1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

What Bali have you beat to shit. Or What Bali has owned you!

Ronin0821 May 16, 2014

1. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Does anyone even read this babble anymore?:unintroduced::ross:

PS-RagE and WyldStyl3 like this.
  2. Casey

Casey JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I can appreciate this, but I always bring guns to gun fights; and I choose to work and live only in places that allow me to do so. I would never pay taxes to a city or state that won't allow me to protect myself and my wife properly.

Having said that, there are a lot of places where carrying a knife is your only option and for many people, leaving those places isn't a choice that's on the table...In which case, carry several.:helix:

3. amen74

amen74 Down For Life

I'll give it a try, really hard. Hope I don't blow a vessel. That would hurt! :devilzeek

4. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

Well...if your only option is to carry a knife then you are obviously abiding by the laws that the people intending to harm you have ignored...

Thinking that a knife is a viable self-defense option is not prudent unless you're in HS, or a bar, and then maybe not so much.

You have to meet or exceed force, knife vs gun..bad odds....knife vs fists..much better. I hope those carrying only knives meet home invaders and car jackers armed with fists and long nails only.....

5. Casey

100% agree.:thumbsup:

6. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I have to do what I have to do I am being honest you come at me with fists the knives stay away. I can at least take a few at a time I know that. Anything else then they come out theres nothimg I can do I need to be protected my balis are not weapons. I just practice whem I can at work my autos and otfs are for the scumbags. No matter what I can not leave without them. I had two bad run ins with no knives real bad situations and now with a child I have to make it home. 4 knives one for work a bali for practice and if have to all for defence look up Jamaica Quuens Springfield Gardens and far rockaway. Its just that bad and two of the knives are small kershaw flippers its not like I have fixed blades a foot long all arouND me. Just basic knives with my Protech Dark Angel and one other bad ass others for work I mean whats the difference 2 knives or 4 now its 5 after I send paypal for a talon neck knife.

7. Ronin0821

I live in a beautiful neighborhood by the water in Jersey but travel to New York because thats the union im in and the money I make you would do the same for it.

8. Casey

No money is worth walking around without atleast a gun; to me anyway. You don't know me, don't assume you make so much more than I do that I would drop the most basic personal freedoms and protections to be in your shoes.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
    Andy T likes this.
  9. Ronin0821

I dont mean anything towards the money I make but 2 comapnies I draw and survey for both 200$ a hour its woth it. But you are also right thats why I have been asking how to make a site so I cam start a custom/ production knife shop which I hope to have going in a year. I have a few custom guys on board already so hopefully that goes good and I can do that. Something that makes me happy and im closer to my family.

10. Andy T

Well...here's the rub....you have already mentioned hiding your Bali purchases from your wife...what's going to happen when you use them to fight off home invaders or ninjas...she's gonna find out...

11. Ronin0821

Nope she understands my passion now. I am also opening a site and selling knives soon custom and productions. I want to do that it will make me happy. I hope you guys will support me. I will have at a time some nice knives and I am really going to start selling knives I am constructing and paying a guy to make me a site and start getting a hold of a few companies to buy their knives some customs and I hope JD will support me on my adventure of becoming a knife dealer.

12. Andy T

Well, as long as your ol' lady is cool with it then it should be good. How much $$$ does your ol' lady knock down a year, for you to be sweatin' it when you pull $200 an hour?! That's like $416,000 a year! She HAS to be killing it if you are hiding Bali buys from her! Well, not anymore....

How do you go from buying Balis on payment plans to selling customs?:unintroduced:

13. Casey

I didn't think you could even own balis in jersey, let alone carry or sell them...

14. Ronin0821

It just got to her for awhile but she understands my passion and my one Jon I do on the side and they have 30 days to pay me and my normal job is every week. So we also just got a house car child takes a lot of cash you know and it's not about the money. I was just explaining stuff I waste to much to.

I have been wanting to do something that I love and that's knives. Payments I have not done in a while except the fly father from bladehq. That's because I just bought the tach 2 a mayhem a Arc Angel a talon neck knife oils and lubes. Like I said I spend a lot and had a drug habit that is going away now so there's the truth ok. I'm just looking for support on my quest to becoming a knife dealer that's all and I hope people can change how they think about me and as people done for me I will be a dealer that will do payments and help people. As some did for me I would like the support from JD. As of now I am working on a site and I possibly have two knife makers willing to produce customs to me it's just talking to other companies on getting their product.im hoping to have a site up soon and just start selling and see where it goes. This is not about money it's about doing something I love.

15. Andy T

Hope things go as you wish them too Tim.

16. Ronin0821

I can have them at my home and have a site and sell them through there. It will work or it will fail but I have to try. It's in my heart it's like a passion that is burning inside. I'm not jerking no one's chain but if I have knives and list them I think you guys will buy them. Especially if I can do it at a reasonable price. For my fellow JD guys. I hope it works for real it would be the first thing I put it all into. If you want to call me and talk about it my number is 732-513-0310 all help and info will be appreciated and paid back in full.

17. Casey

I hope it works out for you, Tim, I really do.

You just have to keep in mind that we all shop HARD for these things. You'll have to work hard to keep people from buying from larger more established shops that have been around this forum forever who already have stellar customer service and competitive prices.

I don't think anyone is doubting whether you have the heart for this kind of endeavor. But starting a business can ruin your life for a long time before you make a dime. Years. And you may never make that dime. It might take every penny you ever make and put you in debt up to your ears.

If you dump enough money into it, and you keep up with market prices and customer service, you should be good.:thumbsup:

18. Coconutfilipino

Coconutfilipino JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

If you are gonna pay someone to do your site, then please hire two more people:

-one to write the knife descriptions
    And
    -one to hit return.

I hope it works as you plan also, Tim.
    Good luck on it!

19. BladeVega333

BladeVega333 Enormous member My Ass is on Probation

Tach 2 tanto and spyderfly hands down have beat the shit out of me, left me with stitches. The build of the spyderfly makes it an awkard flipper, the weight of it with the SS handles makes this a more harder knife to manipulate thus more accidents and harder cuts. The tach 2 is blocky and also a bit strange to grip so this also makes it prone to bad flipping and more cuts.

20. jamex

jamex Organic Polygraph JDBA Official Member

I'll offer one final derail and let the thread continue back on topic.

Tim, it's sounds like you're carrying knives so that no matter what you can come home to your family. Do you think if you stab a bunch of thugs even in self defense, that you'll be free to go home like nothing ever happened? Maybe instead of carrying knives you could just print out a couple of your replies from this forum and carry them with you. Anyone fucks with you in the city you just whip that shit out and ask them to read it and I'm pretty sure they'll want to shoot themselves in the head after the first few sentences. :devilwag:

Bill T and MTXCraze like this.