1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 7 making a come back???

Komodo Jan 19, 2014

1. Komodo

Komodo entertainment coordinator Brigade Member

I got a junk email from HP this morning advertizing their new computers, with Windows 7 instead of Windows 8???? It wasn't a typo, they're saying "You asked for it, you got it"

Is Windows 7 making a come back? Is Windows 8 on it's way out?

2. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

The way out the Window

3. nocheese4u

nocheese4u Notch'yo' cheese! JDBA Official Member

I don't have much experience with windows 8 buit sucks without a touch screen. Seems more of a tablet os than a pc/laptop os.

4. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

FWIW, I ordered a new Lenovo laptop (T430S) with Windows 7 around 8 months ago, on the advice of a knowledgeable friend.

I like it. Absolutely no issues...

5. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I still like XP the best :pissedevil:

6. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Then you'd like Windows7. Pretty much the same. To me anyway...

7. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Yeah, all my new machines are WIN7. Kinda like "Vista2"

8. Dyoung

Dyoung Enormous member

I downloaded Windows 8 onto my laptop... Turns out that was a mistake so now I have to get a full version of Windows 7 online and re-install it.:devilroll: Its made my laptop much harder to use because it was only ever designed for touchscreens. :unintroduced: