1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Yo. Need Help Devilz. -Justus

Justus Oct 16, 2021

1. Justus

Justus The Prince Administrator Moderator JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Hello again, sorry I've been MIA. Shits been tough. Thank you to all for the wishes and to everyone that showed up for his funeral thing.
    On to the next subject. I need someone to help me break into his computer or something. God he left such a fucking mess for me and everyone. Of course he didn't have a password for anything that a human could remember. I've tried any variation I could think of to get in, to no avail.
    If anyone is willing to help me out with stuff it would be greatly appreciated. I'll try being on here more often but school and life has been hard to juggle so if it is easier my number is 908-279-4979
    Thank you again for everything guys and gals.
    -Justus

snache and Pinoy Knife like this.
  2. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Not a clue re: passwords, etc. Desmodus and zogglet were the other Admins, and they may have some idea, but neither has been around lately. If you can contact one of them, they may be able to help.

Good luck.

3. Manganr

Manganr Devils Supermoderator Super Moderator

They may be able to help with JD access Crogers but I'm thinking Justus is looking for laptop/PC access?

4. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

Justus, could you explain what kind of passwords you are trying to crack? Device, operating system, application? Might be able to point you in the right direction.

woodlander and Manganr like this.
  5. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

Justus if you have access to your Dad’s phone the PW might be in a folder. That’s where all my PW go.

Justus likes this.
  6. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Sent text

7. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I'll contact Des ,,she really took this hard . as for Zog. she should know the password because she fixed this site when it change to this format .But do not know how to contact her .

g

8. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Ig I believe she is active there

begreen61 likes this.
  9. spydusse

spydusse Teufel Hunden Brigade Member

I'll contact her on ig

begreen61 likes this.
  10. begreen61

I left Des a Message ,,I don't hear from her in a few days will try again

g

11. spydusse

Help is on the way

Attached Files:

begreen61 likes this.
  12. spydusse

Have you tried your name and bday that be my only guess . I'm computer illiterate

Justus and begreen61 like this.
  13. begreen61

Zogget devil.jpg

14. zogglet

zogglet Better than Nutella Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

Hi. I'm looking at his info in the Admin Panel now, but unfortunately he never made me a *Super Administrator* - just a standard Administrator - so I'm unable to edit his credentials. I can edit the site itself, approve new users, all the typical admin actions - but it looks like Ron (and possibly others) had Super Admin permissions. The only idea I can think of is that I could contact XenForo support and explain the situation: that none of us have access to his info, and we need to retrieve it. Justus - you might need to back me up with this, just so they won't think I'm trying to mess around.

Justus, begreen61 and Balibuyer like this.
  15. zogglet

I sent a message to XenForo support, in hopes to get any kind of help with the credentials. I'm really crossing my fingers that they'll give me some good news. Here's what I sent them:

2021-10-30 21_11_19-XenForo — Mozilla Firefox.png

Justus and begreen61 like this.
  16. TriChrome

TriChrome Little member

What is the hosting company for this website? You can usually get into the forum backend through the hosting company – either by their built-in control panel, or even by FTP access. Sometimes you can edit a certain file or control panel module and get yourself added as a super admin, and/or at least be able to download the database file(s) of the forum. If you do get access, worst case scenario is probably something like literally just wiping the site, setup a new forum, and have it re-make the forum from the database. You'll have to reformat graphics and such, but at least the real meat - all the forum posts and users and such will be kept.... users would most likely have to re-setup their password and whatnot, and some back end database tweaking might have to be done if you decide to go with a different platform, or if the website is a couple versions back in Xenforo even.

If you don't know who hosts the website do you have access to any of his commonly used banking or credit card info? You would see a bill, usually yearly but sometimes monthly (and sometimes people even pay for 2, 3, 5 years in advance...) but the bill-to name should be something you can recognize as a web hosting company.

Web hosting companies usually let you into the hosting control panel if you can send them a photo ID and maybe the credit card/bank card that was used for the purchase (some if you just read them the CC's numbers to them so they can verify it's you). I do not know if it's better that his child (assuming you're a son or daughter of the deceased) pretends to be the deceased to give them this information, or if it's better you tell them who you actually are and the exact circumstances... which at that point they may request some power of attorney paperwork, or whatever goes on legally for you to settle the affairs of the deceased (I'm not familiar with this part).

I did a quick iCann lookup of this website and it seems like the domain name (jerzeedevil.com) was registered with GoDaddy (something about "Cloudflare" in there too... don't quite know what that was about). It was a private registration so the contact info of the person who registered it is private, but the registering company I think was GoDaddy.com at least. If you can get into GoDaddy (see Credit Card/license thing above), you can see who the NameServers are... the "Name Servers" are going to be the web hosting company, then you can try the same with them to get access to the hosted files at that point...

I just know all this from some years back when I was building websites and MANY different owners of quite larger companies commonly forgot all the time who/what/when websites were registered, who hosted them... was also very common that the person who did all the web work on the site was let go or quit leaving them in the lurch (which is why they then hired us to fix this and update their site lol)... but as long as you had some sort of billing-related confidential-type information you could gain access of the website again.

Anyway, I'll try to check this topic again if you have any further questions, but I'm not on here 100% of the time, and the above is also kinda all I know in regards to this (it's also been a VERY long time since I setup and moderated forums so my expertise of how to get the database and/or add yourself to it --once you get access via the control panel or FTP site-- if you have to go this route is going to be extremely limited for this day and age).

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    zogglet and begreen61 like this.
  17. begreen61

I talked to Des ,, She will contact Zogglet ((Maggy)) and I sent Justus phone number to Des,,, Ron's has the password and no one else does ,,She thinks Xenforo will coperate with helping @Justus because as a business they will want there money ,,

Des does not know how Ron was paying for the service ,,weekly,monthly by yealy or yearly BUT Justus may need us Devils to help cover expense ,,We just don't know , Ron could be paid up till the end of the year ,,WE DON'T KNOW .. If @zogglet and Des with Justus get the info needed to continue to run this place for Ron ,,

Remember Justus May need us to bail out JD ,,Ron went out of his way to keep this place free ,, It may be time to pay Ron Back and Keep Rons Dream alive ,we owe him that much ,,I know I do

g

L R Harner and Justus like this.
  18. Justus

Justus The Prince Administrator Moderator JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I've checked his phone thoroughly. Nothing to be found

begreen61 likes this.
  19. Justus

Thankfully some things he had saved, I paid the server bill because they literally froze the site from missed payments i wasn't aware of. It was like 430$ or something. I have no clue how long that lasts. I need access to his pc, the main password is unknown and I can't get in right now. He most likely has stuff in there that will be useful.

20. zogglet

Damn it, they got back to me, and unfortunately can't do anything. I'm so freakin' sorry.

2021-11-02 15_27_27-Re_ Forum owner.png

TriChrome, that's all very true, but unfortunately nobody (that I know of) knew anything about the actual hosting company or has access. Ron handled all of it.

Justus, let me know if there's anything I can do to help.