1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Yuck... what is it!

Clydetz Jun 22, 2014

1. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

I have found the covering poison ivy is worse for it spreading. If you got it at night wash your sheets and any pants shorts and socks you were wearing. That is a BAD reaction. My wife had to get steroid injections to help her when she gets it....

sickboy

2. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

I am sensitive to poison ivy/oak like Kayakjax's brother...; hell I'm starting to get itchy just looking at this thread. I got it from my dog, helping the family shell pecans, picking up dead for a year (+) fireplace wood with a dried up vine on it. I learned, when it became available, to go to my doctor and insist on a multi-day course of oral steroid treatment at the first sign. Before that I would get a four-shot (weekly I think) series of inoculations every summer, and I hate fucking shots
    Fun fact: folks who are severely allergic can also get a similar, albeit milder reaction to eating mangoes (yes, I've had that too).

3. kayakjax

kayakjax Deep & Wide Brigade Member

I think cashews contain it, too. If you're really sensitive to urushiol, you might want to avoid them.

4. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

JerzeeDevil: its fun and educational!

sickboy

GODDESS OF VENGEANCE and GEEZER like this.
  5. ilovekittens

ilovekittens Sailing the seas of cheese Knife Maker or Craftsman

I was covered in the stuff last year from head to toe, the only place I didn't have it was my back, and privates. I never worried about poison ivy before because I never had much of a reaction in the past.
    Me mum called me an wanted me to clear some weeds in between these two buildings so the meter man could get an actual reading on the meter. I went in there with shorts, t-shirt an flip flops. Pulled out everything with my bear hands roots and all. Wouldn't you know it, 80% poison ivy.

What really did me in was the hot shower I took when I got home, which opened up all my pores and let the oil just pour right into my skin. My arms and legs swelled up, blisters and bumps everywhere between the webs of my fingers and on the palms of my hands was the worst. I missed two days of work (only two days I missed all year), when I went to work on the third day they insisted I go see a doctor. Dr wanted to put me on steroids an Atarax. I chose to just deal with it and it cleared up in a little over a month. I tried everything to stop the itching the only relief I found was to take scolding hot showers, several a day. Once one area started looking better another patch would pop up. I tracked the oil in my car and house and kept getting re-exposed. I feel your pain Gary. I deathly afraid of the ivy now. :unintroduced: ILK

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  6. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Well my bubble burst![​IMG] I had a 4" x 4" sterile gauze pad on it
    and right after dinner I felt some wetness. Took off the damp gauze
    pad, took a shower washing the poison ivy area with antibacterial soap.
    Now I'm walking around in loose fitting pajama bottoms... no gauze pad.
    Still a slight raised area... more liquid. The hospital said to visit my doctor after 48 hours and if the 'bubble' broke. 2 for one... can't beat that!

7. jamex

jamex Organic Polygraph JDBA Official Member

edit: Nevermind, I see now its popped. :( we'll miss that little blob

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
  8. Clydetz

Oh no we won't! Woke up this morning and the ugly 'bubble' is as big as before!!!:devilzeek I wonder how many times this is going to happen.:unintroduced:

9. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Well dam thanks for the input

10. D2AP

D2AP Better than gold or platinum

This shit sounds crazy lol

11. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

So.....her neighboUrs send "Thank You" cards/gifts?

12. jamex

jamex Organic Polygraph JDBA Official Member

more pics? I could use some more blob pr0n for the ol' mental spank bank :manganr:

13. brian7498

brian7498 knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

holy crap! hope that heals up fast man, that does not look pleasant at all!. The last time i saw a blister that big was when a buddy had a blister beetle go down his shirt....that was rough. Good luck buddy and keep us posted! :thumbsup:

14. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Hmmm, "Blister Beetle" huh...?

CLICK HERE Gary.

Look familiar?

15. Clydetz

Just got out of the shower after cleaning the area with antibacterial soap & putting on some hydrocortisone cream and then I see this about the blister beetle!!! I'm pretty darn sure what I have is poison ivy. The pocket of skin is again pretty flat but have to wait to see what it looks like tomorrow. Ugh!

16. Ronin0821

Good luck bro.

17. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

[video=youtube;TdUsyXQ8Wrs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdUsyXQ8Wrs[/video]

:cheesydevil:

Shike likes this.
  18. Clydetz

After my 1st cup of coffee I looked at the area on my leg. I can see a profile of JFK! Well... maybe... upside-down it looks like Juan Valdez.:jdwink2:

19. Ronin0821

Lol did it come back again?

20. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Blister Beetle bites do that. Unfortunately, the second time is usually in the genital area...