1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

We made it....

24thMED Dec 24, 2008

1. 24thMED

24thMED Down For Life

I know this has been around a bit but I like it...

Praise God!
    >
    >I Can't Believe We Made It!
    >
    >According to today's regulators and bureaucrats, those of us who were
    kids >in the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's or even the early 80's, probably shouldn't have survived.
    >
    >Our baby cribs were covered with bright colored lead-based paint and
    >of course we would suck on the side before we knew how to crawl out.
    >We had
    no childproof lids or locks on medicine bottles, doors, or cabinets, and when
    >we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, elbow or knee pads.
    >
    >As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.
    >Riding in the back of a pickup truck on a warm day was always a special treat.
    >
    >We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle. Horrors! We
    >lived off of cupcakes, candy, bread and butter, and drank soda pop
    >with sugar in it, but we were never overweight because we were always
    >outside playing.
    >
    >We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle, and no
    >one actually died from this. We sucked each others candy necklace,
    >without passing out!
    >
    >We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then rode
    down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem. We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the street lights came on. No one was able to reach us all day. No cell phones or beepers.
    >Unthinkable!
    >
    >We did not have Playstations, Nintendo 64, X-Boxes, no video games at
    all, no 99 channels on cable, video tape movies, surround sound, personal cell
    >phones, personal computers, or Internet chat rooms. We had friends! We
    went outside and found them.
    >We played dodge ball, and sometimes, the ball would really hurt.
    >
    >We fell out of trees, got cut and broke bones and teeth, and there
    >were
    no lawsuits from these accidents. They were accidents. No one was to blame but us. Remember accidents?
    >
    >We had fights and punched each other and got black and blue and
    >learned
    to get over it.
    We made up games with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told It would happen, we did not put out any eyes.
    We rode bikes or walked to a friend's home and knocked on the door, or Rang the bell or just walked in and talked to them.
    Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Some students weren't as smart as others, so they failed a grade and were held back to repeat the same grade.
    >Horrors! Tests were not adjusted for any reason.
    >
    >Our actions were our own. Consequences were expected.
    >
    >The idea of parents bailing us out if we got in trouble in school or
    broke a law was unheard of. They actually sided with the school or the law.
    Imagine that! only thing we feared was the belt!
    >
    >This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem
    solvers, and inventors, ever. We had freedom, failure, success, and responsibility and we learned how to deal with it.
    >
    >And you're one of them! Congratulations.
    >
    >

Norcalflat likes this.
  2. Cadi Con Carne

Cadi Con Carne Kwitcherbitchin' Lady Devil

Wooden spoon, fly swatter, switch, ping pong paddle...

3. 24thMED

24thMED Down For Life

Ahh, the wooden spoon, that was grandma's "apparatus of discipline"... She loved that thing...

4. 2fulhundin

2fulhundin Official Retard

the Orange flexible Hot Wheels track. that made that nice swoosh sound when it was swung. You could hear it coming at your butt.

5. McGyver

McGyver Persistent Bastard

Wooden spoons..... yes I remember them well. I remember one time, in my budding arsonist days, she broke her favorite one over my butt. Then I made the terrible mistake of laughing. The grocery store was only a 1/2 mile away, so she made sit on the back stoop till she got back with more. They must have been on sale that day cuz she came home with dozen of them. Then she proceeded to try each one until she found a new favorite. She denies it to this day, but still, I remember it well.

6. Norcalflat

Norcalflat War Dance

The only time I got the wooden spoon it broke. Bad news. Pops upgraded to a bright orange extension cord. That thing sucked.

7. harm

harm knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

ahh,the good old days.
    my dad had a favourite but anything did in a pinch.

8. Cadi Con Carne

Cadi Con Carne Kwitcherbitchin' Lady Devil

Once I got it with my sister's riding crop. Mom laid a welt right across my thigh with it, and you could see the stitching. She ate shit with a knife and fork for the rest of the day...I had on shorts, so it was ALL obvious.

Dude, I am THANKFUL my parents never thought of the Hot Wheels track. Then again I only had the rigid plastic one, never the flexible one. With my parents' swings, the rigid sort would crack on the first go.

And don't you love it when your parents selectively forget shit? Mom "forgot" making me stand on the front porch and yell "I'm about to get a spanking!" then drop trou and take ten across the bare ass.

Never got the extension cord...thank GOD. Dad was lethal enough with the belt. There is never any sound that will make a kid in my family stand at attention like the sound of a belt clearing the loops.

9. mack1

mack1 Resident Bastid

I remember kneeling on the back seat of the car, a 68 Impala. Loved doing that!
    Until the day a car came out in front of my Dad. He slammed on the brakes, an' the next thing I knew, I was wedged under the dash. Scary time!

My Dad had a 4" wide leather belt he loved to use.:pissedevil: