1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

What are your plans for the New Year? Personal Goals? Resolutions? Etc

Stu Dec 26, 2017

1. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

You try CBD oil? It helps my depression / anxiety.

begreen61 and desmodus like this.
  2. Stu

Stu Windswept & Interesting Devil Brigade Member

A few more developments. I did alot of thinking whilst on my holiday in Mallorca, had to take it easy the first week as I hurt my back the week before I went, and was in agony. Apparently, conditions like depression etc can manifest themselves in physical injuries, too.

I got home, and on my second day back at work, came to the conclusion that listening to people moan all day IS getting me down. Then I said something shocking to myself, and later Colleague Support, and my boss.

I said. I DON'T FEEL LIKE I HAVE ANY JOB SATISFACTION.

They were both horrified and after a long chat with wonderful Alicia in Colleague Support, she arranged a Counsellor for me to chat to to help me deal with the down n dark feelings. My 1st appointment is Thursday.

If I'm honest, I struggled ALL week but thought I'd covered my tracks quite well, but at 5.00pm on Friday, my two line Managers called me into the office and said that as I was clearly unhappy, and the job just wasn't for me, they were letting me go.

At this point, i was tearfully begging them not to make me leave, but my boss said he was worried I was going to become unwell and was concerned that any progress I made with my counsellor would be undone if I got a difficult call.

So, I left. But on Saturday I emailed 8 senior officers of the company, thanking them for my time there and saying how devastated I was to be leaving. I hate working in Customer service but would welcome a move to another area of the business.

The owner of the company emailed me back wishing me well in the next chapter of my life, and 30 mins later I got a text from a director who's currently dealing with the Chairmans emails (2IC of the company!) asking if I could call him. I did and he's asked me in for a chat tomorrow to "see where we go from here".

I'm not getting my hopes up, but as they know how badly I want to stay with the firm (albeit in another role), I'm sure he's not so cruel as to drag me in just to say Goodbye and Good luck.

Fingers crossed, eh?

desmodus and Kelper like this.
  3. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Sounds like it could well be a better path that you didn't expect.

Kelper likes this.
  4. Stu

On Wednesday morning I had a missed call on my mobile phone, then I got a text asking me to phone him and it was the Manager of Installations Dept. They liase with third part installers and the stores and follow up to check that customers are happy with the kit that's been installed.
    Well,,,,,,,,,,,his "assistant", Dani, is expecting a baby so goes off on maternity leave in a week or so and he needs to cover her, so he's offered the role to me. It might only be 2-3 days a week, but I can get some extra hours from another dept by doing some test calls on the stores and, so long as I show willing, I'm sure they'll help me out wherever they can.

I went to speak to the Counsellor that they arranged for me on Thursday night (she's distractingly attractive!) and she was horrified to hear that I'd been effectively fired for being ill (stress or depression) and said they must've acknowledged the illness as they arranged her counselling session.
    We talked over a few things and agreed that the most negative influence on me was that particular role and we both think I'll flourish in the other dept.

5. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Stu, good luck to you hope it all works out. I hear UK life is rather hard now compared to 20 years ago. Hang in there if you can..maybe the lady will decide to be a stay at home mum..

6. Stu

Started my trial on the Monday and after one day, He said the jobs mine as he was so impressed at how quickly I'd taken to it, my phone manner and volume of calls.
    Danni is lovely too and relieved to handover to some one decent, it turns out her hubby and I were co-workers years ago so I've gained (or re-established contact with) a new buddy, too.
    She's off til at least May2019 and if she comes back I know they'll find me something or maybe well be so busy with the coming Smart things and home automation that's expected to take off in next 12 months that they'll keep us both.
    Whilst it's sunny, and my nephews on school hols, I'm just gonna enjoy having 3-4 days a week off and will work any extra days they need me. I worked 3 days last week and 4 this week.

Things worked out in the end.

Kelper and desmodus like this.
  7. Stu

Well, so far, Ive had at least one days extra work EVERY week and, after checking the figures, have realized that IF I only work 4 days I'm still earning more than I did at my last firm where I worked 5 days a week for 7 years and was humping bloody washing machines, and fridge freezers around.

We're shutting the office at 3.00pm on Friday to give us time to get into Manchester as the owner of the firm is in a band, and we're going to watch him at a gig in a record store. As well as us getting paid til 5.00pm, and our travel costs paid, he's also very generously giving everyone who attends £20 to get a drink and/or bite to eat after.
    There'll be about 80 of us and they're paying for a buffet and soft drinks for us, too. (I went to the bank with the HR Directors assistant to get the £2000 that we'll get the £20 payouts from along with other expenses)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    seandavid55, Kelper and desmodus like this.
  8. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

That sounds like a very nice gig.

seandavid55 and Kelper like this.
  9. Kelper

Glad it's going well Stu, but how many pints do you get for 20 quid these day's. ? I forgot what an English buffet looks like..but if Pork Pie is on it... i can pm my address for a doggie bag..

seandavid55 likes this.
  10. Stu

Well, MY favourite local pub (The Hare and Hounds, Werneth Low) charges £5.10 a pint, so City Centre Manchester won't be any cheaper than that. I'm driving anyway, so would only drink 2 pints and one of those will most likely be a shandy.
    Hmmm, pork pies are good. MY favourite ones are from German supermarket ALDI. I think they're called Crisp Bake Pork Pies if you have Aldi in the US of A?

Kelper likes this.
  11. Kelper

Stu, I haf no idea a pint was that much now.. Used to be about 1.20 or 30 back then. I do have Aldi just a few minutes walk but nothing that resembles a pork pie. .there's supposed to be another store coming sometime its in another town.. I did go found Bisto, Custard and Mushy peas.. Tunnock biscuits. .abd Ambrosia Rice Pudding.. Feeling very disappointed but at least I found Ahh, Bisto.. One supermarket has Ribena.. Good for a cold but no Lucozade ughh.

Adding I found Branston Pickle what a treat

Mint Areo bars also I bought 1 and a Turkish Delight..

The new store is Publix...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  12. Stu

Sounds like you found some greats. LOVE Bisto, hate mushy peas.
    Tunnocks, now you're talking. Their Caramel Wafers are amazing. I like Ribena but have it really weak or it makes me sick. MY cordial of choice is Robinsons Orange or my real fave, Vimto!

Shame about the pork pies. Aldi is a great supermarket, much cheaper than Asda.

Kelper likes this.
  13. Kelper

They have Vimto here in one or two places in the International Aisle. One of my British ladies has a daughter that comes over regulary so I scored Birds Custard Powder and six mince pies.. and a mini xmas pud. I do miss Xmas pud and cake though.. I may have to borrow a friends kitchen this year..Generally, I like the food here especially a buffett as I choose my plate to be more English orientated. I may have to check and see what Amazon sell. Roses chocs would be nice lol. Orange squash haven't seen that anywhere and I don't see anything equivalent to that. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed a Cheese and Pickle Sarny..

14. Stu

We have bottles of Vimto in both kitchens at work and I have bottles of Robinsons Orange squash and Lemon Barley on my desk.

Kelper likes this.
  15. Stu

My brother in law had numbness and pain down his left side today so of course went to hospital and it turns out hes had a ministroke.

He's got high blood pressure and hasn't been taking the meds plus he smokes and drinks quite heavily - we don't really get on but I don't wish him ill and I adore my nephew.

Took my sis and the little lad to hospital and it was traumatic for them all, but he seems comfortable so my sister and nephew came home about 9.00 and got a favourite takeaway.

At about 11.45pm the landline rang and I saw missed calls and texts on my phone and initially I thought "Oh god, hes died in hospital"
    But, nearly as tragically,(if that doesn't sound too awful) my sister was calling to say their dog, Billie, had just died.
    She's been off colour for a week and not able to walk terribly well, and tonight she just fell asleep.
    I Drove to my sister's and of course after such a traumatic day, she's devastated, my nephew was asleep and I said not to wake him and suggested he have a last stroke of the dog tomorrow before they bury her.
    I've told my sister to stress that she just fell asleep, as apart from goldfish this will be my nephews first experience of death.
    Sat with her for a good while and suggested she get some sleep, and I'll be sleeping myself in a mo ready for the delightful day tomorrow of a crying sister, mum and nephew.
    I can do my days at work any days so think I might need to take tomorrow off to be around for my family, and most importantly, the little lad.

Just when things are going well, eh?

7.00am the next day. Just had Luke on the phone crying, hes patted Billie, their dog one last time and I suspect I'll help bury her later. Told him about the Rainbow Bridge and that, although she misses him, she'll be happy now and not poorly anymore. Think I'll take him out for a McDonald's lunch to try and cheer him up then a walk in the park to chat about everything. He's been very brave and taken the news well.

16. Stu

I'm SO proud of how well Luke has got through this and it broke my heart to see the drawing he'd done to bury with her. I told him it was too nice to lose and we should keep it to remember dear old Billie, but we agreed that IF you spend all your time thinking of sad things, you'll,have a sad life, and he's surrounded by folks who want him to be a happy chappy. Screenshot_20180901-010946.jpg

17. Kelper

Awesome stuff Stu.. Kids deal with things much better than adults.. You done the family proud.

18. Stu

It turns out that asshole brother- in-law doesn't wanna come home to his wife and son but rather go home to his interfering overbearing parents to recuperate. Fair enough, at least my sister won't have to be his carer, even though my nephew is heartbroken - coz he really doesn't know what a dick his Dad is, and can't understand why he won't come home to his family.
    The prick has cancelled the bank card so my sister is running short of money, so I've told her to "cowboy the fuck up" & get ready to take him and his mutant family to the cleaners. I've told her I'm not putting up with anymore crying and moping about but if she shows me that she's ready to fight these fuckers, I'll help her.
    She's made the right first move and had the Audi put in her name, and I've told her that when the log book and docs come back she needs to keep the paperwork at my house. Then if any of the Munsters try and take the car, we can report it as stolen.
    With any luck this weakling will stay at his parents for good and Luke can grow up without him, leaving ME to step in and help my sister to raise him. IF they get a divorce which I hope they do I'm gonna encourage my sister to go back to using her unmarried surname, the same as mine and get the little lads surname changed too, I think he'd rather like having the same surname as me.
    I've told my sister to speak to Citizens Advice bureau and lay it on thick that my bro in law has essentially left her with no money. (Of course, my Mum and I will see that she and my nephew don't go without, but we shouldn't have to!)

Kelper likes this.
  19. Kelper

Oh crap.
    Sounds like a mess Stu.
    My daughter's raising three kids without the deadbeat sperm donor. That was all he was good for. Your sister will get through it

Nice touch with the Audi.. I like that..a lot!