1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Your dream scattergun?

Kalooch135 Nov 5, 2004

1. aaron

aaron senor pizza

parker, yo u have shattered my dreams AND I WILL never recover :(

seriously though, i realize this things no cadillac of shotties, its a 300 dollar chinese wont ton launcher.

I didnt plan on changing the butt pad, but i might,or might just switch it to some oxidized brass to keep with the "vintage look"

i really just plan on shooting 2 3/4 out of it so that should help with the oomph i feel.

As far as internals, i can assume they arent going to be spot on, but then again i dont do a lot of shooting, so maybe i will look at making some new internals, or just talked to the guys i bought it from for some spares.

how accurate is yours? at say 25-30 feet would it be "minute of man" or is it "minunte of barn" accurate, say with slugs or 00 buck

2. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

At 25 yards or so I had no trouble keeping bird nor buck on the 55 gallon drum in the big pit we were shooting into. Mine's a 18- or 20-inch barrel - at 25 feet I can pretty safely say with buck you'd have a 12-inch conglomeration of holes to cope with. With 12 inches, hell, just pick a direction, like north or east, hope for the best ;)

Grab them spares if you can.

Mine is just fine as an occassional type shooter, but I prefer them to be more than that. I'm just an 870 kind of guy. Hard to break em, and a very low number of parts. And you can find those parts ANYWHERE.

3. LWRC308

LWRC308 Little member

I have a Serbu Super Shorty on an 870 action that's pretty fun, but the 870 MCS is on my long ass wish list.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]

*If anyone needs blank copies of a Revocable Living Trust to obtain a suppressor, full auto, aow, sbs, sbr, etc I have plenty and will help fill it out if needed. Mine has been through the system several times and is gtg.

4. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I am getting a shot gun soon just wondering if you guys heard of or have used a UTS15. A buddy of mine got one looks evil. I do want one but I had to scratch it off the list. There is a ejection stock on there and the fucking thing gets jammed every time I watched a good show on it just wondering does anyone have one and what their reviews are thanks devils:thumbsup:

5. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

Tim, if the criteria is that it looks badass....find that newbie wundergun......but since you say it tends to "jam" frequently.....

As a suggestion, find a used 870 (steel receiver, NOT an Express) instead. Or a Remington 1100. Both have been proven for decades. You can spend the addl money on ammo.

6. aLaw

aLaw Little member

Overpriced, over-hyped turds. Get an 870 or 590 and spend the rest of the money you'd waste on a UTS to buy ammo and a training class.

7. Kezk

Kezk JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

i own a 870. but if we are dreaming im looking at an AA-12.. nothing say get the fuck out like a fully auto 12ga:thumbsup:

8. the dude

the dude this aggression will not stand man

i would love a AA12:thumbsup:
    i've got a 20ga howdah (blackpowder)
    the fun ends after the 1st time you shoot in with one hand
    pretty fun with the stock on it:manganr:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
  9. sandwich

sandwich Brigade Member Brigade Member

Love my 590a1 :thumbsup:

10. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

next to 1911s

shotguns are my favorite bang stick.

My current crop of guns include my latest, a Mosberg 930SPX and a slew of others including Benellis model M1 Super 90 and M121 SL80; an H&K imported Fabarms FP-6 pump gun; several 870s including a Marine Magnum, a Browning A5 20 gauge from the WWII time frame, a Savage 16 gauge (Browning Sweet 16 copy), an Ithaca Flues 12 gauge side by side; a Stoeger .410 Coach gun in stainless with black wood stock; a Savage 242 series over/under .410 gauge; Remington 1100, and a former local police agency High Standard Flite King 1200 Riot Gun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. L R Harner

L R Harner They call me "Butch" Knife Maker or Craftsman

AA12 would be great i woudl even take one that was semi only

12. Kezk

Kezk JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

shitty story about an ithica..
    Me and my buddy went on a trip to the canadian border to drop my old man off some things he forgot for work.. we are about 400 miles from home and his van blows.. my dad gave me an ithica he brought with him up there to bring home with me because his 357 was enuf i guess. so its sitting in the back. the tow truck comes and picks the van up after we hitch hike to town.. gun is still in the back of the van. we go back to home town planning on going back to get the van and its contents the next day. buddy decides its not worth it to drive all the way back to get the van.. i agreed with him, van was fucked and worth less than the gas to go get it. we told the man he could keep it.. he says hes gonna charge us to dispose of the van(which is bullshit if you ask me).. he finds the gun in the back of the van and we squash the debt with the gun..

We got totally fucked on this deal.. still need to find an ithica to repay my dad. Towman made a killing

moral of the story.. don;t leave pretty guns in your broke ass van:cry:

13. TripleDigitRide

TripleDigitRide Little member

I have a Plain Jane 870 Marine Magnum, and it will do everything I need it to do. I'm not a fancy of all that fancy bolt-on stuff, but that's just me.

14. LWRC308

LWRC308 Little member

These 12 ga Ar10 uppers are coming out in a week.

[​IMG]

Impact Guns has them. Fire weird shells though..not typical shotgun shells.

15. L R Harner

your joking right i so wanted a ar10 12 gauge
    where is more info
    it woudl likly push me to get an AR

oooo its that thing that fires the odd ball ammo

16. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

Mine would look like this.

[​IMG]

17. cja245

cja245 Level: True Devil

^
    That

I'd take this Browning and that High Standard Riot gun a couple posts up.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
  18. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Still true.
    870s are great.
    They don't hold a candle to the SuperNova.

19. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

What Mike really means to say is….

One of Mike's looks like that!

20. L R Harner

im going to end up moving my supernova to offset cost of an 1887 lever shottie