1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome kitchen knife enthusiasts!

Ronlad Nov 30, 2011

1. Ronlad

Ronlad Vox Diabolus Administrator

This will make all other kitchen knife forums look EXACTLY as :lame: as they really are. If you are going to do something, DO IT. We are opening this up to make it the best it can possibly be. Have fun and enjoy.

Chef Ronlad

RyanA likes this.
  2. kayakjax

kayakjax Deep & Wide Brigade Member

[​IMG]

3. Manganr

Manganr Devils Supermoderator Super Moderator

I happen to know that BARK RIVER does some incredible kitchen knives and i'd like to see pics if anyone has any!:thumbsup:

4. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

Me too.

5. kayakjax

kayakjax Deep & Wide Brigade Member

These two aren't actually Bark River Knives, though they were made at Bark River Knife and Tool, by me at the Jerzee Devil Grind-In this fall.

[​IMG]Click It

The first one is basically BRKT's Kitchen Petty (I was lucky enough to find a blade blank for one on Mike's desk). I chose Maroon Micarta with Mosaic Pins because my very first BRKT knife (a Northstar) has that combo and I really like it. I did most of the work with lots of help from the Bark River crew, but had Dan "Rockin" Rumfelt do the bitchin' convex job.

[​IMG]Click It

The little paring knife started out as a long, thin German blank also found on Mike's desk. After I drew out the shape I wanted, Mike himself ground it out for me. After getting everything the way I wanted(the handle is very round, almost cigar shaped, and has brass pins), I had Jim Stewart put the convex on it. Jacquie Stewart etched both knives with the Grind-In logo, so this particular knife had the hands of three Stewarts on it. It's priceless, to me. Incidentally, this blade had a Solingen etch that was too deep to get out, so the Grind-In etch is on the other side from every other knife I've ever seen photographed by BRKT. (Crystal, BRKT's photographer said she couldn't remember another one.) Another cool touch, in my opinion.

6. TPetsch

TPetsch Ice Cold Handshake

[​IMG]
    ...Remember this classic SNL bit?