1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

What production knife are you carrying today?

seelow123 Jul 20, 2012

1. zogglet

zogglet Better than Nutella Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

Thanks! (And I'll add that to my list of reasons to never buy a car.) :manganr:

Today it's the CS Recon1 (XHP steel):

[​IMG]

2. Spade115

Spade115 Huge member

Very nice recon, how do you like it?

3. zogglet

It's my favorite Cold Steel, that's for sure! I love it. The Tri-Ad lock is incredibly strong, the knife can cut through pretty much everything, and the fact that Cold Steel decided to remake most of their knives in CTS-XHP which were previously made in AUS8 is a huge plus for a knife like this. I do use this as a beater, and for good reason - it can definitely take it, and I don't have to sharpen it nearly as often as my Cold Steel Code 4 (I have the old AUS8 version of that one) - and I still consider the Code 4 a crazy strong knife.

I also really love the style of the clip point on the Recon 1; Cold Steel always had a unique take on the clip point with slight variations (my Code 4 is a clip point too). Overall, it's a badass, very high quality, cool looking, and affordable knife! Get one! :rollsmile:

(Also, this is 4" blade version. It's indeed large, but very EDC-able, and somewhat slim [not as slim as the Code 4 though]).

4. Spade115

Spade115 Huge member

I usually toss the Espada L (5.5) Model into my back pocket after work, But have been wanting something different and was looking at the Code4, But the Recon looks pretty damn nice too. I might have to start looking at them closely lol.

5. zogglet

That's the Espada I've always wanted to get - the L size (the polished and bolstered version), but have been holding out to see if they'd re-release it in XHP, heh. It doesn't seem to be in the works, sadly. But it's definitely not a deal breaker. Because of my city's laws, having an Espada found on me would probably not go too well. I probably wouldn't carry/use it as heavily as my other Cold Steels.
    (Also, when I started watching Breaking Bad a few years ago and saw Tuco using the Espada--that exact configuration, too--my desire to get one probably tripled.) :bwah:

6. PNWJimbo

PNWJimbo Stoned Adventurer Brigade Member

Fresh Paracord wrap on my new Izula in 440c Stainless Steel. Love the knife, hate the crappy plastic sheath. Anyone know of a better one?

[​IMG]

Gdilsaver1968 likes this.
  7. Spade115

Spade115 Huge member

I tried watching the show but couldnt get past the first episode x.x

Its a Great knife, I had to buy two lol. Already thinking of replacing blade if I ever destroy the first one and I havent been able to so I am happy lol.

Definitely recommend it if you can find it at a good price. Really like the first gen w/the chrome bolsters over the G10 versions.

8. C-Bear

C-Bear Brigade Member Brigade Member

Hello fellow redditor! :D

9. Benwon5

Benwon5 Huge member

Looks good

10. Standsalone

Standsalone El Borinquen Balisong JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

[​IMG]

11. Benwon5

Benwon5 Huge member

You get searched by the cops frequently? I don't worry about the police frisking me for no reason.

12. zogglet

Hahaha, no, I never have. But just having the reality of Philly's moronic knife laws looming over my head all day as I walk around is enough to produce some level of an "I'm being very illegal right now" feeling, heh. :tinfoil: :bwah:

13. PNWJimbo

City cops are no joke. "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you..." :ropeman:

14. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

"No joke" is an understatement....one of our veteran forum members who lives in NYC was coming up from the subway, and lit up a cig maybe two steps inside the No Smoking Area. Two beat cops saw this, and did a "Stop `n Frisk" on him, finding a knife (or maybe two) that are defined as "Illegal" under NY`s moronic laws.

Using this as the basis to get a search warrant for his home, they found LOTS more knives, which they confiscated, and the Devil wound up doing some fairly serious jail time.

If you live in one of these repressed type of areas, maintain a high level of alertness when you`re on the street....

15. zogglet

Another one of my favorite beaters: Cold Steel Code 4 (the one I was just talking about a few posts ago). Yesterday I again used waterdogs' awesome lanyard-attaching method to get this lanyard on it which I had given up on a while back, heh:

[​IMG]

16. Joe_Karp

Joe_Karp Huge member

Benchmade 790 Subrosa today.:devilwag:

17. PNWJimbo

Yeah I grew up right across from the GWB... Have plenty of my own stories with cops lol. Don't miss it!!! I remember driving around when I moved to WA just thinking "where are all the cops?"

Current duo: Ants in my pants and butterflies in my stomach

[​IMG]

18. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike paranoid nutjob Brigade Member

If you live in one of these highly repressed areas... MOVE!

(knife laws in CA are great!)

(gun laws suck... but fuck it... I'm felon... I don't need guns)

19. Standsalone

Standsalone El Borinquen Balisong JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

[​IMG]

stdlrf11 likes this.
  20. Keyman

Keyman Huge member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk