1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

What production knife are you carrying today?

seelow123 Jul 20, 2012

1. Balibuyer

Balibuyer JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Oh and today we got the Chaparral
    20200806_060546.jpg

2. Balibuyer

3. apacheII

apacheII Little member

I think its time to expand the collection with a real custom folder but thre are to much makers to choose from and some of them are really expensive.
    Do you guys have any advice what to look for that fits my collection i showed so far,and were to stay away from?

seandavid55, snache and Thanos74 like this.
  4. Thanos74

Thanos74 Hillbilly Deluxe JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Well, I only have one custom flipper, actually it's a front flipper, but the action is unparalleled by any knife I've ever owned of held. It's a TBC,(TBC = Trevor Burger Customs), EXK, (EXK = Excalibur) CFL, (CFL= Contoured Frame Lock), with a sheep's foot, m390, acid washed blade. Personally, I prefer a 3" blade or just under that, 2.87" or just over it, 3.2". The EXK is the smaller 3" version of Trevor's LEXK, (LEXK = Large Excalibur), which is 3.5" blade. They come with several different handle material options, and there are 4 types of the front flipper to choose from, there's the BASE model, which is a liner lock, with Carbon fiber, or Micarta handle scales on the front and back of the knife, that comes with an N690 blade steel, then there's the SFL = Slab Frame Lock, aptly named for its shaped slabs of Titanium handles, and m390 blade steel, then you have the PLUS model, which is again, a liner lock, Carbon Fiber scales, but with the addition of bolsters made from different materials such as C-tek, G10, fossilized mammoth tooth, and several other options, and lastly the CFL, which is what I have, with textured Titanium scales, but which also comes with a variety of show scale materials! All 4 models come in both sizes, the smaller EXK, or the larger LEXK, either way you cant go wrong! They are Awesome knives!
    Now, if front flippers aren't your thing, Trevor also makes a regular flipper called the ATLAS, and they come with all the previously afore mentioned handle materials.
    Those would be my suggestions! There are so many to chose from! Oh!!! Go check out Jamie Semion's work to! He makes the "Yeti" and the "Squatch." Since you like spyderco so much, he actually uses the spydie hole on his knives, with the permission of Spyderco! I recommend checking him out on Instagram.

Here's the action on my TBC EXK.....

http://imgur.com/a/rsm5XIW

Good luck on your quest!!!

5. Balibuyer

Damn that's a nice one right there.....I'm startin to dig front flippers

apacheII, Steve W and Thanos74 like this.
  6. Thanos74

I love mine! I picked up the production Shamwari, made by WE knife co. for Gareth Bull, and I absolutely love it! Here's the action on it....

http://imgur.com/a/7DNLFXh

And I recently pre-ordered the Gareth Bull/Drop colab production Miura from the Drop website. It too is a front flipper, as most of my folder collection is. Right now I'm out with my wife, she had a Dr.'s apt, and in my back pocket i have an Artisan Cutlery mini Centauri. The reason it's in my back pocket is it's so thin that I never even feel it back there. Since I don't leave the house without at least 3 knives on me, it's the perfect back pocket carry I've ever seen. I have the vg10 Damascus, with carbon fiber show scale. It also comes in s35vn, and a Micarta show scale. I prefer the front flipper because of the fact that you can deploy the blade in so many different ways, as fast as an automatic, plus there's the "fidget" factor. Theres no "pocket pecker" putting a hole it your pocket either! And they just look badass too.

Here's a shot of some of my Carbon Fiber clad knives, as well as some of my front flippers. I'm considering selling my CF Rep, but I'm on the fence about it. Whether or not we get that second stimulus is going to be a deciding factor on whether I do or not.

http://imgur.com/a/r5O9kPf

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    apacheII, Steve W and Balibuyer like this.
  7. Balibuyer

dayum.....those are quite nice sir

apacheII, Steve W and Thanos74 like this.
  8. Balibuyer

We'll see if this little fucker decides to come through my pants again.....little bastard lol
    20200811_112928.jpg

9. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

old faithful.jpg
    Old Faithful... Just put a new edge on my Olamic Wayfarer. Maybe not as good as a sebenza, but afaik, sebenzas dont flip open.

10. Balibuyer

Ye ole necker
    20200813_060959.jpg

11. snache

snache Average Member

Stealth mode today.

IMG_3162.jpg

12. GalaxyGrove

GalaxyGrove JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Balibuyer, Steve W, Thanos74 and 2 others like this.
  13. apacheII

apacheII Little member

Hi guys,sorry for the late reply and wil go deeper on the custom knife advice i got from you guys but its a little hectic to say the least.
    Got some new goody's to show soon.

snache, Balibuyer and Thanos74 like this.
  14. Thanos74

Ooooo!!! I like "new goody's!" :D

snache, Balibuyer and apacheII like this.
  15. apacheII

apacheII Little member

its not a custom yet but its something classy and shic and something old and extreme

snache and Thanos74 like this.
  16. apacheII

apacheII Little member

Kudo's for the one's who can guess wich knife this is.
    DSC_1535.JPG

17. Steve W

Steve W JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Felt a bit nostalgic, so I carried an old S&W that I got in the 80's yesterday
    [​IMG]
    and carrying this one today:
    [​IMG]

seandavid55, snache, Thanos74 and 4 others like this.
  18. apacheII

apacheII Little member

lets go with some neoclassic style today.

[​IMG]

And something more extreme tonight.
    DSC_1530.JPG

19. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Love the old school Benza

20. snache

snache Average Member

You rotate the scale to release the blade, weird or what.
    IMG_4905 - Copy.jpg IMG_4904 - Copy.jpg