1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Who's a Lucky Devil?

El Gringo Sep 5, 2016

1. sam eib

sam eib Average Member

You are extremely talented! I'm envoyus!!!

2. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I fall in to the lucky devil category. Started here in 2009 as an apprentice and am now a Journeyman Lineman. I cant say it doesnt have any tough days, or weeks for that matter. But I can't imagine doing anything different.

Kelper and begreen61 like this.
  3. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

It's amazing what a few months can do.

I friggin love my job right now.

I feel like I have a sense of purpose again.

Kelper, crogers and begreen61 like this.
  4. perado

perado Shoot to thrill

Years ago I drove taxicabs and loved it, but it had some issues. I finally started with the state with some jobs that had some fulfillment, but a lot more stress and headache. I retired early to take care of wife and her mother, who lived with us. M-I-L has since passed.
    A few months ago I decided to get back to doing something, so I sold my beloved Jeep Rubicon and got an Acura MDX to drive for Uber and LYFT. 99% of what I loved about taxicabs with only 1% negative.
    I wrecked the Acura back in early July and have missed the driving and the extra income (which was more than I had expected). As I write this, I'm waiting for the service advisor to call to tell me to come pick it up. Just in time to go to court tomorrow.
    To borrow from Willy, :band: On the road again, I can't wait to get on the road again...