1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Why the heck is everyone dumping there pale’s

Artie Apr 22, 2019

1. Artie

Artie JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Seems like in the last few weeks, there’s been 6-8 pales sold. Can’t imagine why though all of a sudden...

2. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Average Member

They are overpriced. And people with the in are middling.

skyblue likes this.
  3. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

They have a rabid following on this forum, so I'm going to put my hard hat on and opine that people are just trying to make a profit (probably because they paid half for the same ones that have sold for twice at auction). As already stated, they're way overpriced for what they are. Read the specs on IG and decide for yourself.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    apdallaround likes this.
  4. Shawnjohn999999

I'm a picker. I'm a grinner. I make knives for money.

5. Blurred Memories

Blurred Memories Little Member

trying to free up some cash for those upcoming chimeras and ti basils?

6. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That can be said for any Bali over $100

Balibuyer likes this.
  7. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab Pakal I JDBA Official Member

:gonnagetchu:

Easy profit if you got lucky with an IG drop.

I’ve heard some of the early ones flip excellent but people are probably disappointed and want the easy quick profit.

I haven’t touched one of his own creations and probably won’t because people ask the moon. Blame IG

I will say that I had him mod a tach2 back in the day and his work was excellent quality.
    He was a damn nice guy!
    (i wish i had that knife back)

Balibuyer likes this.
  8. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

So, I owned one of the original BC's. It was an excellent flipper. From memory I think I paid about $650 for it. I considered it to be in my top three at the time. It was the first Japanese tanto Pale did.

Recently I traded it for a new Kukri BC.. cause I love the blade shape. That one flips even better than the first.

I also managed to get a Backline from Pale. I cant remember what he sold those for but they're cheaper than any ti model. Might've been around 500$.

Backline also flips amazing. Its lighter than BC, maybe about 4.5oz. It runs on washers but you'd never know because the tolerances are the same or better than most bushing or bearing driven bali. It swings just as well which leads me to the conclusion that if you do it right.. bushings and bearings are completely unnecessary.

I'm never selling either of mine. If I got the chance I'd buy more because they are that good to flip.

Are they "over priced".. well yes, if you buy secondary or auction. But that's the same for most popular bali's. If you buy direct from Pale then they're reasonably priced and about the same as any sought after custom maker. They are after all, completely hand made.

9. Baliman987

Baliman987 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Because its a 750-950 knife going for 2k these days. They rarely get flipped as they were intended to because anyone who buys one for secondary market price cant fully enjoy one because they dont want to fuck it up. And anyone who gets one straight from pale, would almost be stupid not to sell it for 2k, because someone will buy it. They’re more so collection centerpieces now and they get passed around to whoever has the coin at the moment.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  10. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

I honestly think the crazy prices on the secondary market is the biggest reason for the growth of balisongs. A lot of people get into it to make money.

***Capitalism at its finest

Shawnjohn999999 likes this.
  11. Shawnjohn999999

IG is out of control. People making names for themselves on snake oil products.

12. Baliman987

Baliman987 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I hear ya. It doesn’t work in favor of true enthusiasts and flippers.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    apdallaround likes this.
  13. Camel

Camel Tiny Member

Not sure why the dump is happening but I know I want one! Just not willing to spend what they are asking so I'll be patient

14. Klyuchak

Klyuchak Little member JDBA Official Member

Yeah, while getting people into the hobby is usually a good thing, it's not so good when the only thing they're adding back is the price. I'd rather have a small niche community and pay the markup for small runs and customs than pay an aditional $1k+ hype fee on a production knife.

Baliman987 and Balibuyer like this.
  15. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I heard Pale is out of unicorn blood so quenching is a problem now. :attnwhore

16. Shawnjohn999999

Patient for what?

17. Felix1914

Felix1914 Tiny Member

Right so what’s are you into whT kinda blades

18. Felix1914

Felix1914 Tiny Member

Right I found a butterfly on here going for 200 an I found it on amazon of all places for 90

19. Camel

Camel Tiny Member

If you're patient you can always get a good deal, recently picked up a BRS AB Infinity for $350 simply because someone needed money asap

20. Shawnjohn999999

High ends are getting harder to move. Prices keep dropping off their original asking price.