1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Your First Knife

2fulhundin Mar 11, 2010

1. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

I got a tiny pakistan made brass bolstered clip point lockback from my parents one day while being picked up after Kindergarten. Still have it.

apdallaround, Balibuyer and Crybaby like this.
  2. GalaxyGrove

GalaxyGrove JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I had a cheap swiss army knife. Side note: the corkscrew apparently wasn't actually meant to be used-it snapped off the first time I tried to use it.

Crybaby, apdallaround and Balibuyer like this.
  3. Balibuyer

Balibuyer JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Hell yea brother.....hold on to em TIGHT

Crybaby and apdallaround like this.
  4. Balibuyer

That's what I'm talkin about right there...awesome

LOL.....Gotta watch those little dudes....they'll getcha

Crybaby and apdallaround like this.
  5. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

awesome necropost @Balibuyer !

i’m not sure why but i don’t trust my kids with knives yet

my first knife was a sak tinker. my dad gave it to me when i crossed from weblo to tenderfoot. still have it

i was very into knives as a kid and still am as a grownup kid

in 4th grade i wrote a short story called “One knife to live”..... still have it (my mother watched a lot of soaps LOL)

in 5th grade a friend and i got caught with butterfly knives and had to cut soup labels for a week or so. i buried it in my parents backyard and never found it years later when i looked.

i love knives
    [​IMG]

Balibuyer and Crybaby like this.
  6. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

The first knife I remember, was a Camillus US knife with big blade, screw driver/bottle opener, can opener, and leather awl. Like this one....

hqdefault.jpg

Different times. I carried that knife to school every day for many years. Now, a picture will get you suspended.... :wtf:

7. Balibuyer

Dude, that is pretty freakin awesome.

Just about everything I got or did as a kid, I can look at my oldest and say NOPE..YOU CAN FORGET IT BUD. And then you'll usually ask yourself, "what the hell was mom or pop thinkin?" Knowing that of course they MOSTLY had it all under control.

We'd leave the house early summer mornings on our bikes...pellet guns laid across the bars, knives in our pockets, MREs in our backpacks. And off in the woods we went.....FOR LIKE ALL DAMN DAY.

I can't/ don't let my kids out of my sight....ANYWHERE. Why? Hell if i know.....Never had any bad situations throughout life that would make me parent the way I do today. I'm like the Risk Accessor that Ben Stiller was on Along Came Polly. Always thinking about what could or might happen.

I'm not super uptight by any means....just always a super worried mother fucker LOL.

Crybaby, apdallaround and GalaxyGrove like this.
  8. Crybaby

Crybaby Little Member

Of course! You'd do anything for your kids you love them there's nothing wrong with being worried if anything I'd be a bit happy with that my parents always cared for me especially my mom but my dad would sometimes be kinda eh I remember the first day he introduced me to power tools and taught me how to use them he said to me look it's a power tool it's dangerous but if you cut your fingers off its on you I won't be the one without a finger:bwah: of course I knew he cared about me but he was really trustworthy in the fact that I knew what I was doing and it would have been a bit nice for him to be a bit cautious with me since there was things I wish I would have known like not getting iron sparks in your eyes but eh overall It would have been awesome to have a parent who did those things with me and I hope your kids enjoy spending time with you camping all day sounds amazing and I hope you guys are doing great!

apdallaround and Balibuyer like this.
  9. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

So, which parent taught you about punctuation? :bwah:

10. Crybaby

Crybaby Little Member

Neither XD

11. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

all good man. my mother was a really really abusive bitch and a reading/english teacher at that! i fuxking butcher my typing out of spite.

Balibuyer, Crybaby and chutcher like this.
  12. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

It's not his fault. He just cannot reach the punctuation keys on his keyboard because of the missing fingers.

13. Crybaby

Crybaby Little Member

Lmao XD

apdallaround, Balibuyer and chutcher like this.
  14. JAM3X

JAM3X Little Member

I don't remember my first knife, we had so many laying around and my pops was all to happy to show me how to use a knife, and shoot a gun lol. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't irresponsible or anything, and I'm grateful that he took the time to teach me. Probably why I never really cut myself as kid.
    I do remember my first butterfly knife tho! I was like 8 and this older kid pulled out this new type of knife I had never seen before, I wanted one the moment I saw it. He got bored with it and traded it to me for some pogs or something. I was so excited to flip it open that I flipped it open holding the bite handle and cut myself pretty good. I hid the cut from my parents and hid the knife in the woods lol. I knew they wouldn't let me keep it, my Dad wouldn't let me have a pellet gun, but said I could have a real one instead "you or a friend will shoot an eye out with a toy, a real one will stay under lock and key" or something like that lol, so I knew he wouldn't let me have a "useless dangerous knife". It had fake pearl handles and an unremarkable blade. It got stolen from my little hiding spot like 2 days later, probably by one of my "friends".
    The first knife I remember having was a hand me down Swiss army, I don't remember loosing it but I'm sure I did.

apdallaround, Balibuyer and Crybaby like this.
  15. GalaxyGrove

GalaxyGrove JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I hear ya' - It scares the shit out me to think about my kids doing shit I used to do! In hindsight, I probably could have died on a couple occasions.

Crybaby and Balibuyer like this.