1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Will a National Carry Permit ever become a reality ?

waterdogs Nov 16, 2016

1. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Our new Commander In Chief swears that this will be a serious part of his agenda....time will tell....

2. exile82187

exile82187 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I would like it as I have family in North Dakota, Minnesota, and Colorado and I like to keep my iron on my side so to speak.

3. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I seriously doubt it..unfortunately

4. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

I'D prefer to see the hearing protection act through first. I think this one couldve maybe even made it through with either elect so I think a small victory would set a nice tone.

5. jjhamilton

Kind of a double edged sword here, taking the laws out of the hands of the individual states and allowing government to dictate state law, which is a negative, yet is a positive for reasons we all know...

If the government can give this impowerment to the public regardless of state mandate then it opens the door for it to not only take it away but to completely restrict nationally again regardless of state laws...

Imagine another anti gun government in less than a decade deciding to go all out and take away CCW rights, well we let them extend it not too long ago so we intimately gave them the ability to govern gun rights from the White House...even though I would love to have national ability to conceal, I fear giving power to our government

zephyr05 and Coconutfilipino like this.
  6. perado

perado Shoot to thrill

An enumerated right shouldn't be a states' rights issue. Rights are from a higher power than the government. Anything the government "allows" is something the government can take away.

CCW is a restriction in that it only allows legal concealed carry with government permission. As with "gun free zones," it only restricts those who would not use the firearm for evil anyway.

I see nothing in the 2nd Amendment mentioning method of carry.

El Gringo likes this.
  7. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I got to totally agree with JJ on this well written statement .

markandrex likes this.
  8. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

:thumbsup:

9. jjhamilton

I agree, it's a constitutional right...but notice how many politicians care about the constitution these days..Hell, how many "regular folk" care or even know the constitution these days?

You know, everyone is so worried about a direct assault on the 2nd Admen, they are missing where the real attack is coming from. Your (mine) 2nd admen rights are being eroded from the schools up...they are attacking generations to come.

My 6 year old (at the time) daughter got in trouble for saying "shoot" after dropping her pencil...yeah we had a conversation with the teacher over that...but really what good will it do? Nothing until we take back our schools and our children's education from indoctrination. At this current rate, the next few generations that take our place will not fight to keep gun rights, they will give them away freely..

10. dymond47

dymond47 Better than gold or platinum

When good men see evil and do nothing, what does that say about them?you think it does not shame all of our fallen heroes who served their country with honor and their lives..

Coconutfilipino likes this.
  11. perado

perado Shoot to thrill

That the Constitution is ignored (or worse) is a different issue. A direct attack on the 2nd is not possible at present. I certainly agree about education; THAT should be a states' right issue.

12. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

:thumbsup: Agreed :thumbsup:

13. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Not to worry... did you see the results from Nov the 8th? Things are gonna turn the needle back to the 'normal' section on the national looney gauge I'm thinking.

jjhamilton likes this.
  14. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

I hope you're right... butt* don't forget the turncoat antics of George H. W. Bush! He joined the NRA to get their support, then signed the "Assault Weapons" ban... :liar:

15. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Not George.. you're thinking of Bill the rapist. Satan's husband... of the same couple that sold super computers to China so they could develop ICBMs in which to use against us to get into the Free Trade Agreement back in the late 90's by threatening to nuke L.A.. The other half of the pure evil that recently lost an election. That's where the assault weapons ban came from.

"In 1989, prior to the enactment of the 1994 legislation, the George H. W. Bush administration had banned the importation of foreign-made, semiautomatic assault rifles deemed not to have "a legitimate sporting use." It did not affect similar but domestically manufactured rifles." - (not to say this wasn't f'ed up also.)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2016
    Sheldon_Wickersham likes this.
  16. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

My bad... I just recalled that I hated to see the H&K 91 go on that list!

17. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

"A ban, is a ban, is a ban !" :cry:

18. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

How about a world permit ,or a global permit .Get some 007 status Baby

19. perado

perado Shoot to thrill

For that you'd need a global government. From everything I've seen of that idea, you're more likely to be arrested for pointing your finger and saying "Bang bang."
    Now, with the global recognition of our 2nd amendment...but I wouldn't wait up for that to happen.

20. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

This guy`s got some insightful thoughts on the subject....

[video=youtube;UJvgyfQo87M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJvgyfQo87M[/video]