1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

What is better than Windows Movie Maker?

MTXCraze Sep 2, 2013

1. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

So Plain and simple i Bought a new Video Cam (Sony CX380, nothing crazy) In the past i did all my editing through windows movie maker and i think its time to upgrade a little. let it be known im no pro.

Id like something somewhat user friendly, but im not a complete idiot when it comes to computers. I also don't want to spend 50+ bucks on software. $20-40 rage would be nice.

This software would be for editing family video and Footage of me bali flipping now and then so i don't need anything crazy, im not making a feature length film here :manganr:

Thanks for the help Devils! :thumbsup:

2. 100eyes

100eyes Huge member

3. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

It would be a shame to invest any time in a program of this nature if you chose poorly.

I would suggest going with one used by many of those making movies more elaborate than you see yourself making now.

Someone makes a program called Smoke they were giving away a while back (what does this program do again?). Final cut pro is nice, but I have done most of my stuff with Adobe Premier. I was using that on a PC for a long time. Now that I have jumped ship to a Mac, I downloaded Smoke but never really tried it(Why? Does it even edit video?). Instead uninstalled it planning to get Final Cut. Then I found out how pricey it was. Maybe Smoke is not even a program.

Instead, I have been trying my hand at this:

http://www.lwks.com/

Either you will really enjoy the process and WANT/NEED to have a powerful computer with the right software...or you will bore of this video editing thing quickly and this whole discussion will be irrelevant.

I can get Premier through work (just checked because of your thread), so I might go that route after all. Lightworks has been pretty straightforward in the little fiddling I have done thus far.

If you really just want to cut clips together, and you already have WMM...that is actually not so bad.

obi

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
  4. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

Don't waste time bro WMM is fine :ropeman:

5. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

What i was thinking, I guess I just needed to hear it from someone else

Thanks for help :manganr:

6. TKD

TKD purveyor of poon

What's wrong with Windows Movie Maker? I use it all the time to edit my um "videos" It's great!! Sometimes it's the content not the editing.

7. AradOnRadar

AradOnRadar Huge member

Final cut. Hands down.

8. AradOnRadar

AradOnRadar Huge member

and if its too expensive for you....:madaddy:

:piratedoubleshoot::crossbone:pirate_flag1::yarr::pirateup::pirateshooter::piratearrr::ph34r::skullnbones::pirate:

MTXCraze likes this.
  9. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

Final cut here also. A slightly older version is better imo.

sickboy

10. clocker1

clocker1 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Premier and After Effects ftw!