1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Walther PPK/S

CDR_Glock Sep 19, 2018

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I saw an Interarms SS Walther PPK/S at the gun shop today.

I had to have it. Mainly for the nostalgia of a gun owned by the likes of Elvis and portrayed in the movies, James Bond. It even lead to the demise of Hitler. The

I have read reliability is hit or miss, even between the Interarms and the S&W versions. In many cases, I have noticed that it boils down to maintenance, magazines, and ammunition.

So I ask the following :

1) What Ammunition works for yours?

2) Which magazines work for you? OEM, MEC GAR?

3) What type of lubrication do you use?

I don’t plan to carry it for CCW, by the way.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

Always liked Walther. I have a few PP of various calibers. All are reliable.
    Magazines are all OEMs.
    Ammo is fairly fluid except they tend to jam up on hollow points.
    I have one that will cycle those flawlessly but it was run through the Kentucky State Police armorer who did some work on the ramp for me.
    Fun pieces.
    One of my favorites is the PP Super but the ammo (9mm Ultra) can be a pain to find. The gun was designed for the Polizei after the Olympic disaster. It was about 20 years ahead in design.

CDR_Glock and sam eib like this.
  3. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

That sure is a beauty , great score CDR_glock, classic like a Rolex, what do they go for this days on the market if I may ask???, no need to put what you pay , just a ball park will suffice. Why not carring it for conceal??

CDR_Glock likes this.
  4. CDR_Glock

$500s.

I have a few pistols I already carry in 9 mm and 357 Magnum.

I just wanted this for the nostalgia. It would be nice to acquire a Walther PPK 32 Caliber. But I have more than enough to last me a few lifetimes.

Rio likes this.
  5. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

not sure if your still on instagram but if you are you might hit up @_j0lly_r0ger he is a bit of a collector of those old ppk and obscure small berettas in various calibers.

CDR_Glock likes this.
  6. CDR_Glock

I am still on there.

I’ll look him up.

Thanks.

7. CDR_Glock

I shot it today. A conventional grip as you would have on a modern gun doesn’t work. The pistol has to be gripped lower on the frame to avoid it. I wish it had a slide lock/release for one handed operation but slinging the slide gives it a bit of pizazz.

It is easier to shoot one handed than two handed.

I tried a few different brands of ammo:
    Federal FMJ
    Winchester White box
    Magtech JHP
    Buffalo Bore Plus P
    Gun show reloads

All factory ammo went through, fed and cycled without a problem. A few times the slide would not return to battery with the reloads. That also happened with my Sig P238. I don’t know how to explain it. But I have no more of that stuff. I’ll stick to factory, which works.

I love the sights, the feel, and trigger on it. It feels like a Sig P238 but better looking.

To me, it’s a keeper.[​IMG][​IMG]