1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

You're thoughts on the Maxace DMG ?

needler420 Apr 23, 2018

1. needler420

needler420 Little member

I am interested in this knife as it's the only recommended balisong in the sub $100 category. The market hasn't seen anything in that price category since Kimura's got discontinued. It seems to be a decent flipper but haven't heard much about it from this community.

Alfie likes this.
  2. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

All talk I've heard from people who handled them has been positive.

I handed one for a few minutes and did not hate it.

Alfie and begreen61 like this.
  3. RoninFlipper

RoninFlipper Little Member

Because it’s an illegally imported knife.

In fact,given Maxace’s grey market status why the heck are we even talking about them? Lock this thread up until they set up shop in the US and do business here legally.

4. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

If you can get one in the secondary market I'd say go for it. They are solid flippers and well priced.

I wouldn't recommend them over any of the current top flippers though and if you don't mind saving up and paying more, there are much better knives on the market.

Can't really beat BRS.

5. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

$120 bucks shipped and it handles as well as barebones (IMO). BUT is much shorter. So if you like a shorter-handled bali, like the DB3.1, you'll be impressed. Offers plenty of grip with the G10 and weighted great as well. Love the tanto style blade I got on mine. Best bang for your buck on the market currently.

6. Syfer22

Syfer22 Little member

Any thoughts in Pinoy Steel? They have a fair number of balis under $100.

7. TheronJ

I've heard mixed things. It seems to vary from knife to knife. At least some of them are pretty decent.

8. SycoFlipzz

SycoFlipzz Little Member

I've been bothered by the things I've been hearing about maxace. I've heard around the community that they are actually the same people who run baliplus. Although it is nice that they finally figured out that it is possible to actually design a knife, Your money is still going to the same guys robbing our friends. THIS IS HOWEVER ONLY IF THIS IS TRUE. I would be interested in digging deeper and seeing what else people know about this. Maybe it deserves a separate thread though?

9. J32A2

J32A2 Huge member JDBA Official Member

What's Baliplus?

10. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Clone peddlers HUGE...

J32A2 likes this.
  11. TheronJ

It's not true.

They do sell through baliplus, as well as some other distributors though.

12. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Thanks to bali import laws ... really the only way to sell them on an online market sadly.