1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

When it Rains, It Pours!

knifecarver Oct 16, 2013

1. mack1

mack1 Resident Bastid

And here I am, reading this Thread while smoking a cigarette.:unintroduced:

Wezy's been after me for years to quit and, at 54 years of age now, it may just be time.

Smoke, Prayers & Best Wishes to you & yours. Including the pup.
    God I love big dogs!

Our Dane was the runt, and only 124#'s in her prime, but she landed on my feet more than once.
    The worst though was that whip of a tail, right at crotch level.:devilzeek

Gary, our condolences.
    Nobody ever said Life was fair.
    No one ever gets out alive.

It's great John was at peace. I believe Judy was, too.

knifecarver likes this.
  2. dymond47

dymond47 Better than gold or platinum

Keeping all in thoughts and prayers..

3. dymond47

keeping you all in thoughts and prayers..

4. knifecarver

knifecarver Embellisher of skin, bone, horn & metal Lady Devil

This is an update.

First, I thank everyone for your prayers & support, but Greg's foot couldn't be saved. In a last ditch effort, he had another angioplasty to open up the smaller blood vessels in his foot. In the next surgery, his podiatrist removed the dead flap of skin on his foot and found the muscles dead and the foot full of infection. So, he had to have another surgery, a below the knee amputation. This time it looks good. It will be a long road of therapy. He is still in the hospital & will probably be there for Christmas. But!!! The hospital allows Titan to visit him. (one of the reason's Greg agreed to stay, the other? Me threatening him!) With a prosthetic, Greg will still be able to drive and we may continue our courier service, but that is a long way down the line.

God has a reason for everything he does. Sometimes, it takes years before it becomes apparent. This time, I can see his reason unfolding much quicker.

1. Titan is alive...because he is my strength, the shoulder I cry on, the ear that listens and doesn't criticize or talks back. God knew I would need him and his close call with death prepared me for what would happen to Greg.
    2. We are going to get Titan certified as a Therapy Dog. A Chaplain in the hospital, came to our room and told us that Titan would be an excellent candidate and this Chaplain is the only person in CT qualified to certify him. Titan was born to make people Smile!
    3. I am going to embellish Greg's prosthetic leg. It will be made from carbon fiber and titanium. May be the start of a new business for me.
    4. Because we had accident insurance, we will be able to straighten out our debts better than if we were still working.
    5. When Greg gets back on his feet (literally) I'm going to go have a much needed hip replacement surgery. Something I wasn't able to do because I was self-employed. No work, means no money!
    6. This has been our toughest year ever and we're still together, still in love, going on 32 years!
    7. Almost forgot this...Greg STOPPED SMOKING! No patches either!

EOD13 and ded i like this.
  5. dymond47

keeping you and family in thought and prayers dear Lady..

6. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

:devilzeekHOLY CRAP

Geeze Kathy/Greg, I'm very sorry for this Misfortune:cry:

Merry Christmas and Hopefully a Much better new year!

7. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I hope things are getting better in 2014.
    Maybe this horrible accident is just what was needed to get you to stop smoking,
    to prevent an even worse incident down the road.
    Better to lose your foot than your life.
    I'm glad you cant blame your dog.
    That thing looks like he would kill for you.
    Is he a mastiff by any chance? They are special.

Prayers and wishes for continued recovery.
    And embelishing the prosthetic is a great attitude!:thumbsup:

knifecarver likes this.
  8. dymond47

keeping you and family in prayers..