1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Website reputation

Mr.LaBella Oct 13, 2013

1. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Wow.....you live on a long street.

Please keep your balls outta my yard.

:bwah:

2. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

Have you considered having either your eyes, or intelligence checked? The reason I ask is I think one or the other is not functioning optimally.

If you truly can't find a balance you are clearly missing some important facets of the JD. For instance have you read any of the threads wherein members address life-challenges, and typically receive significant support. Have you participated in any of the various efforts to raise funds for worthy purposes? Troop knives, money for surviving family of JD members who have died, my own bikes for tornado kids thread... are all efforts of a goody-two-shoes nature that might fit your preferences. That was the "vision" part.

Now as to your intelligence...; would you expect, typically, to find a bible study group meeting in a sports bar? That seems to be an apt comparative-example regarding your expectations here. Typically pit threads are reserved for mutual combatants, who have exhibited a desire to have at it. As to the "dark use of strong language"... what the hell are you going on about there spudnut? :devilroll:

I get a feeling that the JD won't likely be changing enough to suit you any time soon. That works for me.

carryon,
    rats...

p.s. You seem to have overlooked, in your diatribe, the use of dismissive and malicious smilies. :bwah:

3. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Before this thread is entirely derailed, we're discussing 1 specific topic here.

Thanks in advance.

:bot:

4. AngelInDisguise

AngelInDisguise Average member

I thought this thread was about Jerzee Devil Reputation on the net.

Hmmm.

Am I suppose to be worried about my reputation on the JD?

I have nothing to gain and nothing to lose.

I guess I should have my eye's checked.

5. Mr.LaBella

You are correct! JerzeeDevil's reputation beyond Camelot's golden shine, elsewhere & beyond!

The jokesters always try to derail ;)

6. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Now that we're back on topic....

Especially if they're DDDs

[​IMG]

I really couldn't help it....after all, it IS Breast Awareness Month...

Yeah...I know....I'm going to Hell.

:bwah:

7. excoastie

excoastie Little member

I was referred here from a trusted friend. He told me that the members here were very knowledgeable about all things knife related and that we had one thing in common… a sick sense of humor. I have found both to be true. I like it here. I don’t care about what other sites write about this site. They’re just jealous because they are afraid to come off the porch and run with the big dogs. Screw ‘em.

Winter and TopHat like this.
  8. AngelInDisguise

AngelInDisguise Average member

Once Bitten, you need to get out more, travel....

[video=youtube;gM2_Yloapak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM2_Yloapak[/video]

9. Mr.LaBella

Dogs & knives should never, ever be mentioned at the same time! :jdwink2: :bwah: :bwah:

GEEZER likes this.
  10. Str8ShooterEsq

Str8ShooterEsq Wartime Consigliere Brigade Member

Meow!

11. Krull

Krull Legit Crybaby/Drama QUEEN

Well new guy and all but I'll be honest~

I've heard of and read a few threads on here before and really didn't know just what the hell you were all about,thought you were some kind of car/music/new age shtick,not pulling any punches here folks.

Next I've been a member on a lot of forums since I got a PC in 2005 and been banned from a bunch (you have a weird,twisted sense of humor and out look on life paired with telling the owner of a site to go fuck himself with a rusty ball of barbwire will tend to have that result)

Of late my forums have died down to a scant few,one was Ramanon and since it's now dead I have something like two I go to,one which I was el banned from that I just read now so that resulted in my search for a new place to try that I can (hopefully) fit into.

I found a few Rammy folks here and well here I be.

So your rep to me was good I just didn't know what you covered and that kept me away.

12. Matt Cohen

Matt Cohen shot down in flames

I have been around the block for a while- Ron can vouch for me.

Am I the most consistent person? No.

Does drama and bullshit that other people exist EVERYWHERE? Yes.

Is this forum different than any other that exists? Yes.

How so? I think that Ron and his mods are very tolerant of the shit that is thrust upon them to deal with from others. There is fairness, or as much as can be expected I would suppose.

Why do I lurk for long periods, and then jump back into posting? It's called having a life and sometimes having time to invest in having fun on the Internet.

Bottom line (for me anyway) is that the JD does offer a unique atmosphere of fairness, fun and tolerance. Ron is a great person, and he has always had my respect. It isn't so huge and overblown here, and everyone is made to feel welcome so long as they can behave.

The JD is just somewhere I enjoy and keep coming back to. So what else could a knife nut want?

13. Mr.LaBella

Matt is definitely OLD SCHOOL!

[​IMG]

14. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

Just gotta mention, this place has cleaned up really well. The people still using sexy ladies in avatars and sigs seem more discriminating and I haven't opened one thread recently that seemed just gross.

I like it like this! :yesman:

EOD13 likes this.
  15. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Bunker Dweller Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

There's still a couple, but it's not like it was. Major improvement.

16. Mr.LaBella

Apologies for being "asleep at the wheel". Point the stragglers out to any Mod! Shoot first, ask questions later!

17. EOD13

EOD13 Balisong Addict JDBA Official Member

I wouldn't trust this worth anything when #1,5 and 6 are the same sights and #2 and 3 are the same (and I've never heard of anyone actually using that outdated forum)....

The JD is the one and ONLY knife forum out there :thumbsup:

18. hamburger

hamburger Super Deluxe Double Cheeseburger Knife Maker or Craftsman

JD is home to me.

the other forums are just to much of a stick in the mud. if you don't dot all the i's and cross all the t's then someone will make you out to be a idiot. if you are one of their butt buddies you got to rub their backs and other parts i will not go into now.

they are too ‘go by the numbers’ kinda people. here you got wiggle room. make a simple mistake and it just goes with the flow. Don’t cross the dotted line. Don’t turn right on red, don’t talk about what you feel without 46 kinds of documentation to back your statement up.

i am a member of several forums but i only look there when i need some information i can not find here.

this is the only forum as far as i am concerned. Its the Mighty JD lets keep it that way.

Matt Cohen likes this.
  19. XxGRYMMxX

XxGRYMMxX The Crayola Kid JDBA Official Member

I'm new and all but I think the JD is just fine the way it is. When I was on Bladeforums I heard people say JD was childish and mean spirited but I've found that the Devilz are only hard on those who deserve it. If you come here with a shit attitude, making stupid posts with child like grammar, spelling etc and try to fight the regulars YOU WILL GET FUCKED UP... and there's nothing wrong with that. Come here to share your passion for knives intelligently and respectfully and this group will become family.

Nudity, profanity and other "adult" content should not be censored, but a NSFW warning will help keep people out of trouble (school, work or kids), there's always the option of turning avatars and sigs off too.

As for what other forums or people think of the JD and what our "REP" on the interwebs might be I say FUCK IT! If we caved and became what everyone else wants then the unique nature of the forum would be lost and we would be just like every other forum that talks about blah blah blah. I for one think that having a few naysayers is a good thing; if you appeal to everyone then you doing something wrong, its hard to have a passionate stance on any subject without having someone disagree with you.

JD is not be for everyone, THAT'S A GOOD THING!!! We want people who are genuine about their love of knives as well as the community that comes from such interests and there will always be those who don't understand and those who don't fit in,... but there are other places for them too.

That's my two cents.

Grymm

20. Mr.LaBella

Most "haters" will never build something themselves. They lack the strength, integrity and the drive to try something "different". They see fit to ride other people's "coat tails".

Those who call JD immature, etc. have no skills, nor talent to create something themselves. They like to ride 'bitch' and attach themselves to others successes. This community is for us, by us. Let US see ANY of them put their money where their mouths are. The intention of this thread was never to change JD, per se...But to gain some insight into what OUR haters were mumbling with their cowardly whispers to the idiots that would believe them!

Experiment concluded.