1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

What's Worse Than Snakes On A Plane?

Komodo Sep 7, 2013

1. Komodo

Komodo entertainment coordinator Brigade Member

Spiders in your car!

Every time I get in my car there's spider silk threads all over everything. No webs, just the threads.
    Couple of days ago I killed one spider who landed on my arm as I was driving. :devilzeek Next day, I caught one as I was getting in the car and killed it. After that, the silk has gotten a lot worse, but I haven't seen any spiders to kill them.

I'm not a big fan of spiders to start with, and it kinda freaks me out driving knowing that they're in the car with me waiting to pounce on me! :bwah:

Any ideas on how to get rid of them? Without setting the car on fire? :bwah:

2. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

[​IMG]

One or two of these guys will set you up :thumbsup:

Komodo likes this.
  3. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

Put a hose from the exhaust and snake it inside the car.
    Roll windows up, ( obviously DON'T be inside car ) and let run for a good while.
    Air it out really well, febreze it if needed. Anything in there is dead now!

Good luck man!!

4. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

As bad as they smell (to me) moth balls may work....though your car will smell like an 80 year old southern ladies house...

5. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Get yourself a bug fogger at the hardware store. They may come 3 to a pack. Just set one off in your car with the car windows open (they are good for about a 15' x 15' room). After 2-3 hours, air out your car.
    I went out to my truck the other day and saw that a spider had set up a large circular web on the outside of my rear window, wiper arm and rear bumper. I picked up a small twig and proceeded to clean off the web. A large, quick, 8 legged, furry beast dropped to the ground. My immediate response was... 'Ugh!' and I stomped him to death. :manganr:

6. Komodo

Yeah, but then I'd have get something to deal with the mantis, then something to deal with that and so on. Next thing ya' know, I'm trying to stuff an elephant into the car! LOL!

7. 22MEANTXGUNS22

22MEANTXGUNS22 Huge member

Spiders may be creepy but at least they couldn't attack you while behind the wheel. They're reclusive, if you're in there driving they're hiding from you. my friend had the misfortune of picking up several wasp hitchhikers while he was out shooting his rifle. Was driving back into town when out of nowhere he sees several wasps flying around him. He opens the window but they won't leave, one crawled up his shirt sleeve and stung the fuck out of his arm. Now bear in mind this is several miles south of the city limits, if he was allergic or had an accident it would be a while before another vehicle passed by and found him. Actually called me in a panic and was hysterical because he didn't know if he was allergic but luckily he wasn't. I'll never forget how nasty those sting marks were though. Ever since seeing that, I've opted for indoor shooting ranges.

8. T-man

T-man Huge member

Owl dude is right though, even if that mantis is chillin in your car for a year, wouldn't matter. Better than spiders chillin in the car :ross:

9. Beelzebubbles

Beelzebubbles JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I gotta say id rather find a large mantis than a bunch of spiders. I found this one while out riding my bike one day.:thumbsup:

[​IMG]

10. Bruce

Bruce New Jersey's *other* Bruce

Whatever you do John, don't reach around under the seat! :ropeman:

If they don't go away, just set your car on fire and collect the insurance. :bwah::bruce:

11. Komodo

Hey Bruce, did ya' miss the part about NOT setting the car on fire??? :bwah:

Besides, I've only had the car for two weeks, and I'd like to keep it around a little longer.:manganr: If the spiders don't die off in another couple of weeks, THEN, I'll think about torching it! :ross: :ross: :ross: