1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

What is this knife? A.C. Michaels?

Dustygmt May 31, 2018

1. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

Does anybody have any info on this? As you can see the sheath says AC Michaels so I'm assuming that is the maker. Anybody familiar with this work? really nice quality knife it seems.

If this is posted in the wrong place feel free to move to a more appropriate section.

Any info on this would be great. Thanks devils. IMG_20180531_182339.jpg IMG_20180531_182316.jpg

2. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fire and Blood JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

From
    SharpByCoop

I'd be willing to wager 'AC Michaels' is a psuedonym for an overseas knife-making workshop and they are producing VERY inexpensive damascus/fileworked pieces. They are all over eBay and go for far less than a renowned makers.

A good start into handmade knives, but not in an upper level.

If I am wrong, I stand corrected.

Coop

Dustygmt likes this.
  3. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

Thanks, that could very well be the case. I'd still like to find out though, the guy it came from is a bit of a quality nut and cheap overseas crapola is not really part of his program but maybe one slipped through, Idk.

4. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fire and Blood JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

It's over on the blue forum, but I agree with what they say over there. It basically looks like some talented people are making knives with the materials they have available. The craftsman ship is there but the materials used maybe not.