1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Who here collects art??

KNIFE_GIRL Apr 25, 2011

1. KNIFE_GIRL

KNIFE_GIRL Knife Wielding Sex Goddess Lady Devil

Besides the obvious gun, knife, and flashlight fetishes, who here collects art besides me? I have varied tastes from vintage advertising posters to Picasso, to serial killer art. Just wondering...

A few pics to follow when I get a chance.

Gen:ross:

2. Tank Buster

Tank Buster Rattlehead Devil

What the heck is serial killer art? Sounds creepy as fuck.

3. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

idk

Kinda scary hot when a girl collects it, Tank.:devilzeek

4. hot.soapy

hot.soapy Hot and Soapy Devil

:bwah:scarier when she makes it.

ded i likes this.
  5. Tank Buster

Tank Buster Rattlehead Devil

:bwah:

No, kidding bro.

6. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

That's the hot part, soapy. :D

7. Windir25

Windir25 Huge member

OOOOOOOO!!!!! I enjoy browsing art and drooling over things I cannot afford. I have a small prints collection with some Max Ernst, HR Giger, and a few smaller time artists who have done some work for some underground metal bands.

I TOTALLY know what you mean by serial killer art. Stuff by like John Wayne Gacy, Dahmer, Manson (although I argue the fact that he was a serial killer, I just see him more of a...good manipulator). There is a death metal band called Macabre who have created their entire career on serial killers. Each song represents a serial/mass killer of the past and tells his/her story. AWESOME BAND! The lead singer is also a HUGE collector of art and memorabilia. COOL THREAD! Ide love to see some pics!

8. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

Even scarier, is she is a teacher :bwah:

"You have to stay after class :muahaha:"

J/K

We have collected some Inuit carvings over the years. At one time we both worked in the Arctic and one my wife's friends is still North of the 60th. We have collected some pretty interesting pieces.

9. TacoMan5000

TacoMan5000 TacoDevilMan

I like nautical art; usually ships on rough seas. Also maps and any statues that catch my eye.

10. englishmark

englishmark Wicked Gardener

I struggle with art..............I don't understand it.

Sometimes I see a painting or something and I kind of like it.

Other times I see a painting or a statue or some other kind of art that people say is amazing and to me it looks like a bunch of stuff thrown together.............I don't get it.

I think I need to learn the finer points to appreciate what art is.

11. Tony8179

Tony8179 Bone For Tuna Brigade Member

I'm not a collector of art, but I know what I like and I like to hang paintings in my home. Most of what we have in our home is from our vacations in Newport, RI. There are a few galleries there that include local artists, serious and established artists, and a photography gallery. We usually buy from the gallery that supports the local artists and the photography gallery. We've purchased something every time we go so we have six different pieces, three paintings and three photographs. This year I want to pick up something small and narrow for a wall in the kitchen.

From walking through the gallery for the more serious collector I was introduced to and extremely impressed by the work of an artist named Alexei Butirskiy. His land and cityscapes really floored me. His work is very clean and crisp and his use of lighting is some of the best I've ever seen. Here's an example of his work called "Night in White Satin". I really like this one.

[​IMG]
    Picture courtesy of piccadillys.com

And another titled "Central Park"

[​IMG]
    Picture courtesy of piccadillys.com

SugarSkull likes this.
  12. firepowerfox

firepowerfox Foxy Devil Lady Devil

I collect African, Indonesian, whatever tribal masks. I inherited some ivory from my aunt and uncle who were antique collectors (Don't tell PETA lol) My living room looks like Indiana Jones meets Relic Hunter. Also old prints of animals etc.

13. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

Please - pix! John Waters has some serial killer 'artifacts' - which is a little different, I know ... but I would really like to see and hear about your collection. :artgallery:

Vintage posters are terrific!

I have a few old wooden crates with ads painted on - like the old Orange Crush ... and some with just "tomatoes" or "bananas" ... one with 'Cotton Club' :yesman:

Also - handmade farm/carpenter/ tools - I consider them 'art' ...

14. KNIFE_GIRL

I'll post the scary stuff tonight when I get home :devilzeek

15. KNIFE_GIRL

Three Gacy paintings to wet your whistle...

16. firepowerfox

firepowerfox Foxy Devil Lady Devil

oooh cool me like!

17. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

How did I know they'd be Gacy paintings......

18. KNIFE_GIRL

:bwah::bwah::bwah:

19. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Scottish Terriers and horse racing adorn my livingroom walls... as well as a lone picture of a whale breaching.

20. trakker45

trakker45 Devil's Advocate

My wife and I have a modest collection of original oil paintings by Pennsylvania artists. Mostly contemporary works on canvas. We also have a beautiful wooden sculpture in our dining area that draws a lot of attention from guests. We don't buy much anymore, but we still like to attend the gallery shows when we receive an invitation.