1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Yuck... what is it!

Clydetz Jun 22, 2014

1. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

I know I am late to the diagnosis, but that is a blister...not a boil.

A boil hurts SOOOOO much more than a blister, which doesn't hurt at all actually.

obi

2. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Man I read about it but I'm still a little lost that's a little insane. Is that a name for it or is it really a beetle that does this. It might sound stupid but the pics I seen on line do not look friendly in anyway

3. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

and boils are hilariously/disgustingly poppable

eww

4. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

The film 'The Blob' was based on a real 1950's police report. :yesman:

Gary should make a horror movie based on his blister

5. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

I know what you're thinking. For the love of everything holy, Don't Do It...!

6. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

Hogweed?

sickboy

7. robotech

robotech Huge member

I grew up close to Nicholasville, KY. Dirt farmers (tobacco).
    When I was 8, we were gathering blackberries. I climbed over a fence at the post, and got into some Poison Ivy. And some Poison Oak later. So had both reactions at the same time.
    The next day, I was one sick puppy. Was VERY Allergic. I had swallowed some as I was eating as many blackberries as I was gathering (for preserves, LOL).
    So, my throat and esophagus had swollen, and I almost died from it. I was taken to the hospital in Lexington.
    I was given shots to take down the swelling, and of course, Calamine Lotion for the itching when I got back home.
    After that event, I have never been allergic to poison ivy OR oak. That was in 1959.
    I have been told that I could become sensitive to it at anytime, so don't push it. But, I can pull it from the trees and fences on my property, so do get close to it. So far, so good.
    Kentucky is a Gem. I live in Alabama, now, but still go home to the Lexington area to visit family. And I have 100's of them there! Beautiful Country.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    kayakjax likes this.
  8. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Danny Trejo and Michelle Rodriguez?

9. kayakjax

kayakjax Deep & Wide Brigade Member

ded i likes this.
  10. robotech

robotech Huge member

I get the same from peach or apricot fuzz. And I love peaches.
    As I got older, I started having reactions to nectarines with the skin, and later on, if I eat a lot of plums with their skins.
    My two step kids (2nd wife) didn't like me. They found out about my peach allergy. I heard them talking about taking peach fuzz and putting it in my underwear. And they were serious.
    I fooled them. tho, I don't wear underwear, I go commando.
    I have to avoid the peach bin at the grocery stores. Just the fuzz floating in the air is enough to get my nose itching and swelling. And I get a rash on the inside of my elbows that itches like crazy. I haven't touched a peach in 40 years.

11. kayakjax

Oh man, that would be hard!

I have a buddy who is now allergic to red meat because he was once bitten by a tick.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/02/140220102727.htm

12. Ronin0821

I get you guys are older and more wiser. I also get the poison ivy and oak. I understand all that it's the beetle part that gets me bugged is it just called that or does it happen from a certain type of beetle bitting you? Sorry to sound like a dumbass but this is the first time here in about that.

13. kayakjax

Here, let me google that for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blister_beetle

http://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/urban/medical/blister_beetles.htm

http://www.orkin.com/other/beetles/blister-beetles/

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/69435/blister-beetle

http://bugguide.net/node/view/181

http://extension.cropsci.illinois.edu/fieldcrops/alfalfa/blister_beetles/

Ronin0821 likes this.
  14. Ronin0821

I did I did it at work so it was quick I'm still a little mind fucked about this. Thanks for that crazy shit greens in coming.

15. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Check this out also...LINKY.

ETA: Here's one for you Gary. Seems these Blister Beetles that you want to call "Poison Ivy" are what they make Spanish Fly out of...

History of Spanish Fly

The toxin cantharidin was believed to be an aphrodisiac because its chemical properties when released into the body would affect the entire urinary tract of the victim and through irritation of the urethra would cause priapism--the persistent and abnormal erection of the penis. Cantharidin is the main ingredient in Spanish Fly, which was made by dried, crushed blister beetles and ingested through mixing it in powder form in any drink.

Now get crackin'...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
    Ronin0821 likes this.
  16. RoyalM

RoyalM Commando Devil Super Moderator Brigade Member

So.........?
    [​IMG]

17. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

I must have poison ivy... I haven't had any abnormal erections as of late.:bwah:

18. Clydetz

After about a week the mess is still about the same size except it's now pretty flat and looks like this...

[​IMG]

Time to wash it with antibacterial soap & put on more Hydrocortisone cream.:unintroduced:

19. Clydetz

I think it's getting better. Beginning to 'scab up' pretty nicely!:manganr: Worse case of poison ivy I've ever had. I think it's going to leave a scar.

After about 2 weeks, it looks like this (3" x 1 1/4")...

[​IMG]

20. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Looks like your going to make it Gary, must have been hell . Does look like it may scar . Here's to healing....