1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

What is your holy grail of a folder?

RNST Jan 4, 2008

1. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

The above was an exchange over PMs.

I make no claims regarding knowing it's a 1 of 10. I think it must be a custom job, and I think there can't be that many exactly like it. There are Devilz that will know, but one of those Devilz ain't me. It was just a guess.

Carry on.

obi

2. MiG Angel

MiG Angel vodka + insane

Still
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RNST likes this.
  3. dukearl

dukearl Huge member

Hi

Really nice Pics! Do you own any of them?

Here is my best folder.. well it's also an Auto...

I talked to Mathew about the knife,,, it's reall one of a kind in Material and has the best South Sea Gold Pearl I have ever seen.

South Sea Gold Pearl is very nice as you can see... and the diamond gives it that extra spark.:devilzeek

4. MiG Angel

MiG Angel vodka + insane

I have a Fischer Classic on order that will have a similar look to the one pictured.

Those pictures are from various forums and members.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2010
  5. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike paranoid nutjob Brigade Member

I own a Grail ... And carry/use it

[YouTube]Vbuz40nFZLw[/YouTube]

6. d762nato

d762nato Huge member

Solidsoldier that Demko is one Badass folder and a big one at that. I like the way you opened it right out of the pocket. Very Cool!!! :devilzeek

7. firebolt

firebolt Hollandse Duivel Brigade Member

one down... 3 to go

:devil1:
    not my picture
    White wolf / brend auto's

8. freecompanier

freecompanier Little member

Holy Grail of a folder-

A vintage SOG Sogwinder II converted to automatic...

9. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Off the reservation

New grails! :devil1:

RJ Martin Q36 in CF
    RJ Martin Rampage BTF
    Marlowe Bulldog in Ti/CF
    Rexford Epicenter in fluted Ti

10. cutter17

cutter17 Enormous member

Two recent folders I have seen have gotten me hungry for them. One is from our very own Dustin Turpin, and is the double edged Repentance. Man, that knife is simply awesome. The lines are fantastic and I love everything I have seen about it. The second one is also a new model and is from JW Smith. It is a tactical folder called the SD-3 Extreme. His SD-2 is a very nice folder with a 4.0" blade, but this new one takes it up a notch with a 4.5" blade and over 10.0" in length. I love it!!

11. bhauer

bhauer Little member

My Holy Grail. Will be here monday!!!!!!!

The Don Hanson Ive been waiting for forever!!!!
    Its on its way!!!!!
    :devilzeek hanson knife.jpg

hanson knife 3.jpg

hanson knife 4.jpg

OilMan likes this.
  12. Big Bad Mike

Big Bad Mike Big Bad Member

13. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

Wowsers, who made that one?

Bit too much damascus for my taste but still nicely finished.

14. griff

griff Huge member

Nice folder

15. MiG Angel

MiG Angel vodka + insane

RNST, I know you like mammoth bark, but I prefer some nice pearl. When I ordered my Classic (That's the name of it) I asked Mr. Todd Fischer to make me one with pearl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is a very nice knife with a good weight to it. The backspacer is titanium and covers the entire spine. It is also file worked and so is the thumb rest on the spine of the blade, making the knife look like it is one piece from the butt of the handle spine all the way to the blade. It has some other nice touches like the pearl inlaid thumb stud that only goes through one side without showing on the other, hidden bolster screws, and jeweled liners. I also asked Todd to make my damascus a little more silvery over the darker mammoth damascus on the Classic you see in the above posts. He is very easy to talk to and answers the phone, if he doesn't, he calls back. One of the best experiences I've had with a knife maker and the knife is simply stunning.

I've been fortunate to handle some of the grails I've posted above. I owned a Tom Mayo Dr. Death with a damascus blade. I'm happy to say that it was very nice, smooth, big, and light. I did sell it off though and sometimes miss it. Another I got to handle was the Marlowe prototype flipper. I am very thankful to have met the owner and he let me handle it. Very smooth and the most ergonomic handle I've ever had the pleasure to wrap my fingers around. The way Charles contoured the handle is just perfect and the size and curves not only look great but felt awesome, I've never felt a handle like that. The knife wasn't perfect though, in front of you the blade has a more pronounced hump on the spine and the recurve could have been done more tastefully. The knife is still fantastic looking however.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
  16. RiverRat

RiverRat Little member

Lucky Me

My grail folder is a Bob Dozier Pro Skinner in Mammoth ivory. I've wanted one even before I had one of his fixed blades. A few months ago I was able to get it. With a nice leather pouch to boot! She's my fourth Dozier folder and like the others a fantastic user.

Great thread.

17. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Right now my Holy Grail is this custom folder being 'built' by Frank Niro...

[​IMG]

18. LorenzoL

LorenzoL Rampaging Devil

A Michael Walker with D-lock.

19. kriegbubby

kriegbubby Little member

grail knive

A Rick Hinderer XM-18 3.5 non flipper

20. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

Time for a 2015 ReBoot !

Well, this Grail rides with me a lot :D