1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you buy your knives?

forbes617 Jun 28, 2015

1. forbes617

forbes617 Huge member

I am not sure if this has been discussed before. I looked around and didn't see anything.

What sources do you use to find your knives? (other than right here on JD)

Living in MA, we do not have many local shops that sell quality blades unfortunately. I have had good experiences with sites like bladehq, knifeworks, knifeart, and monkeyedge.

I wanted to post this thread to see if there are any other lesser known sources I may be overlooking.

Thanks

2. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I give Arizona Custom Knives a lot of my money.

3. Shiroi.oni

Shiroi.oni Huge member

Yeah, Arizona custom knives, BHQ for balisongs, edc knives, steel addiction, & fort henry custom knives.

4. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

In MN they hold "Weapons Shows" at various venues about every quarter. It is usually a good place to look at, get fingerprints on, and occasionally buy a knife. I bet they do somewhere within driving distance of you.

https://gunshowtrader.com/gunshows/minnesota/

5. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

6. electricfactory

electricfactory Little member

Another vote for ACK, and how about being able to lay-away !!

7. Shiroi.oni

Shiroi.oni Huge member

Definitely!! Forgot to mention that option! Thanks! :ross:

8. electricfactory

electricfactory Little member

I have to say i'm surpirsed more vendors don't choose to allow for layaway, great for buyers and I don't see a downside for vendors.

9. ilovekittens

ilovekittens Sailing the seas of cheese Knife Maker or Craftsman

I usually like to shop around for the best deal, I've noticed blade HQ isn't always the lowest, but they do offer price match. I never tried to utilize that option seems like extra work.

I rarely purchase from ACK, I don't understand why someone is willing to pay a 25% consignment fee, when you can sell it right here on the JD for free.
    I always think some sellers add the 25% fee to the selling price, so almost everything is at least 25% overpriced. Every once in a while I see something worth the price tag though.

:jdwink2: ILK

10. xris_coke

xris_coke Average member

eBay and Craigslist

I have found a few nice surprises on those sites. Kniveshipfree.com is great too. As for Craigslist I found my favorite blade on there for a steal.