1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

What production knife are you carrying today?

seelow123 Jul 20, 2012

1. zogglet

zogglet Better than Nutella Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

Makes complete sense. I wish I had more uses for big knives in my life, haha.
    Wow, that knife is massive. I'm looking at my keyboard and picturing it right now. Damn.

2. Standsalone

Standsalone El Borinquen Balisong JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

That bowie is sweet , Ive read nothing but good things about it :thumbsup:

3. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Protagonist

Looks like they still make em.
    http://yhst-7333098713883.stores.yahoo.net/garamsp.html

[​IMG]

4. voimakas

voimakas JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I just started carrying a recently acquired ZT 0303 (thank you JD for the awesome deal). I thought I'd notice the size and weight more but the only time I notice it is when I try to put my hand in my pocket or if I open it. Nothing like that THUNK into place when the blade locks.

[​IMG]

5. Nebuchadnezzar

Zt's are good fun to play with.

This thread gives me a reason to cycle through knives that haven't had much pocket time recently. All too easy to fall into a rut.

[​IMG]

6. zogglet

ZT 0392 BEWBERZ and some tea I'm about to make.
    This one's serial number is only one off from that of my standard 0392. I did not even do that on purpose. :bwah:

[​IMG]

7. zogglet

That's exactly what I started doing! :bwah: I actually stop and think about this thread before deciding what to bring with me because it is indeed very easy to fall into a rut. I've been going through the same five or so for a while, but I'm going to try to make it more interesting. Plus, I'm forcing myself to carry some customs now, which I'm usually too iffy about carrying (not for this thread, though).

There isn't a ZT I can think of that I don't like.

8. Nebuchadnezzar

Nice pic of your BEWBERZ. :bwah:

A Kershaw Whirlwind was my first decent pocket knife. Had a soft spot in my heart for KAI ever since.

Will have to dig it out and carry it tomorrow.

9. Standsalone

Sportin a Chubby today :manganr:

[​IMG]

10. clocker1

clocker1 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Love my zt's. Got an 0801 couple days ago, got n lucky in that it is very smooth. I don't get where all the bad reviews come from on the 801.

11. Rhonda

Rhonda knife diva Lady Devil Brigade Member

Yes, larger knives are better to carry at times. Must admit, sometimes I do carry the BM 300 I bought here a while back. Honestly, it just depends on what I'm gonna be doing that day and if I'm going out into the world which means I'll be carrying pistol also, as for which knife I choose to carry. Most of the time, it's the PT Godson. Does just about everything I need an EDC to do.

12. OilMan

OilMan Jaded Brigade Member

[​IMG]

13. Standsalone

Keeping it light for the weekend :manganr:

[​IMG]

14. Standsalone

Going with the Sabenza today, funny story to the Spyders, my kid would always nag me about my knives so I gave her a ladybug, now she has a dragonfly too and shes supportive :bwah: well on her way to becoming my little knife girl. I'm like a drug pusher :bwah::bwah::bwah:

[​IMG]

15. zogglet

Daww. You're an epic dad. Even though you appear to be a Sabenza sheep. *ducks for incoming bricks* I never want to have kids, but if I did, they'd pop out holding Spyderco Crickets.

(I am getting a JD Sabenza myself; so for all I know, I might be baaaahing soon too. I don't know how that disease works.)

16. Standsalone

Yeah I didn't want to knock the Sabenza till I tried it and now its one of my favorites, Spyderco dominates my collection though I am a sucker for their blade styles. :bwah:

zogglet likes this.
  17. zogglet

Because why the hell not. I am just running to Wawa to get some energy drinks and ginger ale. And maybe an apple fritter. All the Specter gushing in other threads set me off.

[​IMG]

sam eib likes this.
  18. Nebuchadnezzar

Sebenza sheep?

That's a new one to me. They are great knives, but as in most higher end things, 80% of the cost is the last 20% of performance. Bang for buck Sebenzas are not where I would steer you, they are extremely well made out of top notch materials and the design is just about a perfect compromise between big enough but not too big. Whenever I carry one of mine I'm always looking for an apple to slice up.

As promised here is my old much abused Kershaw Whirlwind. Forgot how much fun the assisted openers can be. Still not a fan of the liner lock.
    [​IMG]

19. Standsalone

Just another Manix Monday :sunshining: woh-ooo-ohhhh

[​IMG]

20. zogglet

I haven't carried my standard ZT 0392 in a long time. Here it is with some pumpkin coffee from Wawa. Every time I look at it, I get flashbacks of sitting there in my apartment, F5ing all day on February 18 (I had actually taken the day off from work for that reason).

[​IMG]
    :jumping: