1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

WIP fixed blade difficult curves

vendettaknives Aug 7, 2011

1. vendettaknives

vendettaknives knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

hey everyone just thought i should share a WIP with you. its a 1ft OAL 6" blade fixed blade knife, just waiting on a delivery of some new grinding belts and then i can finish it up with the 180 then 400 gritt. after that its off to heat treatment and then on go the carbon fiber scales. btw this knife was actually the first time i ground a blade on a knife besides the kiridashi chisel grind i did so i must say i'm quite proud haha. lemme know what you guys think.

[​IMG]

2. six

six straight up pimp

I can dig it,what is the stock thickness&blade steel,where are you in NY?:shockedevil:

3. rscheppmann

rscheppmann Diabolus ex Occasus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Is it chisel ground, or dual? Grind looks pretty good. You gottal love grinding a reverse curve :ssmile:

4. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

I guess double ground judgin from the Edge height on the Anvil Vice

Lookin good vendettaknives

5. firebolt

firebolt Hollandse Duivel Brigade Member

looks good an wicked

6. vendettaknives

its 3/16" (closer to 1/4" than 3/16") 154CM. and its dual ground and yea its quite a challenge and takes forever but its worth it haha. thanks for the compliments guys. i'll post some pics when its finished, im also working on a coffin style dagger which i'll post some pics of when i grind the blade on that, just waiting for a new shipment of belts. and @six im located on long island

7. RoyalM

RoyalM Commando Devil Super Moderator Brigade Member

Looks like an interesting piece. I've not even tried to grind something like that, it looks a challenge. I will say I take my hat off for you going for a dual grind and not a chisel. That must ramp up the difficulty of this knife by at least a couple of notches.

I look forward to seeing this come to completion.

8. Badger01

Badger01 Average member

I like the grind... pretty....Bold. Stick with it man.

9. vendettaknives

thanks man, hopefully i'll be receiving my belts tomorrow or thursday. i'll post some pics of the grind once i finish it up.

10. six

six straight up pimp

I'm tuned in:shockedevil: