned it as well. ZT wrote me back and explained it as well as several topics here explaining it better than I just did.. It does LOOK odd but in actuality they did not release that many knives!!!

13. Kenny_Powers

I read that to but I had also read when they said all of them had been shipped out and a month later the dealers were still getting shipments. I dont know I lost all trust in them at that point now what there doing to the 777 is just horrible. Im sure I wont be missed as one of there customers because they have so many but fuck em.

14. Ibizian

Ibizian Average member

Well I can't defend that but I would hope that you do your own homework and not just believe things you read on the internet.

No seriously. There is a million ways that one company could have shipped all their stock out but another still get them a month later, especially if there was a middle person with a warehouse involved. KAI could have shipped theirs out to the distributor who then had to do their inventory and sort and then ship to the correct dealers. But again, I am not positive that is a valid reason or what actually occurred I just know there are so many people who say things and have no valid proof of it but once it is said it takes a life of it's own and then it doesn't matter what the truth is because people keep the wrong info alive with posts a month later. So just make a decision either way on what you KNOW for a FACT and not some forum's story.... I have my reasons to like and dis-like KAI but it is for what they have done to/for me so my decision is from personal experience.