1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

What should we do ?

tubtar Sep 27, 2021

1. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

For the Boss ?
    I have been in communication with a few principals and will be fishing for ideas on Saturday.
    But we HAVE to do something for Ron as a way of saying thanks.
    Ben Dibble is providing a wooden urn..............for now.
    And maybe forever.
    But I thought a truly Regal Pimp Urn..........maybe J.D. flavored , would be nice.
    Maybe something for Justus ?
    Maybe I don't know.
    I looked at custom urns , and most of the ones I saw were gay as fuck.
    But I interpret " custom " as being fairly open , so there are probably people out there who can do it right.
    Let's hear your thoughts on this............

2. Manganr

Manganr Devils Supermoderator Super Moderator

I'm sure there are some guys out there who can forge. I'm thinking J Neilson. A mastersmith and a Devil. Haven't seen him on in a good while but I've no doubt he could produce the masterpiece that Ron deserves. Maybe some sort of collaboration piece? I'm happy to chip in for the cost of such work.

nostimos, ded i, tubtar and 1 other person like this.
  3. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Nothing Fancy but custom is the answer I like the fact wood and a lathe who is a master turner and engraver ,would kick ass my 2 cents ,,

g

nostimos, tubtar and Manganr like this.
  4. Carson

Carson Rust Wizard Brigade Member

I am no crafter, but I'd also contribute a bit to someone who was to make a suitable urn for the Boss.

Ninjaz7, nostimos, tubtar and 2 others like this.
  5. RoyalM

RoyalM Commando Devil Super Moderator Brigade Member

I'd be happy to kick in for a custom urn, ideally from a maker on here who's got a bit of history with Ron.

nostimos, tubtar and begreen61 like this.
  6. begreen61

tis thread almost a month old ,,we need to find a maker and get Justus blessing after all it is his father ,,but we need to act

g

nostimos, tubtar and Poolshark like this.
  7. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

In the works.
    seandavid55 sent me a link to a damascus urn that I like a lot.
    I will talk to Justus and see how he feels about it.
    There are a few deals cooking to try and provide a fitting memorial to Ron.

nostimos and begreen61 like this.
  8. begreen61

keep me /and us informed ,,if everyone's in agreement ,,I care not what it is ,,just care it gets done ASAP out of Respect ,, Who's taking charge ,,I usually do but ,,I do not know the family ,,have no contacts other than the members here . So @tubtar looks like your on Point ,are you up for it ,,or is there someone in jersey that is tight with the family and a active Devil who can take point ,,get choices prices approval and I promise you the money will come ,, we all Owe Ron

nostimos likes this.
  9. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Ditto

10. begreen61

This Thread is getting depressing .and dissapointing ,,I even PM Justus on his intentions to keep this place going and willing to help keep the cash comming a week ago and got no responce . Were pushing almost 2 months now and still nothing for Ron ,, Decieced not to do rhe Secret Santa , not knowing if this place will still be here in 2 months , WE may be running out of time to do anything for Ron if we don't do something soon ,Good intentions is not geting us anywhere,,sorry to be bitchy .But I feel I owe at least something to Ron or his Son ((My life is my son)) thats why i say that.

SO.............................................................SOMEBODY.....................................

Pinoy Knife, nostimos and snache like this.
  11. L R Harner

L R Harner They call me "Butch" Knife Maker or Craftsman

i have turned some projects before not many deep vessels but i have the tools to try. one of my largest fears with rons passing was that this hall of greatness woudl fade away