1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Whats' eating up our neighborhood cats??

AJD1 Sep 28, 2011

1. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

Dualy noted...

2. Komitadjie

Komitadjie Jay to the Dee, Y'All!

Now that'd be something to see... Trap half a dozen of 'em and turn them loose in city hall or something like that...

3. Tank Buster

Tank Buster Rattlehead Devil

That's fucked up. :pissedevil:

4. Ken Brock

Ken Brock Who's Awesome? Super Moderator

why? sometimes it's a valid method of varmint control

maybe your area is different than mine. I see foxes all the time but they don't seem to bother the cats

coyotes on the other hand, them bastards eat anything

5. Tank Buster

Well, I'm a big animal lover and would never even think of killing or hurting an animal unless it was attacking me or someone else. I understand the coyote problem. Many farmers lose their livestock and animals because of them, and others have even lost young children to a coyote attack. Yet I still can not condone shooting them on sight. If I saw a coyote around my property I would try scaring it away and then upgrading my security fences before shooting the animals. I have a ranch that is a major hot spot for coyotes. Luckily no coyotes have ever been able to get past my fences.

6. KMNREMTP

KMNREMTP Devil's Playmate

duuubya teee fuck?! (WTFUCK, for all tha .......... in here) really?! Ya buy varmint guns, collect knives, and tell me i have no morals because I toldtha guy to shoot the damn foxes.... shit, really???? I didn't say blow the bunny rabbits apart with .50 cal, however that does seem like it could be fun... shit, i told him to kill 'em n shoot 'em because they are a nuisance and no1 else seems to have any other possible solution, stop feeding 'em..... MY ASS- they're wildlife, they find food where people are NOT, how easy is it gunna be to find food where people ARE!-----OMG.... I should... I should.. I should.... Imma call da fukn police on y'all's asseses!

ETA- imma big animal lover too... but if u gotta 500 lb gator in ur child's swimming pool, cuddling with him AINT tha answer, no matter what u saw on youtube!

7. Ken Brock

Ken Brock Who's Awesome? Super Moderator

gotcha

different strokes for different folks I reckon

I have no problem shooting coyotes on sight. They are over populated here and have no natural predators

8. kayakjax

kayakjax Deep & Wide Brigade Member

You must have one hell of a set of fences.

9. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

Your Attitude is actually contrary to an Animal Lover.

You are thinking Emotionally and ignoring the actual Facts.

Hunting is the very best way to insure the survival of any species.

Controlled Hunting is the single most effective reason that the U.S. is full of wildlife and has more wildlife of every species now than in the time of Columbus.

You Sir - Have Zero knowledge of Conservation and Proper Management of Nature and it's Habitat.

10. Les Robertson

Les Robertson Guru of Steel Knife Maker or Craftsman

You know if you shot the remaining cats. The foxes (with no food source) would move on.

What??? I can't offer another option.

Seriously those people who just let their cats roam the neighborhood are completely irresponsible.

I don't know whats worse the cats or the Deer that come up and eat all the flowers.

We have a couple of foxes in the neighborhood....sadly the cat population seems to be increasing.

11. Tank Buster

Yup, a 10 foot tall fence lined with that plastic stuff that prevents people from climbing it borders all around the property. :devil1:

12. Tank Buster

Is that so? Let's take PETA for example. (I am NOT a member of PETA if anyone was wondering)

Anyways, PETA is known to be composed of major animal lovers. Do you think they go out and hunt? Not all animal lovers condone hunting as a way of conserving species. My attitude is not contrary to animal lover at all, you don't know me. Your statement is false.

13. 12345678910

12345678910 Worst Username Award

What stops a fox or Coy from digging under ?

I'm inclined to say, your answers smack of Bullshit

14. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Hawks... it's gotta be hawks eatin' the cats!

[​IMG]

15. Tank Buster

Can it, newbie.

Ever think, the fence could be extended and buried several feet underground? Whatever though, I don't have to be telling an idiot that.

16. Mike Stewart

PETA is not a conservation organization and they are emotional not factual. They accomplish nothing and are more of a religion than anything that actually protects animals.

Ask them how much money they spend on conservation projects or how much they spend on restoration of habitat - they are a radical bunch of whack jobs that are in it for the money and the press to make more money.

Ask them how much money they spend on Animal Rescues - it is nothing.

Follow the money and the Facts - not marketing bullshit.

My statements are not False.

True conservation organizations work WITH the State and Federal department of Natural Resources to help and control wildlife and habitat.

I really don't care what you condone but you have a lot to learn on what is and is not Conservation and propagation of a species.

I put my money where my mouth is - How about you ?

Our County announced that they no longer had the Funds to operate the local animal shelter and were going to put down all the animals and close it.

WE - A bunch of hunters - Took it over - We pay the staff and turned it onto a No Death Shelter.

The Devils that visited last weekend donated over $300.00 to that shelter and never even blinked.

You are barking up the wrong tree.

I am a conservationist and I am not wrong. I donate thousands of dollars a year to real conservation organization and projects and Zero to whack job sensationalists like PETA.

Feel free to send a donation to the Delta County Animal Shelter - We - the Blood Thirsty Hunters Saved it and are running it better than the county ever did.

12345678910 and KMNREMTP like this.
  17. Tank Buster

That was a very good deed that was done for the animal shelter and I give kudos to the people involved in saving it.

Now, might I ask what is it exactly that pursues you to hunt? Is it for sporting fun? Or is it because you are actually motivated to conserve and control the population of animal species? What exactly makes you want to open fire on a defenseless animal and then have it mounted as a trophy?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2011
  18. Mike Stewart

Kid - I don't have to justify something that is natural and totally American.

Being Self sufficient is important to a lot of us.

I eat what I hunt from Game animals and kill predators to control their numbers - just like all other hunters.

In fact I have hunted all over the world and have taken many different kinds of animals - I have never tried to ask you to hunt.

I do expect you to allow those of us that want to hunt to do that without you condemning it of trying to prevent us from hunting.

Do you not eat meat ?

Do you think it Grows at the supermarket ?

Is that not killing animals ?

Is there some way you think killing animals is OK for you to eat but not for hunters to eat ?

Were the Animals that the meat processors killed for you to eat defenseless ?

Don't be a hypocrite.

Speaking of Defenseless - maybe we need you to come Boar hunting with us - You can kill one with your knife. I have done that - just a knife.

Maybe he'll have your head mounted.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2011
  19. kayakjax

kayakjax Deep & Wide Brigade Member

Not all who hunt do so for trophies. When I hunt, it is for meat. Deer have overpopulated my area of Kentucky because not enough people hunt anymore.

I feel it is more humane to "open fire on a poor defenseless animal" than to let it starve because it has outstripped the available food in the winter.

Are you a vegetarian?

If not, do you feel it is somehow morally superior to kill confined animals with a boltgun in a slaughterhouse? Or is it merely better because someone else does the killing?

20. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Just don't shoot my dog! Ya'll know this discussion will never be settled, right?