1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Yuck... what is it!

Clydetz Jun 22, 2014

1. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Man if it ain't one thing, it's another! I woke up today with this ugly looking lump on my leg. Got it looked at the local E. R.. I thought they would lance the thing & let the liquid just ooze down my leg but nooooooo. They say it's poison ivy & give me a prescription for some Hydrocortisone cream to put on it every 4 hours & hope the swelling goes down. If it's poison ivy, it's the worse case of it I've ever had. The blister is about 2" x 1 1/4" & about 1/4" high! I'm just waiting for it to explode!:devilzeek

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

crogers likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

I would pop that son-of-a-bitch in a heartbeat. :devilzeek (don't do it) !

Watch it close Gary, MRSA can start as a skin boil ! Don't touch it with bare hands, and keep contact away from others.

Please watch close, this is nothing to fool with.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mrsa/basics/definition/con-20024479

Additional link,

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-...a-methicillin-resistant-staphylococcus-aureus

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2014
    Clydetz likes this.
  3. D2AP

D2AP Better than gold or platinum

Damn, that looks terrible. Wish I could offer some help, but I really can't. :unintroduced:

Clydetz likes this.
  4. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Just got to say if it pops it will spread on you like wild fire. I sware. I am every incredibly sorry brother. I would of been freaked the fuck out. I would of thought I'm dying! They gave you the meds I'm pretty sure so it doesn't pop. Is it becoming leathery?

5. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

My mother got hit like that once from poison ivy about 20 years ago. I got a small red rash, while my mother had full on blisters just like that, Gary. She had to take steroids for a few weeks to get it to go away.

Clydetz likes this.
  6. dymond47

dymond47 Better than gold or platinum

Damn,G that looks bad! stay on it with your ointments,hope you get some relief soon my friend..

7. Flippin-crazy

Flippin-crazy Level: True Devil

Wow thats gnarly!!!

Clydetz likes this.
  8. Clydetz

So far it hasn't 'popped' which is good... I guess.:jdwink2:

9. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

OMG Gary , be careful and listen to Glenn you don't want that infected .Hope everything turn out ok , Good luck my friend cause that really looks bad.

Clydetz likes this.
  10. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

:devilzeekGet to the Hospital on the double Mr.......

Clydetz likes this.
  11. kayakjax

kayakjax Deep & Wide Brigade Member

Sorry, but this is simply not true.

The rash is caused by an oil called Urushiol. Once you wash the area with soap and water (and don't forget to launder the clothes you were wearing), the spread is stopped.

The fluid inside the blister is the same as in any other blister, not poison.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000027.htm

"The rash is caused by skin contact with the oils (resin) of these plants. Smoke from burning these plants can cause the same reaction. The oils usually enter the skin rapidly. It is rarely spread from person to person.

The rash does not spread by the fluid from the blisters. Therefore, once a person has washed the oil completely off the skin, the rash is usually not contagious.

Keep in mind that the plant oils may remain for a long time on contaminated clothing, pets, tools, shoes, and other surfaces. These contaminated items can cause rashes in the future if they are not properly cleaned."

http://poisonivy.aesir.com/view/faq.html

"Because they don't contain urushiol, the oozing blisters are not contagious nor can the fluid cause further spread on the affected person's body. Nevertheless, Epstein advises against scratching the blisters because fingernails may carry germs that could cause an infection."

When I was about 12, we were playing Hide and Go Seek at night. The one who was it had a flashlight. I hid under a bush at the fenceline of the yard. As the one who was IT got near, I burrowed my face into the plants under the bush. Woke up the next morning with my face twice the normal size, and my eyes swelled shut. Got shots at the doctor (several times, actually) and was told to stay out of direct sunlight. They were worried about my eyesight being permanently affected.
    I'm fairly sensitive to urushiol, but my brother is much worse. He can break out if somebody fairly close burns a brushpile with poison ivy in it. If he's close enough to smell the smoke, he'll probably get a rash.

Clydetz likes this.
  12. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

+1 to Jackie's comment.:thumbsup:

Clydetz likes this.
  13. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

So Gary. Just what the hell were you doing in the bushes...?

Clydetz and Stabber like this.
  14. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Wait, he got that in MO's Bush ? :ropeman:

:cheesydevil:

Stabber likes this.
  15. Clydetz

It's funny, but Mo has poison ivy growing amongst her bushes. I don't go walking around her property in the nude but there was that time I went 'skinny dipping' in her pool.:bwah:
    The 'bubble' still hasn't popped. I've been walking around all day in loose fitting pajama bottoms so I don't rub it. Casper came very close to standing on it but I moved very quickly!

16. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I got a salve for that, clears it right up.
    Or it will anger it into something worse . . .
    Your call. :jdwink2::manganr:

17. norcal13

norcal13 rated "e" for evil Brigade Member

that's fucking gnarly gary. :devilzeek

18. Clydetz

It's beginning to feel gnarly too! I smeared the Hydrocortisone cream on the 'bubble' then taped on a 4" square sterile gauze pad hoping it wouldn't burst during sleep. I made it through the night![​IMG] Next thing I'm going to do is wash the area with an antibacterial soap. All I got is some Palmolive antibacterial dish washing liquid... should work.

19. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

Gas and a match will work:bwah:

20. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

:bwah: