1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

What knife would you carry in the zombie apocalypse? (Fingers crossed, lol

rock3r4life Oct 4, 2021

?

What's your BACKUP z killer?

1. Fixed blade

2. Balisong

3. Lightsaber

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. rock3r4life

rock3r4life Sir shtablington

I LOVE, basically all my Bali's, used em for camping a few times and everything from box opening (duh) probably more Bali's:stu: to prying open my watch (wasn't me, my jackass dad potentially blunted my expensive blade)

That said, I can't decide if, in reality, love should win out when the shit hits the fan (and/or brains)

You must also consider is the effect on other potential survivors, like they might respect/fear you more cuz you are proficient with a butterfly.

So whats is gonna be then, eh? Obviously you might also carry a machete or, like me, a kickass katana (but can't leave the "pocket" knife behind).

...if I was only religious, I would pray for the zombies.

PS not a bayonet. Not a gun oriented question, think stealth here (yeah yeah silencers exist but are rare for most ppl)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021 at 8:18 PM
  2. Samb

Samb Huge Member

A knife that fits over the barrel of a rifle.

3. rock3r4life

Not including bayonets, like imagine you set down/lost you firearm, and a zed just popped out of nowhere or something.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  4. xeodguy

xeodguy Little member

If it had to be pocketable, I would go with something like an Emerson Jupiter Commander: big blade for cutting, big handle for striking, recurve edge for longer cutting length than a straight edge. It wouldn't be my first choice for an apocalypse blade - katana, machete, kukri come to mind as reasonable EDC for that - but if I had to have something in my pocket, that's the first one that comes to mind.

rock3r4life likes this.
  5. Samb

Samb Huge Member

Probably something cheap from Walmart.

6. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

Civilian or Espada XL Aluminum.

rock3r4life likes this.
  7. rock3r4life

Cheapness comes in handy when the use is just a frivolous chore, but wouldn't you want something with a bit more hypothetical reliability? I.E something made of, 154cm, elmax, etc etc and by a brand that is worth a damn.

snache likes this.
  8. Samb

Samb Huge Member

If the zombies were here a knife would be the last thing I would worry about. I'd be worrying about how I would carry all my ammo, and beer!

droid and snache like this.
  9. snache

I think Z Nation has it right.

droid likes this.
  10. Samb

Samb Huge Member

All of my user knives are cheap, wouldn't want the zombie goo on my good knives. I'm thinking ball bat if just a few and the AR or Glock if there are a bunch of em.

11. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

right off the topI grab my cold steel shovel..Design after WW1 german shovel ,,heavy gauge steel with a razor sharp blade ,,The thing is deadly ,,Germans used it like an ax durning hand to hand combat .:lightsaber:

second is my D handle Nepolonotic era saber ,, this to is deadly ,,it'd more of a slice and dicer and it needs a good sharping ,,I used it for trimming a pine tree in the spring ,,yes I used a 150 plus year old sword to shape a pine tree :badidea:

Te last is my future pike made by Hellizin Here on JD I still got to get a pole for it and get her done ,,
    but all and and all ,,no ammo ,, I have these toys of self perseveration below pictured . I also can make traps much like the one from Nam useing ropes and sticks I learned from my father who job was go in a area and find and defuse such evil traps :skullav: while he was in Nam

Attached Files:

rock3r4life and snache like this.
  12. rock3r4life

:goodpost: Congratulations, kickass post that really grasps the depth of the question.
    Also, that's a wicked shovel; would not have considered a shovel before seeing that, but that really combines at least 3 things in one: sliciness, shoveliness, and macheteness.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021 at 8:20 PM
  13. rock3r4life

So, Snake, what's it gonna be once your handgun runs outta ammo? AND you just smoked your last spirit.
    :feedback:

14. snache

Actually I realized my earlier response listing the knives was more for the living, hence my response that Z Nation had it right along with begreen61. Running out of ammo maybe, never Z Weed.