1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Would you say this is an Unwritten rule of the JD?

Dead-On Jul 29, 2016

1. Dead-On

Dead-On Grateful Member JDBA Official Member

Let's say you have Some balis up for sale in the voodoo section. You spend a few weeks coming to an agreement on a price. During those several weeks you pass on several other offers because you have an ongoing negotiation for all the knives in one group buy. Then after that price has been negotiated the buyer then says he needs 6 weeks to make payment on those items.

How would you feel about this?

What would you do in this situation?

The unwritten rule that I am referring to is that you should have the money up front if you're offering to make a purchase. Am I right?

Then let's say at the end you do agree to come up with a payment plan and help this fellow JD member out and work out a payment plan. Then he decides he wants to renegotiate prices. I personally think I have been very fair and consider by helping this member acquire the knives that I have for sale. But I would like to hear what other JD members would do in this situation.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2016
  2. MidnightAbyss

MidnightAbyss JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Tell them to go kick rocks. That's bullshit.

3. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

They should have at least told you in advance that they would need some time to get the money together while you were negotiating. I would consider the deal null and void. If you are bidding on something you should always have the money up front.

4. crick0234

crick0234 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

yeahhhh that's not cool. trying to deal with it any further sounds like more trouble than its worth. I'd be like "sorry, we had a deal and since it cant be kept, i'll be moving on"

5. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Supremely bad form.

Sell to another person with their shit together.

obi

6. D2AP

D2AP Better than gold or platinum

I'm with everyone else. The guy can go fuck himself.

Did Timmay sneak back on?

7. Dead-On

We have done deals together in the past but he always paid immediately. He has always told me to keep him in mind whenever I sell something in the future. He has private messaged me asking me if I was ever considering selling anything, but at the time I had a lot going on in my life and I wasn't selling anything. Now I get a private message from him asking if there's anything in my collector/save Queen collection that I'm considering selling. For some reason he assumed that I was in no hurry and would accept a payment plan. He never explained that he wanted to do a payment plan nor have we ever done one in the past.. He thought that a payment plan was what I was considering and says that it's some sort of a miscommunication. As I mentioned earlier, I did agree to do some sort of a payment plan after the fact but then he changed his mind on the prices we previously agreed upon.

8. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

yeah thats not cool. :jdvomit:

9. Ben.

Ben. Not FBI JDBA Official Member

Once a deal has been agreed upon if the other party then tries to change it the deal is off in my book. It's like signing a contract, renegotiating is not an option.

10. EJ_Livesey

EJ_Livesey Huge member

Once the terms have been set, that's it. If the other party tried to change those terms, fuck them, they can't be trusted. There will always be other buyers out there.

11. SlickLikeAGato

SlickLikeAGato JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It would be cool to see a rule implemented to counter this.

12. abqjoe

abqjoe JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It's no secret that many of the knives I sell are expensive and that's why I offer payment plans. I set a price, down deposit amount, and an amount that's non-refundable if anything happens. At no point whatsoever is the arrangement open for renegotiating period end of story!

Coconutfilipino likes this.
  13. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

What "rule"..., where, who, how?
    Probably best to assume if there is possible wiggle room in one's terms, some miscreant will do his/her/its best to take advantage. If one's goal is to be liked you may be better served to start a kumbaya group; otherwise tell fuckers to pay the fuck up under your terms or go fuck themfuckingselves.

14. MidnightAbyss

MidnightAbyss JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Well said. :bwah:

15. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

payment plan? this isnt sears. if you dont have the money to sort out what you want to buy in the voodoo then maybe you should go play with your doo doo.

16. b_luntz

b_luntz Huge member

ThA bezt rappa alyve, ya hurd?

Also op, maybe let us know the name?

17. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

certainly you dont want to rap battle me
    Ill kick you in the balls so hard you will squirt out some pee
    go buy a bali from bluecraparatus for a gee :devilroll:
    brs stronger than the big oak tree,
    now go cut a switch so I can whoop thee.

18. b_luntz

b_luntz Huge member

Shit looseyfur... You think you go hard? B_luntz milkshake bring em all to the yard. Flippin my alpha and flippin my ween, they're both beasts ya moms know what I mean. They both hard they both round and they both beautifully crowned, I've got the cleanest dick chaplins in this town. BRS an oak tree? B_luntz is an axe, you'll fall before me with a couple of hacks. Arise loosey, thats all I will say. Because I need a friggin bare bones and I need it TODAY!

MidnightAbyss likes this.
  19. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down. I'd like to take a minute just sit right there i'll tell you how i became the prince of a town called Bel-Air.

20. Dead-On

Did yer mom get all scared because a couple of guys were up to no good?

apdallaround likes this.