1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Visiting the US...Need a short term Sim card for Iphone 5.

Raoul Duke May 13, 2014

1. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Completely out of fucks to give Brigade Member

So...I have an Iphone 5 and need a sim card that I can use for 1 week (or better still everytime I visit the Us / Every 2-4 months or so...)

I'd like to make calls to other US numbers...and would be nice to be able surf the JD on the move too...

So, what shops, sorry Store, do I go to to get one at...
    Roughly how much am I looking at...
    Any good (or bad) deals or good experiences you guys have had with no contract sims...

Idealy i'm looking for a store I can walk into, thrust $$$ in the hands of someone who can deal with it for me as soon as I hit NYC, and walk out and call and surf with the minimum of hastle...

:thumbsup:

2. Bill T

Bill T Snatch Boogie Knife Maker or Craftsman

I'm going to keep you busy grinding. ...

And when you aren't grinding, we're going to be drinking.

No one wants a drunkass knifemaker calling them :ross:

3. Chris Daigle

Chris Daigle Half fast

So how do I block you? :ropeman:

4. brian7498

brian7498 knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

5. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

I would go with Ting. It's super cheap and the sim cards are only like $14 for the iPhone. I just signed up with them, but if you use my referral, or someone from Ting already then you and the person that referred you both get credits. Below is my referral button.

:link:

You pay $6 per month per phone then whatever services you end up using. see rates link below.

https://ting.com/rates

I use wifi for most things, so my bill is only like $9 per month as I would be using the 0-100 mins for calls only($3).

6. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

I use straight talk, and am happy with it. I don't, however, use all that much roaming internet time as I have wifi at home and work.
    You may be able to get your sim card by mail and have it all set up via the interwebs before you arrive.

7. Raoul Duke

Thanks for The referals...I should have wifi too for some places but not everywhere....

I will be heading straight from Kazakhstan (with a hangover for sure) so no mail/ interweb option for me...bricks and mortar store for sure...!

8. Raoul Duke

They may not want it...but Nobody gets what they want on the JD :devilwag:

9. gmofo

gmofo Huge member

ATT GoPhone. $60 for a month prepaid of domestic calling, domestic texting, and 2GB of internet use. There is a small set up fee, I believe. Unlocked sim. Go into any ATT store or Radio Shack store.