1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Who are you named after?

Mr.LaBella Jun 23, 2016

1. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

I am named after my father who was named for an actor, Ronald Coleman.

You? Where does your name come from? (Real name or nickname, I suppose! Both even???)

begreen61 likes this.
  2. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

The Milkman...

Kelper likes this.
  3. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Clyde, my deceased four-legged buddy.:manganr: Actually my middle name is Andrew... same as my father's first name. I think my 'real' 1st name was pulled out of thin air.

begreen61 likes this.
  4. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Jeremiah Joesph.....you get one guess!

begreen61 likes this.
  5. OilMan

OilMan Jaded Brigade Member

I was named after an American serviceman that was beat to death in Germany. Not real sure of all the details, might have been on leave from the US base at the time, but his mother was good friends with my parents. Middle name came from my Dad.. (Last name too I guess.. :-) )

begreen61 likes this.
  6. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I'm a junior.

Guess who I'm named after...

begreen61 likes this.
  7. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Nickname came from my younger son who stuck me with littlerose for my online chat stuff. Then Rosie became my nickname here. Kelper well guess I earned that by birthplace.

begreen61 likes this.
  8. dymond47

dymond47 Better than gold or platinum

from Daddy,s brother and Mama,s brother.

begreen61 likes this.
  9. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

My first name came from my Maternal Grandfather who passed away the same day that my Mom got the results of her pregnancy test.

My middle name came from my "estimated" birth date, October 12th... Columbus Day, thus Christopher. Butt*, I was actually born 10 days later.

begreen61 likes this.
  10. WalkingTree

WalkingTree JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

No one for my first, but my middle name is Nicklaus after Jack Nicklaus. My dad apparently insisted on it as my mom was hurling into the toilet one morning, so she gave in. I don't even like golf, but its a good name

11. Komodo

Komodo entertainment coordinator Brigade Member

First and middle names (John Charles) for each of my grandfathers.

12. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

My Father Middle name was Gary , so it was pass to me

13. Fenlore

Fenlore I am Spartacus! Brigade Member

I'm named for my Grandfather. Well, my middle name anyway. My first name my parents chose for whatever reason.

14. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Okay.....here's my guess:

You're 36 years old and you still can't spell "Joseph".

15. littlejoey

littlejoey High on a Mountain Top Brigade Member

Call me Junior... thanks, Dad!

16. MidnightAbyss

MidnightAbyss JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

A guy in the bible for my first name and my grandfather for the middle. My last comes from my long line of lineage dating back to medieval times in Wales.

Kelper likes this.
  17. kayakjax

kayakjax Deep & Wide Brigade Member

My full name is Jackie Lyn Banks.

(Don't look at me; I didn't pick it. :ropeman: )

My dad told people that I was named after Jackie Gleason, my mom said I was named after Jackie Robinson.

The real story is a little weirder than that... I'm actually (kinda) named for my mom's dad. His name was actually Fred C. Keown, but everybody called him Jack. WHY somebody named Fred was called Jack has always been a mystery to me, and everybody who knows is long dead.

Instead of Jack, they decided to avoid any confusion between a little kid and a 70 year old man, and called me Jackie.

My mom had a little brother named Leo who died when he was a little kid. And somehow, they decided to use Lyn as my middle name instead of Leo.

Basically, instead of being called Jack Leo, they decided that not one, but TWO girls' names would be better. :devilzeek

I guess I should be grateful... if I was a girl, they were going to call me Devonna Mae.

And I was born with long sideburns. Evidently, there was some serious discussion about naming me Elvis.

I guess Jackie Lyn's not so bad.

For a while, I decided to go by Jack instead of Jackie. I got tired of people who know my full name calling me Jaclyn. I have friends who have known me for a long time who have always called me Jack, and others I've known for just as long who have never called me anything but Jackie.

Those circles of acquaintances finally started meeting, and there was some confusion.

I eventually stopped giving a shit, and just went back to my legal name when I started in the boilermakers, because there was a lot of paperwork hiring in for every little job, and it was just simpler.

As far as kayakjax goes, I spent my twenties working as a pool table mechanic for a pool table supply company that also had a 16 table pool room with a video arcade. When I set high score on a machine, instead of using JLB, I'd use JAX. As in "This is Jack's score". Nobody knew who JLB was, but everybody there knew who Jack was.

After going to the Keys the first time in 2004, I became obsessed with getting a fishing kayak. I carved JAX into my first one, as identification. So, it became "Hey, there's Jack and Jax kayak!"

When I started needing a user name of the intarwebz, I found that kayakjax was almost never taken, so I started using it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2016
    Kelper and GODDESS OF VENGEANCE like this.
  18. Brian_W204

Brian_W204 Enormous member

I'm on vacation visiting my 78-year-old father and he's sitting next to me and I asked him this question and he said. "I was named after everyone that was named before me." My wife think's I'm a smart-ass.

I always assumed I was named after a my godfather, but since I'm here with my father I asked him and he said he just made something up quickly. He and my mother hadn't picked out a name because I wasn't expected to live. That was something I didn't expect and it started an interesting conversation. Love this place.

Kelper likes this.
  19. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

my name...

came from the Federal Witness Protection Program!

Not really, middle name Lee for my maternal grandfather; not sure where first name of Timothy came from though.

Kelper likes this.
  20. Donnie B.

Donnie B. JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Named Donald. My dad was named Donald.

I named my son Mike.

:thumbsup:

Kelper likes this.