1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

What production knife are you carrying today?

seelow123 Jul 20, 2012

1. zogglet

zogglet Better than Nutella Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

Awesome score! The navy blue hardware is indeed very nice. I love the smooth and contoured look of this knife. Sweet! :thumbsup: :rollsmile:
    I noticed that it has a nicely sized lanyard hole, too. This would be one I'd definitely put a lanyard on, given the placement. How is it weight-wise? I searched, and it's stated as being 3.6 ounces, but for a knife of that size, does it feel sturdy enough? Or are my eyes just screwing with me?
    :unintroduced::bwah:

2. PNWJimbo

PNWJimbo Stoned Adventurer Brigade Member

He's seen me cut myself enough times to know those big shiny things are scary! :bwah:

VERY Sturdy, the framelock is perfect. The knife itself is quite thin, that's probably where some weight is lost. Yes I need a nice Blue TI bead lanyard for it!! Good call. Have any in mind that would look good on this one?

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  3. Standsalone

Standsalone El Borinquen Balisong JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

My kid wanted in on the shot :manganr:

[​IMG]

Gecko and Rhonda like this.
  4. Norvox

Norvox Little member

*Double. Sorry :ross:

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  5. Norvox

Norvox Little member

[​IMG]

Gdilsaver1968 and Travis B. like this.
  6. zogglet

That's what I figured from the images I've found of it. That's great to know! Definitely one I now have my eye on! :sinister:

Vipercord made me a nice lanyard which came to mind when considering what would look good on your knife (he's got a great collection of beads; I'm not sure about Ti though; mine is SS) that I planned on putting on my Spyderco Techno, but am having an annoying as hell time trying to get the full un-gutted paracord loop through the hole. It just so happens I have it in my desk now:

[​IMG]

Gecko likes this.
  7. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Re: attaching your lanyard....take a length of strong thread, fishing line, or one of the strands inside the paracord, feed it through the lanyard hole, through the loop in the lanyard, and back through the knife handle again. Wrap the loose ends around a ball point pan, kubaton, or whatever you have handy, and pull the lanyard`s loop through the hole.

If it STILL won`t go, put a drop of liquid dish soap on the lanyard loop, and try it again. Good luck ! :devilwag:

8. zogglet

Thanks so much for the advice! I can't believe I didn't think of something along those lines. :unintroduced:

I tried it right now using dental floss (it's the only strong-ish thread I have on hand in my office, and don't want to gut this lanyard right this moment), but the floss immediately snapped (and I almost snapped the Sharpie I had it wrapped around in half, hehehe). Good news is that the lanyard (and my fingers) are now minty fresh. :rollsmile:
    I'll try it with a paracord thread when I get home!

9. PNWJimbo

PNWJimbo Stoned Adventurer Brigade Member

:devilzeek:thumbsup::devilzeek:thumbsup:

Gecko likes this.
  10. Spade115

Spade115 Huge member

Frank B. Stiletto

[​IMG]

Gecko likes this.
  11. OilMan

OilMan Jaded Brigade Member

Production CKF T90 Customized by what it sounds like is their on staff pimp Stas Bondarenko.. Got it today and after adding the lanyard right into my pocket it went. Bigger than what I thought and also lighter. Sweet flipping action. No wrist, as it should be..

[​IMG]

Gdilsaver1968 and Gecko like this.
  12. zogglet

There's nothing I don't love about that customization. Awesome, awesome stuff! The lanyard is a perfect addition, too. :thumbsup:

13. zogglet

Yesterday morning, I finally got the lanyard onto my Techno, using waterdogs' very helpful advice. It took almost a half-hour, though. :bwah:

[​IMG]

And yes, to not stray from the purpose of this thread, it was indeed my carry yesterday. I only got the chance to take a crappy stealth photo:

[​IMG]

Thanks for the tips, waterdogs! :spacedevil:

14. Spade115

Spade115 Huge member

I just picked up one of these, so right now Its replaced my TwoSun Tanto (Which is up north right now)

[​IMG]

I have never had a Legit Ball Bearing knife, (My first is that Two sun) and have to say WOW!! :devilzeek

15. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Lookin` good, Zoggie ! :thumbsup:

(To quote Col. Hannibal Smith "I love it when a plan comes together !" :manganr:)

P.S.: If you think this was tricky, you should try installing a car windshield sometime ! :ross:

16. Norvox

Norvox Little member

[​IMG]

17. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike paranoid nutjob Brigade Member

Modded the grip on my BRKT Wilderness Explorer...

[​IMG]

18. Standsalone

Standsalone El Borinquen Balisong JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

:jdwink2:

[​IMG]

19. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Still EDCing a Buck 482 but going to give this one a try soon...

[​IMG]

20. Spade115

Spade115 Huge member

Benchmade BM62

Will be my new EDC knife

[​IMG]