1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

What's up JD!?

M.Olexey Mar 7, 2009

1. M.Olexey

M.Olexey capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia Brigade Member

The best I can do for an update this week...

I had planned to finish up the step by step with the hybrid sheath how to this week but the tripod crapped out making the pic taking a little challenging. I got a replacement and will be back on track asap.

Mostly did some sheathmaking and started the finish work on the pikal (also rough ground the pikal XL). So I will add pics to the pikal FOS thread soon.

Finally, just before leaving work yesterday I managed to crush my left social finger in the liftgate of a truck at work. Whatever bit me pierced the fingernail at its base and inspired a bit of profanity and even more bloodloss. Dumbass tax paid in full. What is it they say..."if you're gonna be stupid you better be tough" .....I didn't cry........much That must mean I'm tough....or ....my brain is too primitive to have a well developed pain recognition response. I'm going with tough :deviltard:

Sorry...no pics of the bloody smashed finger...maybe I'll post some of the big blue and purple mess it will be soon.

I sure get a lot of use out of my firstaid kit....

Have a good weekend everyone!!!! :thumbsup:

:molexey:

mo

2. spydercofanatic

spydercofanatic Huge member

Sounds like fun. But that's the life of a steel junkie. Always bleedin from somewhere and doin good to have 8 out of 10 fingers partially functional at any given time. Good luck with NOT smackin it on everything you walk past. LOL

M.Olexey likes this.
  3. M.Olexey

8 of 10 is my average......the upside is it finally stopped bleeding :parker:

4. potterma

potterma Huge member

Dude.... Made me cringe just thinking about it... :ouch:

5. bs011961

bs011961 Focused Devil

That was sad to read........... no photos. At least it was only one finger and it was not broken. Glad to hear you did not cry too :devilzeek

I bet you will be happy to show folks your social finger now :madaddy:

6. Ken Brock

Ken Brock Who's Awesome? Super Moderator

hope it heals up quick Martin

7. Will

Will Zermeno Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

Just try and keep all the digits attached brother.

8. M.Olexey

Easier said than done....

Thanks fellas...it's all good as long as I don't touch anything with it :wes:

mo

9. Paul Mathews

Paul Mathews knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Ouch!

Heal fast, brother! I see I'm not the only one that is a magnet for stupid freaking accidents.:ropeman:

10. Chris Martin

Chris Martin phantom devil Knife Maker or Craftsman

We want pics, We want pics, We want pics.(Of the infamous finger)

Hope your finger is feeling better brother!!!

11. theMachine

theMachine Huge member

Alright, looking forward to seeing the pikal. Get better soon! :thumbsup:

I've been busy myself with school and work. I have a few knives I'm trying to finish up but I have so many new ideas I want to start on as well.

12. M.Olexey

I have many such H.U.A. incidents :deadevil:

I shall give you guys the finger this week....as soon as I replace the old camera :signhere:

I can totally relate :chuck:

*look at me I'm multi-quotin'

mo

13. Chris Martin

There he is, good to have you back brother. Was starting to wonder if the hand got infected and your fingers started faloing off...lol Ok,not nice I know. Hope your feeling better man.

14. M.Olexey

Yea it was throbbing so bad the past couple of days typing was a little torturous. Now its to the point where it only hurts when I put pressure on it so I can peck out a post or ten. So I'm back like a bad rash :tubtar:

15. Chris Martin

LOL, damn fingers. Always in the way of shit....

16. bs011961

bs011961 Focused Devil

5 days since it happened so How is your finger now ?

old remedy to relieve throbbing .....
    I read somewhere that dipping your finger in some Rum then sucking on it will relieve the throbbing. :jdsmokin:

17. M.Olexey

I am back in action....as long as I don't whack it on anything I'm good to go.

I think I'll skip the finger sucking and just drink the rum :bottle:

I've got the red liners laminated to your black scales so I'll be fitting up the handle on your knife soon :parker:

mo

18. bs011961

bs011961 Focused Devil

In that case try Captain Morgan's Black Cast Rum. And thanks for the update.
    :thumbsup: