1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

What Bali have you beat to shit. Or What Bali has owned you!

Ronin0821 May 16, 2014

1. nuts4knives

nuts4knives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Sorry, this may be one for the stupid question thread but did any AB's come with a clip? I don't remember ever seeing one. This one looks stock so if not they did a very good job on it.

2. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

No none

3. metlman

metlman JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

What Bali have you beat to shit.

I mostly edc one of several 29 custom bali's, and an Infidel (yes two knives are often carried).
    Nothing gets beat to shit.
    If a screwdriver, pry-bar or hammer is needed, that is selected for the job.
    Not saying the bali's don't get used--rather they just get used properly.

After years of restoring knives, I have seen hundreds of abused knives which would make a collectors heart break.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2014
    PS-RagE likes this.
  4. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

:yeahthat:

5. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

If we're talking destruction, or using a tool as much as you can with some eventual damage. Then I will say I've beat some CCC's to pieces and loved every minuet of it. Kept all the pieces just in case I could resurrect them someday. Need to get another Bear & Sons 114 bowie to edc so I can leave the Bm 42 at home. I hate dropping it on concrete (which I do) or using it for nasty projects even though it's my beater flipper.

6. Ronin0821

Yea I here you I like using them properly also. It is a heart breaker to see them mistreated. I carry a lot on me daily 3-5 a mixture and when my Bali hits the ground other than my 51 I examine it as if I brought it to the doctors. I hate that try to show off and all goes wrong. I here that what you guys are saying especially if I was carrying any of the 29 knives as edc.

7. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

x3 :thumbsup:

I always keep tools in the car. Never know when you might need them.

8. Mack22

Mack22 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Never know when you're going to perform an emergency pimp job ey. Haha.

Dr. Wylde. "Qucik.. get the anodizer! *Clear!* *Bzzzz*

or do you perfer, Pimp Daddy Wylde.

9. InnovativeRise

InnovativeRise Enormous member

51 was my bitch. I miss it :'(

10. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

You never know when you're gonna be somewhere and you're gonna have to wait. Might as well make something out of titanium to pass the time while they replace your tires or you get your hair did.

11. necker

necker JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I just got my first Bali and I plan on beating i to shit and I know it will own me in the process. It's an Mtech.

12. jack10685

jack10685 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

tach2, 42, and Arc Angel all own my ass, especially the damn tach2 (MT makes some sharp ass blades), but my beaters would be my 51 or kimura (sometimes I'll edc my AA, 42, or Tach2, aka pull it out and flip in like a parking or my car if I'm bored)

13. ScissorHands

ScissorHands Average member

I use my BM51 every day alongside my Atlantic Salt SE.

I use my SE for hoses and cutting through rusted gnarly ropes,
    and my 51 for everything else, from apples to tiki masks and letter opening.

I'm not going to lie there are days where I look at the knife and say, "I wonder if..." **the most dangerous words an adolescent could ever say with an object in their hands** and then do some stupid thing like put it through sheet metal at the dump o-o

But I try to avoid abusing anything that cost me 200$ And make sure it get properly oiled up and sharpened you know the general up keep for balis.

I do think it's funny however when I beat on my 51 and my friends just gawk at me because they would never carry anything that cost them more than a pile of soggy waffles from a gas station.

14. Ronin0821

Yea I here you I don't like the 51 because I'm not a fan of g10 so I am beating the shit out of her until she sent to MC for Ti handles. The thing with me is I carry 4 knives daily bad neighborhoods I work in and I do not like to use any of them except the 51 others are for defense lol. So I here you my 51 is dull so not to much cutting. I just used my Dark Angel just to open a box with stuff on it and forgot it's DE and cut my other finger lol but I got a little crud on it and did not like it lol.

15. jamex

jamex Organic Polygraph JDBA Official Member

Do you have 2 extra arms so you can quad wield those 4 knives you carry daily? Fumbling around as you pull out multiple knives sounds like a great way to get shot. Or do you just wear them in public view as tough guy jewellery in hopes that would-be thugs stay clear?

42flipper likes this.
  16. 42flipper

42flipper JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I have always beat the crap out of every knife I've owned... Don't think that qualifies as abuse, I just use them as I need them... It may be weird to some, but if I can get 4 years out of a 400$ knife... One hundo a year sounds like a good deal to me....

17. wcjohn

wcjohn Sum Quod Sum JDBA Official Member

I've beaten the shit outta a 32, 42, 43, 62, & pAB and they've all owned me at some point.

I had a SS BB for a while that scare the piss outta me to flip. Heavy, razor, and pointy as fuck. Every time I'd pick it up I'd picture it slipping out of my hands, going straight through my foot, and imbedding into the floor.

18. Ronin0821

I feel the same way about my Matt Cook custom scares me sometimes but getting use to her. I went against what I said about the tach and just received my tach 2 black block spacers from bladhq. I feel that it's going to own me. I didn't know the wight and the size was like this I have been busy and now ready to own her let's see how that works lol. But I have to say I take back what I have said about this knife it's a little square the handles but I think she is going to flip great what a knife.

19. Ronin0821

I know you don't like me to much but honestly if I had a gun I would carry it where I work. I'm a decent size guy and can fight but where I work is on the news everyday about people getting killed I carry 4 knives daily at work and two at home because I have a beautiful wife and daughter and know one will touch them. But let's be friends for a second these guys out where I work travel in pack I want to be able to pull out my otf and put it through one or all the Bali is back up and my auto and flipper is for if I ever hit the ground because it's no joke where I work no joke for real. I know ow you might not like me but it's needed for real they won't think twice neither will I the butterfly knife I bring is to practice at work when I have time the rest are for defense or to do what I need to do so please understand I do not look for problems but if there is a problem I am ready I am also buying the neck knife like the ones KZ are selling get the go around my neck so it will be 5 starting this week. You might think it is stupid but I have seen bad things and I rather not be another statistic from some savage. I mean no harm to anyone but if your looking for it I'm ready I also travel with 20,000 in equipment. So it makes sense to me.

20. Ronin0821

I know you don't like me but if I showed you where I work you would understand. I also have a family that needs me to come home everyday. I will not be taken out by some piece of shit that wants my last 20 that's why I carry all my knives at least 4 Plus this neck knife I am buying which will be 5. I will do what it takes to get out of that shit hole everyday and get to my family. This is one thread I started and would not like to be ruined by arguing I understand everythimg I say I am atta k3d about and ypu all think I a, a retart. But either way I am NOT looking for problems but I am ready for any type of problems. I have seen people get robbed shot stabbed car stolen lit on fire right on my job these people where I work do not care so I just want to be ready for what ever will happen. Can you not hate everything I say on this forum. Also understand my family needs me to come home everyday wife is not doing so great havimg some health problem's and I have a young daughter that needs her father. So I will carry what I need to take on 3-5 guys at a time no matter what. I have respect foe you have some for me. Ill take pictures and you tell me what you think.