1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Watch & Knife Combo!

corwin99 Jul 20, 2006

1. Tinysd

Tinysd Skull Cracker Brigade Member

My Grandfather's railroad watch and a Cook.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

Kewl pieces there Tiny:spin:

3. corwin99

corwin99 Enormous member

Yeah I really love that Kobold too! I'm just afraid to get any PVD coated watches... how do they wear?

4. Brian

Brian flstf99

My Luminox is PVD coated and I really like how it wears. Doesn't have a scuff on it and I wear it hard.

5. OilMan

OilMan Jaded Brigade Member

What is PVD and what benefits does it provide to watches?

6. Brian

Brian flstf99

Here's a quick explaination from the Kobold website:

PVD stands for Physical Vapour Deposition and it’s is essentially a film-like substance that is applied to the metal. Kobold has three layers of black PVD applied, giving the metal added scratch-resistance. Many people wonder if, when the black PVD gets scratched, the metal shows through, but that is not the case. Any scratches that may occur would appear black like the coating.

7. OilMan

Thanks. Is it a Steel band only kind of thing or is it for Ti bands/watches too?

8. corwin99

corwin99 Enormous member

Hmm.. maybe i should add something PVD coated to my collection. That Chase-Durer looks like something i almost traded for but backed out on because i was worried that the PVD would not wear well. I like stainless bracelets since they can be restored rather easily to like-new condition.

9. Brian

Brian flstf99

10. OilMan

My Luminox has the brightest glow in the dark hands out of all my current lineup although I just ordered a Seiko Monster that hopefully will be about the same. The thing is with the Luminox you don't even have to put it in direct light to get it to glow, it just glows ALL the time. Are there any watches under a grand that are as bright? My Luminox isn't my most expensive watch but it being the brightest makes it land on my wrist the most.:thumbsup:

11. bart-1

bart-1 6th degree black belt/internet fighting discipline Knife Maker or Craftsman

Tiny that combo is awesome!!:madaddy:

12. bart-1

bart-1 6th degree black belt/internet fighting discipline Knife Maker or Craftsman

I work with a guy, Aircraft inspector, he always has his on, banging on metal ladders and on the metal on the airplanes, it looks surprisingly good!:madaddy:

13. Brian

Brian flstf99

That's becuase of the Tritium. Any watch with Tritium inserts will glow great all the time. It never needs to recharge in the light. The Tritium gas lasts 10-15 years. There are a bunch of watches under $1000 that has Tritium inserts.

14. corwin99

corwin99 Enormous member

Look like a PVD coated watch is next! I dont have any black watches besides a Casio G-Shock that i never wear. I received up a Ventura Sparc in the mail today. Nice watch with a hybrid mechanical movement... too bad Ventura isn't making analog watches anymore.

The Seiko monster won't be as bright.. you'll have to get the ones with the gas inserts like flstf99 mentioned. Ball Watch with their "Engineered Hydrocarbon" watches have several models with the inserts that are probably around the $1000-2000 range.. i think they can be picked up around $900US used sometimes. They are more creative with the inserts however.. shaping the numerals out of them and everything and having the numbers ont he bezel show up as well. here is a pic of a Ball watch.. not sure if this one has the gas inserts though:

[​IMG]

15. LarryLuana

LarryLuana Average member

This is my trio

I just got all 3 in the last couple of weeks so did a group pic but with a cloudy day, and all did not come out well but what you see is what you get:)
    The gun is a Smith & Wesson 1911 45 auto with Crimson lazer sights, the knife is a Darrel Ralph Gunhammer, and the watch is a Pulsar Solar 4000 diver with solar quartz movement so you never have to buy a battery.
    Sorry for the crummy pic.

Larry

PS>Forgot to add the Gunhammer Darrel designed the flipper to resemble the hammer on the model 1911 pistol so if you look at the pic you see what he is talking about, and actually makes the gun, and
    knife go together which I think is cool.

16. Brian

Brian flstf99

So crummy you can't even see it???? :jduh:

Oh shit... I swear I didn't see a picture a minute ago.

I DO like that Gun Hammer!!!

17. LarryLuana

LarryLuana Average member

Yea I forgot

to mention that the Gunhammer flipper is made to resemble the hammer on the Model 1911, and thought they would make a good pic together along with the watch to go with the thread.
    I did go back, and edit the post to mention tha though........duh me:)

Larry

18. Lemmy

Lemmy hook in mouth

Unless you scratch the shit outta it, it may show silver. You gotta scratch it real bad. I am real hard on watches and I have yet to scratch it that bad.

19. OilMan

You guys have to quit showing your Gunhammers til I get mine.:cry: I'm trying not to buy USAFSP's Gunhammer right now so I have something to play with til mine gets here.:ssad: :chuck: Nice score Larry.:firedevil

ps. It didn't work. I just put a bid in on USAFSPs. Dang it.

20. supersharp

supersharp JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Damn nice metal everyone!!! :jdevil: