1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Vintage Buck knives?............

Clint May 7, 2013

1. Clint

Clint Advocatus Diaboli

Anyone here into old Buck knives?

2. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

I have some older Bucks... what's ya gotz.

3. Clint

Clint Advocatus Diaboli

I've got a 112 from 1977 that has been my go to knife since.

I also had a 119 but lost it somewhere along the years. I've been looking for a replacement and I'm seeing some interesting looking vintage fixed blades available.

4. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

My user Buck 110 is from 1993 and has a thumbstud I added. I have about 5-6 119's... love the size! :thumbsup: Also have a Buck 535 which I guess is a vintage Buck.

5. Shike

Shike knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

One of my favorite knives the Buck 110. I lost mine and finally got around to replacing it about 1 year ago. Great knife.

6. zidfeldts

zidfeldts Brigade Member Brigade Member

Vintage Buck knives

I have 4 or 5 110s and the same amount of 112s. I have a 102, 105, 2 old 118s and a new D2 118 as well as 2 119s that were out before the date coding. I find the 119 to be too big for most things but the others are very useful sizes.

7. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

Also have many pre-86 Bucks. I started collecting them in the late '70's and really had a run a few years later. (Worked with a Buck dealer).
    All the Twinsets, fixed blades, 110's, and a couple micarta 112's. Couple 184's in the mix.
    As Gary said, 535's are a great knife. Also have a few Sawbys. 531's, 535's and True Blues. Do like the Kraton handled line. 619, 620, 639, 603, 602, 605. Haven't bought many Bucks as of late. Kind of progressed in a different direction.
    I did walk into the local brick and mortar and he had an old N-I-B 124 with dangler sheath.

8. jimw451

jimw451 Huge member

I have a 112 I purchased at a gun show in 95 that I use often. Not what I would consider "vintage", but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one from that year or before, if I saw it at a good price. I really love it.

9. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

How can you consider yourself a knife collector and not have a BUCK?:manganr::thumbsup:

I have an old mint in box Buck 501.
    It has the old burgundy linen micarta inlays and old BUCK logo.
    I think these were actually in 440C.
    I love that old slim style, but its too pretty and mint to carry.
    So I purchased a mid 90's 424 which has the same design, but a plastic handle.

I also have a 1990 112 ranger for a bigger user.

And my pride and joy is a MINT Heritage series 532 with canvas micarta, and S30V blade with Paul Bos heat treat.

I'd LOVE to get the first 531's that had the Sawby style lock.
    Buck used this design with permission and called it a "BuckLock",
    but pulled it due to liability issues.

See, I'm not just a baliho!:jdwink2:

GEEZER likes this.
  10. wazu013

wazu013 Average member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GEEZER likes this.
  11. Mike Hudson

Mike Hudson Little member

[​IMG]
    Yes I kinda like Buck Knives and I believe there highly underrated. Here are a few I have at home.
    -Mike