1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

What makes you a "Knife Guy"

Blade HQ Aug 17, 2015

1. Blade HQ

Blade HQ BladeHQ Knife Maker or Craftsman

We here at Blade HQ are getting ready to celebrate National Knife day. We will be giving away Free t-shirts with every purchase. But in honor of you and National Knife Day, we want to know where you get your love of knives? What has made you a "Knife Guy"? We will be featuring your replies on our blog. So please, share with us and everyone else what has made you the "Knife Guy" you are today.

Elijah Duane likes this.
  2. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

A Massive Collection :D

3. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab Pakal I JDBA Official Member

My Victorinox Tinker made me a knife guy. It was a gift from my Dad for transitioning from a cub scout to a boy scout 25 or so years ago. Many knives followed but this was the first.
    [​IMG]
    :thumbsup:

Luis, blevinsknives and desmodus like this.
  4. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Having a job, being single & lots of extra money to spend on bright, sharp, shiny tools made me the "Knife Guy" I am today. :manganr: Now I'm retired on a fixed income who has a wonderful girlfriend who likes to visit restaurants & enjoys Chardonnay! :bwah:

5. voimakas

voimakas JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I honestly don't remember. I just remember having a pocket knife back in third grade and since then, I've always had at least one knife on me at all times. They're just so useful.

6. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

My Love of Knives makes me a Knife Guy!!:manganr::bwah::devilwag:

7. Toni

Toni JD Jeenius Lady Devil

The craftsmanship and amazing detail I've seen on sharp pointy things has made me a Knife Gal for life! :thumbsup:

Can't afford to buy what I drool over but just can't stop looking and dreaming! :manganr:

Luis and zogglet like this.
  8. apdallaround

I made the blog!!! I'm very proud to represent the JerzeeDevil!:thumbsup:

"Apdallaround with Jerzeedevil" - damn straight

Kelper and desmodus like this.
  9. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

I can't specifically pin it down.
    The Barlow I found in the dirt in fourth grade ?
    The hours I spent over the years pie hawking the Case display at the local hobby shop ?
    And over the years , " hours " may be a gross under estimation.
    Even as a Pup I knew there was something special about them , and that fascination has never left me.
    Today , one could argue that I have taken this fascination and carried it to the extreme.
    And it would fall on deaf ears.:thumbsup:

Uncle Cheech likes this.
  10. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Years working in construction requiring a decent knife daily, after learning buying a cheap knife is more expensive in the long run than buying a quality knife that will last. I don't think people realize this lesson, which can be said for about any and all products. Sure you can buy a cheaper product but what longevity is it going to provide, and with a knife cheaply made even of the base product last sometime how much maintenance will it require...how often will you need to sharpen, lubricate etc...and how durable and resistant to the elements is the materials it's made from. Comfort of carry and ease of use, deployment speed.......

The search for better tools to make my daily life easier made me a knife guy

11. zogglet

zogglet Better than Nutella Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

A combination of the triggering of what I think existed in my head my whole life (it probably intersects at some point with my techy lifestyle) by a very special person, and the fact that I had recently got an enormous raise.
    Keeping tabs on the knife world, my favorite makers, and the latest rumors is a huge part of my every day.

...also the fact that I spent five minutes deciding on what to EDC yesterday, yet forgot to bring my cell phone to work. :unintroduced:

Uncle Cheech and desmodus like this.
  12. voimakas

Where's the link for this? I'm looking and can't find it, sadly.

13. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

For the win ! :thumbsup::bwah::bwah::thumbsup:

14. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I've carried a knife since I can remember. :devilzeek

It started with a GI issue utility knife (that I STILL own, beat up as it is) and promptly escalated to Sabres, then Case XXs, (not to mention my excursion into XXX :madaddy:) and Bucks. My first expenditure out of BCT was a new Buck 112. I still have a soft spot for the Buck 110 and 112.

I spent the morning of my 7th birthday in the ER getting patched up from a "knife fight" with my little brother. He hit me in the lip with a butter knife and laid it open. The scar is still there under my 'stache!

Got into autos with some cheap Mexican switchblades, then graduated to MT and ProTechs. STILL LOVE them autos!

Tried my hand at making some knives, butt* kind of hard to make good looking knives without proper tools!

Now, I'm known as a knife guy. Recently a friend asked to borrow my knife. I asked "what makes you think I've got a knife?" He replied, "'cause you've got your pants on!"

He was right, so I loaned him my knife! :bwah:

Kelper and desmodus like this.
  15. apdallaround

http://www.getaknife.com

16. 131GIN

131GIN Little member

knife guy

I once bought a new knife every week for over a year straight. Since then it seems to have gotten worse only cause the good stuff is so pricy, an I like to carryt what I have........but now I see BQ is selling FRAGRANCE. Im a fragrance guy too, so I guess its time to order a new knife. THANKS BQ!!!!!!!!!!!

17. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

I always have at least one knife on me. I am the one people turn to when they need to cut something.

If I see a clip on a pocket or a pouch on a belt, I have to ask what knife it it, then I show them mine whether they want to see it or not. I'm usually disappointed at their reaction to my "much better" knife.

I tell myself, OK, I don't need to buy another knife for a while. I. Guess a "while" is about a week....

I will spend $100 on a knife without blinking. I will spend $700 on a knife without blinking.

sickboy

sgt Merrey likes this.
  18. apdallaround

had a rough day troubleshooting a resusitation system and lacking gas alarm. wheres the leak yo?
    [​IMG]

very happy to get home to find an awesome t-shirt! thanks bladehq!!! you made my knife day with the badass shirt.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
    Kelper likes this.
  19. voimakas

Thanks for the shirt! Definitely a good way to end a shitty Monday.

20. zogglet

zogglet Better than Nutella Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

I'm pissed that I missed it; I didn't even get to check up on much non-work stuff online yesterday because I was spending the entire day frantically pulling stuff together for a presentation. Argh. Next time.

crogers likes this.