1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Whats up with bali prices??

spsgold Jan 22, 2022

1. RudyTheKlown

RudyTheKlown Tiny Member

I recently decided to up my balisong game since my only bali right now is a BM67. I discovered BRS and Hom design and then discovered that literally no where has any in stock for regular price. I dont feel like paying double the price for one on secondary.

Is the idea just to keep my eyes peeled for when they drop? How often does that usually happen?

snache and chutcher like this.
  2. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

We're glad that you are eager to participate in our beloved forum, butt* we DO require that EVERYONE post an introduction before anything else. I notice that you have failed to do so.

Please go to the Testing the Waters. New member introductions forum at http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/testing-the-waters-new-member-introductions.34/ and tell us a little about yourself.

Otherwise, [​IMG]

snache likes this.
  3. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Some of us don't like Instagram and are sometimes in the dark about the drops. You should post a notice on JD as well

4. chutcher

I would not sell most of my balis for $100 over what I paid. Double, yes. Triple, hell yes!

5. RudyTheKlown

RudyTheKlown Tiny Member

Indeed. I have ZERO social media presence, aside from a few forums. I'd like to keep it that way.

6. twirl

twirl Hom Designs JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

I have a newsletter sign up for drops on my website.

But come on boomer, never too late to get your TikTok account going!

7. RudyTheKlown

RudyTheKlown Tiny Member

Brilliant! I'll sign up!

snache likes this.
  8. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

There is a tach 2 someone is trying to sell on FB for $1550! You gotta'
    be kidding me! Thanks Obama!

9. chutcher

Lets go Brandon!

10. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

11. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Still love my HOM basilisk Gold. PVD handles and TiNi hardware/blade. Yummy! Definitely a safe queen for life no matter how the value goes up or down.

Looks like Tachyon 3 prices have gone up a lot too.

Shawnjohn999999 and snache like this.
  12. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

Bring back the MTECH Twist!

XxGRYMMxX, nostimos and snache like this.
  13. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Uuuh . . . . . so no one is going to mention the "I" word?
    Inflation! It's finally here.
    People (especially collectors) realizing that the dollar is losing value.
    What did you think was going to happen with trillions being printed.
    "Money printer go BRRRRRR" wasn't just a meme. :jdwink2:

Many are moving their ever more worthless fiat currency into "hard assets" like collectibles.
    No different than billionaires buying Picassos.
    Not everyone on the web is a conspiracy theorist, just buying gold, silver, guns, and bullets.
    Some appreciate "art", but the only art they know and can afford are beautiful knives.
    To me, that explains the high end balisongs, but you can still see this in custom folders,
    and nice factory blades.

Has anyone noticed what happened to the second hand car market?
    Why shouldn't the knives do the same when they resell?
    I know it sucks and it seems like opportunistic flippers, but this is the world we live in now.

I know this is oversimplified, and someone's gonna pull a "yeah-but",
    and point out other variables. But I saw this eventually coming years ago to many markets,
    even the humble knife world. :jdwink2:

14. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

You are so spot on , The Dollar is crashing ,,people are buying anything that may keep their value ,,Thats why anything collatable is being bought and inflation is addig to the price tag . Now a days buy top of the line ,,it will hold their value ,, common knives will lose their value ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm a Busse collector only the orginals and Been watching the demand and prices climbing fast ,,the newer Busse people are selling ,,are selling but their pricing is not climbing like the classic ones ,,Mass inflation is to blame for the pricing of all things,,

g

nostimos and snache like this.
  15. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

It was kinda implicit in my post. Figured everyone could read between the lines, yes government induced inflation.

16. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I stand partially corrected. :jdwink2:
    The second post of this thread (yours) did imply / infer this.
    BUT, i'm a simpleton (like most knife people :jdwink2:) and subtlety is not in my wheel house.
    I have to let it all out in the open in a rant ! :bwah:

snache and begreen61 like this.
  17. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

Yours was the better posting, explained much better than mine. I tend to say too much or not enough(usually too much).

:domo:

nostimos likes this.
  18. metlman

metlman JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Most collectible values have fluctuated over time. I collect what appeals to me, instead of speculating on what the future value may be.

Collectibles are only worth what the next person is willing to pay for it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  19. Frickbot

Frickbot Does not compute

Oddly enough I have one.

Was looking to get back into balis but I also noticed prices are fucking insane right now. I may just buy that Kershaw lucha and mess with it.

20. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

I have two twists with hardware upgrades I did ages ago. They are great once you replace the hardware.

On another note I wonder what 29's are going for these days. I never see them! Did he stop making knives?

nostimos likes this.