1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Visiting New York.

Raoul Duke Dec 2, 2013

1. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Completely out of fucks to give Brigade Member

Heading over to the opposite end of the pond for the Weekend...A long weekend....This coming weekend.

Any suggestions of what I should do or see in New York would be greatly appreciated.

Never been there...Traveling alone...Haven't even booked a hotel yet so I am as free as a bird...(and also technically homeless :unintroduced: )

Going to meet a knife making Chum for the day on Friday...but other than that, and a bit of Christmas shopping i'm open for suggestions on what to do and see in NY.

...Good places to go see?...eat?...drink?...Hotels...?....Clubbing/ nightclubs/ party recommendations...?...whatever...

LMK

cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
    EOD13 likes this.
  2. Matt Cohen

Matt Cohen shot down in flames

New York has it all!!! What isn't there to do? LOL:bwah:

There are so many great museums, parks, restaurants, plus you are going during the holiday season, so Times Square and Rockefeller Center are a must!

If you need any specific places that are personal favorites hit me up with a PM and I will gladly recommend them to you. :ross:

3. Bill T

Bill T Snatch Boogie Knife Maker or Craftsman

Looking forward to meeting you.

No other Devils in the area with a little time to spare for an International Devil??

4. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I will actually be in the city Saturday night for my brothers record release party. not sure if ill have time to do anything else tho. but even if u go to NY without a plan you can always find something to do.

5. Bill T

Going to pick up Raoul Duke shortly..:thumbsup:

Guess he didn't realize he made a deal with the Devil coming here...:ross:

Gonna get him on the grinder.. I'll post some pics up later.

6. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

If you are with Bill T you are in good hands. Bill T is mad chill and humble as fuck.

:owl:

Bill T likes this.
  7. Matt Cohen

Matt Cohen shot down in flames

RD~ sorry my mailbox was full, but I freed up some space. Sorry I can't get out of work at all this weekend and meet up. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a great time hanging out with Bill!:thumbsup:

8. Bill T

Well, here's a few pics of Raoul Duke's visit with me.

Him at the Grinder profiling..
    [​IMG]

9. Bill T

Profile almost done..

If you notice the finger cut-outs, they were ground by RD.. not for anything, a hard task for a newbie, 1st time at the grinder..

[​IMG]

10. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Glittersniffer Lady Devil

Oh! What kind of music is it?! I'm a music freak.

11. Bill T

Okay.. here's the part that made me hate him...Please bear with me..

I explain how to grind.. I won't give the speech I gave him, as it's a just do the best you can kind of speech, knowing he's going to have a few mistakes that will have to be worked out....

Yeah.. well, I was wrong..

Raoul Duke's 1st time at the grinder.. His Design.. His work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hate him...

Notice the plunge lines match.. with an awesome radius...

Did I mention I hate him...?

12. MTXCraze

well, its not really my kind of music so I dont know what to call it. but its my little brother so i give him plenty of support. here's a pretty recent video. He is the one on the guitar.

[YOUTUBEHD]mEH08bQ7Dps[/YOUTUBEHD]

Coconutfilipino likes this.
  13. Bill T

All seriousness now..

Raoul Duke is a Devil of the Highest order.

A true Devil, and much better, a true Friend.

My Doors are always open to him..

RD, my crazy wife Beth and myself... Having a Great time:thumbsup:

[​IMG]

14. MTXCraze

sorry for the high jack thread. those grinds came out great by the way. i see a bright future in knife making:manganr:

Bill T likes this.
  15. Bill T

All good Brother... and I agree.. a promising future..

16. Raoul Duke

Bill, I don't think I can describe in one post the sheer amount of awesomeness that you managed to pack into one day for me...thank you so much...it was sooo cool...much more than I could have hoped for...

Bill is a terrifically generous host, a cool guy, a great teacher and a true devil...but if I had to sum him up the best way I could describe him would be to say that 'he's a good cunt'

Hey no problem not even the slightest derailment...thanks for the post...hope it goes well for your bro/ bros band...and wow look Pumpkins back...

MTXCraze likes this.
  17. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Exactly! LOL :D :)

18. Raoul Duke

Update: - Had a great few days, drunk loads of beer...(I've woken up with a headache every morning so it's been perfect)...I've eaten loads of food...been on massive all day and all night tours of the city...minimal sleep, but why would you want to sleep when the city doesn't? To top off my trip I've just got back from a meeting Jerry Hom...What a great guy...I was lucky enough to check out the new tempest...It's a great knife...talked with Jerry for hours about knives and all of the work behind the scenes...it was real pleasure...Thanks again guys, you've made it a real adventure...

Ronin0821 likes this.
  19. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Don't be hating Bill... Just admit that he's a good student...

AND take credit that you're a GREAT TEACHER!! :bobert:

P.S. I may be seeking some lessons come spring myself... hint, hint!

20. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Next time, give us more prep time!:bwah::thumbsup: