1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

W2 and ironwood

Lon Humphrey Nov 22, 2011

1. Lon Humphrey

Lon Humphrey Moderator Knife Maker or Craftsman

i love ironwood and W2 its all random when you start in on the handle but i think it fits well with the nice hammon

here is a little hunter i just finished up for a order

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks for looking

Lon

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
  2. coolcassi

coolcassi Huge member Lady Devil

This is a beautiful knife.... Love the ironwood handle and nice hammon.... This is a very sharp looking knife..... :manganr:

3. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

I go along with coolcassi on this one, Lon! :thumbsup: I like that spacer, too!

4. Lon Humphrey

Lon Humphrey Moderator Knife Maker or Craftsman

thank you both

5. goober

goober Average member

Awesome work, as usual!. Can't beat ironwood- beautiful stuff!!

6. Luis G.

Luis G. Little member

That is soon to be my knife.
    Can't wait for it, it's a sweet looking knife and Lon seriously hit the bullseye in every department.

7. bigbob68

bigbob68 non poseur

Good looking hamon for sure.

8. Luis G.

Luis G. Little member

Got the knife from Lon today.

My initial impressions are: this thing is a workhorse. It's very nicely made, superb construction and fit and and finish.
    I can't find a flaw in the knife it self.

Sorry for using Japanese terms, :ssad: a few words have no translations
    The hamon (martensite transitioning area) brief description
    Gunome midare
    Plenty of ashi, with 2-3 small spots of ji-nie
    Nie (crystalline structure that makes the hamon "line") is very visible and I have doubt that it was acid etched so, it looks to be a natural hamon. I will find out once I am under proper light (like the sun will usually make any acid etching marks pop up.

I haven't decided if I will be giving it a mirror polish and hybrid polish to the hamon.

The R Jones sheath is very nice, definitely a bonus as I was paying for a nice knife and a decent sheath. Had a few gluing issues but that seems to be common, nothing a dab of leather glue didn't fix.