1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Videos demo'ing the hybrid sheath....

M.Olexey Apr 11, 2010

1. M.Olexey

M.Olexey capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia Brigade Member

I made a couple of vids featuring the hybrid sheath to post on my site.

First up: The push of ramp.

The friction fit of kydex can create some issues when mounted on the belt horizontally. Instead of breaking free the rig tends to roll your belt around your waist. The push off ramp solves this problem by allowing you to break the hold by simply pushing on it with your thumb.

[YOUTUBE]OFUm1p-vzII[/YOUTUBE]

Next: threading the hybrid loop to your belt.

[YOUTUBE]x30WpCNfRBg[/YOUTUBE]

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for looking!

2. Rock

Rock Kowulz.com

The cross-draw across the groin, especially from a seated position really makes me nervous, Martin. I don't know if re-sheathing would be any better. Has this been an issue in practice?

3. M.Olexey

Not for me. In fact this is the carry position that works best for me when seated. Damn fast standing too. You would have to be really trying to tag yourself. Of course....the loop can be turned over/around and placed anywhere on the belt so the user can find what works best for them.

4. nick9mm

nick9mm Little member

I prefer the small of the back position and the thumb push is the
    only way to go. That is going to catch on real quick. It is controlled
    compared to the sudden release snap open. Then surprise you just cut yourself. Sucks to bleed in front of... well take your pick.

Great follow though with the jimping around the handle!

Keep up the great work!
    nick9mm

5. M.Olexey

Hey Nick.

It does allow for a more controlled or even discreet draw. You can still just grab it and yank but you don't have too.

It's all about options here at m.o.b. :grinyes:

Thanks for the input!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2010
  6. Solstice

Solstice Little member

Looking forward to trying one of these out for myself MO. Extremely cool design. I've heard nothing but good things about this setup of yours.

M.Olexey likes this.
  7. 321sold.biz

321sold.biz Better than gold or platinum

I don't know if I had seen these or not?

Good idea's. Simple & effective designs that look killer:demented:!:devilzeek:devilzeek

8. M.Olexey

Thanks buddy!

Yeah....most of my knives with blade lengths under 6" come with this set up.

The feedback has been really good and it has proven itself to be very durable over the long term.

9. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

Clean and simple. Doesn't get much better. Nice!