1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

What production knife are you carrying today?

seelow123 Jul 20, 2012

1. Norvox

Norvox Little member

:manga
    Thanks!
    That's the XL Voyager. CS offers the Vaquero blades on the M, L and XL versions. For me XL Voyager is a great edc knife!

Good work with the ZT :)

zogglet likes this.
  2. Standsalone

Standsalone El Borinquen Balisong JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice score, that ZT is badass. I thought about getting one too long when they popped up and they were gone just like that, now I'm following them on IG so next time I'll have more time to decide. :bwah::bwah::bwah:

zogglet likes this.
  3. zogglet

zogglet Better than Nutella Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

Thanks! :manganr: It's definitely not impossible to get one; just make sure to sign up for the ZT newsletters because when it comes to the 0392 runs, they only reveal the a) vendors and b) the drop time 12 hours before it happens, and only via email. Just be a fast clicker. I probably won't go for any more of them; I have three now, one of them (this one) being my favorite. If I had known they'd be making seven zillion variants, I wouldn't have taken off from work on February 18th last year when the first one dropped. I thought I was going to own a piece of history there. Womp.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2016
  4. Standsalone

That color scheme though :devilzeek:devilzeek:devilzeek

If they come out with something as nice next time I'll definitely take a shot at one :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2016
  5. PNWJimbo

PNWJimbo Stoned Adventurer Brigade Member

Yeah I'm going to be hunting for one of these green on blacks on the aftermarkets now :cry:

6. C-Bear

C-Bear Brigade Member Brigade Member

[​IMG]

Currently I'm carrying a Camillus Becker Necker, as I'm on bed rest and don't really need a knife except I'm me and I always have at least one with me. Plus this eliminated the need to also carry an oxygen key to swap out tanks.

7. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Three things...
    1) Tell me about that sheath :madaddy:
    2) Do they come nude, or did you strip the coating off?
    3) Get better, man!

8. C-Bear

1) It's an Azwelke left side cross draw canted sheath, I never grab a knife to use the handle without it being in a sheath. It was a rule that I developed by not following it before :unintroduced:
    2) That picture is technically of a Ka-Bar Becker Necker San Mai. I admit that was a staged picture.
    3) Thanks, I apparently am not as well as I thought I was.

9. Norvox

Norvox Little member

[​IMG]

stdlrf11 likes this.
  10. zogglet

Ha, you've gotten me interested in yet another necker that I hadn't even been considering! I'll admit to knowing nothing of the brand or designer. What do you think of the knife overall?

When I looked it up just now, there was a little vagueness/confusion about what the difference between the Kabar and Camillus versions. This somewhat cleared it up.

And yes, get better soon! :manganr::thumbsup:

11. C-Bear

I'll fully admit, I'm a sucker for this little blade. It is a 3 finger blade but it's comfy, especially with the micarta slabs on it. It doesn't weigh very much, and for me it's always there. There are some minor differences between the camillus and the ka-bar versions. The camillus versions of this knife were a high saber grind where as the kabar are SLIGHTLY thinner and a full height grind. That is primarily the biggest difference. There was a metal change also, I'm not 100% sure what the camillus ones were, 0170-6C, but I don't really know what that steel is.

[​IMG]
    So left to right, is the Ka-Bar that has been modified a bit, then an unmodified Ka-Bar with micarta, then an unmodified Ka-Bar without micarta, then the Ka-Bar San Mai, then the Camillus San-Mai, and then Camillus with micarta.

PNWJimbo and stdlrf11 like this.
  12. zogglet

Thanks for outlining the differences, and for the comparison pic. I'm going to look into it more; it might be my next necker! :thumbsup:
    Camillus seems to have gone out of business, from what I've read. The Ka-Bar version isn't drastically different enough for me to want to go through the hassle (and likely pay way more) to seek out a second-hand Camillus version.
    :manganr:

13. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

At camp I will wear a little White River Knives "Knucklehead" neck knife. Great design and lots of cutting power in a small package:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2016
  14. Standsalone

Mnandi & Flyti63 :manganr:

[​IMG]

15. Vaporstang

Vaporstang Brigade Member Brigade Member

Interesting combo - nice!

16. C-Bear

Not much difference at all, actually could be argued that with the warranty it's better. I actually screwed up, in the description though, the third from the left is actually a serrated blade (from Amazon.) I personally just like the look of a saber grind over a full flat grind, but that is just me.

zogglet likes this.
  17. zogglet

My recently-scored ZT 0392BLKGRN again (and Matthew Martin Devilstator pen). :manganr:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike paranoid nutjob Brigade Member

Northfield #18 and Strider LD.

[​IMG]

19. Norvox

Norvox Little member

[​IMG]

20. test2oob

test2oob The Collector JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

[​IMG]