1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Vegetarian ? (No fuckin` way !)

waterdogs Jun 7, 2010

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tank Buster

Tank Buster Rattlehead Devil

Vegetarians think they're very healthy because all they eat is vegetables. In reality they're really not. The human body needs a lot of protein to stay in good health too. If you notice most vegetarians are all scrawny and weak looking.

2. Ken Brock

Ken Brock Who's Awesome? Super Moderator

you sir, are the man

green sent

3. Derespina Knives

Derespina Knives karambit maker Knife Maker or Craftsman

As indicated in this thread, that is the stereo type and often true because many Veggies are Hippies mentally and physically. We do require protein more than enough of which is available in beans and legumes. Again, protein based lifeforms get their continued protein balance from the foods they eat. They also get other less desireable things like cancer, clogged arteries, bad cholestrol, among others.

Science, continually promotes a more balanced diet and or a complete change to low or no meat diets based on many, years research into the value of the foods we eat.

No one here to my knowledge is trying to convert anyone or claiming they are superior other than some of us agree more veggies and fruits are extremely important for getting the vitamins and nutrients that are less or not at all available in meat.

Can we move onto Cows shitting in the grass again?

4. l2lku

l2lku Compulsive Editor

You may not be vegetarian but I think you don't eat nearly enough fish.

5. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

I DO feel that, at times, a few here could benefit from an upper colonic or two. If not just for entertainment purposes.....

sickboy

6. Derespina Knives

Phew, colonics are one of those thinsg I just can't get into...LOL I had an old GF who got into that... she'd take a stranger with a tube up the rear but not her long term BF? WTF? lol

I heard quite a few horror stories about the parasites and garbage that come out of people when they're flushed out back there.... visible worms, and other creep crawl'es among the wealth of sludge and goo that sticks to our intestinal walls. Oje thing the Doc that did the procedure mentioned was that people who ate alot of meat were the ones with the most parasites hands down. It takes up to 8 weeks to digest a burger. FUCK!

I know a little off from your quite SB...LOL just thought I'd add that to the mix of info flowing through this thread.

7. Tinysd

Tinysd Skull Cracker Brigade Member

I read that 99% of male vegetarians eat sausage. :thefinger

8. Derespina Knives

Thaaaat's more like it! Now we're :bwah:back to the real JD style...

9. Derespina Knives

Meat Eaters just can't wait for that Hot Beef Injection!

10. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

Tinysd, I love you man(not in the upper colonic kinda way), but being at this for as many years as I have, I have heard it all. I'm sure the others can attest.

sickboy

11. Norcalflat

Norcalflat War Dance

:bwah:

[​IMG]

sickboy likes this.
  12. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

Vegans and hippies make good winter hiking partners. Lack of body fat means they die first if you get stranded without food. And that veggie diet makes em taste like any other grazer.:bwah:

13. reaper7.62

reaper7.62 Level: True Devil

How did Dennis Leary put it.....

Meat tastes like murder and murder tastes pretty god damn good , lol

14. Norcalflat

Norcalflat War Dance

And you don't have to share your beef jerky :bwah:

15. SugarSkull

SugarSkull Ring Of Bone

It does not take 8 days to digest anything.

I tried the veggie way for around three years in my late teens/early twenties college days. The cafeteria was vegetarian based , with the fart producing soy meat for a side choice.

The College of fine arts was the most cosmopolitan environment I've been immersed within.

Africans could not stand the veggies alone. They could taste the salt, sugar, and frightfully, seven dust. Malaysians ate fruit alone. We had a couple stay for a week in our dorm until quarters could be arranged.
    Cubans loved every sweet within hands reach. They also loved the same, truthfully speaking, of their roommates. That is their culture

Some people do very well with it, and others do not.

In my elder years that will be, grains on the top, a mainstay of my diet.

l2lku likes this.
  16. knifenut48

knifenut48 Huge member

Meat Eater

I might have become a Vegan, but God made animals taste better than plants. Pass the fat cause it tastes the best.

17. Norcalflat

Norcalflat War Dance

To be honest, I really should eat more veggies, regardless if I eat meat or not. I love Indian/Thai food(specifically anything curry), even if it is vegetarian, but my cooking skills are lacking so I only have it when eating out. I can eat that stuff several times a week and be happy, but every once in a while I get a ravenous craving for steak or a burger that does not go away until I eat just that. Now that I think about it, I'm gonna fire up the BBQ this weekend! :snoopy3:

And Will, that was the best thing I've read all week! :bwah:

18. FaultyPly

FaultyPly Huge member

Carnivore, omnivore, herbivore; it makes no difference.

However, the clear advantage to carnivores is an immune system fully equipped with a biologically equivalent of fully automatic military assault rifles with night vision and laser scopes, phosphorous grenades, cluster bombs and anti-personnel fragmentation mines.

19. Derespina Knives

Norcal, I'm a lover of Thai, Indian, Chinese and some Vietnamese foods! I hear ya, get me some red curry with coconut milk & Peanut sauce and throw that over some sweet rice or jasmine rice mmmmm... toss in veggies and your prefered protein and wham! You've got my favorite eats!

Sugar, it actually does take up to 8 weeks not days to digest beef. The standard rate of digestion for beef is about 2 weeks though. It takes about 4 days for it to start rotting in your stomache. Our stomache acids take that long to break down flesh foods. Sure, some of it's digested right away, but the complete side of beef or burger can take that long.

Some of us will digest it sooner than others, but unlike truly carnivorous animals with mostly sharp teeth and shorter digestive systems and much stronger stomache juices, we do not digest meats in the same day and excrete them the way they do. Our intestines are much longer than your average carnivorous animal and we have square teeth but for two barely pointed teeth which are mostly used for grabbing. The thing about humans is we are the smartest and most sophisticated of the animal kingdom so we adapt out biology to our desire or percieved needs.

You mentioned some foreign cultures. Most cultures outside the US have had marked increases in health issues stemming from unbalanced diets. Part of which some blame the cuase of western inclusion to those cultures bringing McDonalds, BK, Wendy's etc with them.

Cultures that have fewer health issues related to diet are those who have more balanced diets and include portions of vegetables and fruits with their chosen proteins.

Take China and India, there's a reason why the're so many people in those countries. There are vegetarian sects in those countries but by and large most of them eat meat, poultry, etc.

The real theme that has consumed this thread isn't what's better?, my or your diet but balance. I think we can all agree that no matter what you eat, make sure you have ample portions of vegetables and fruits in your diet along with your chosen proteins. Make sure your food is clean and if possible your protein be as free of antibiotics, excessive hormone levels, and lean.

It's sad that organic, free range, etc foods are so damned expensive by comparisson. My kids aren't vegan, they eat Vegetarian though which was the compromise my wife and I made regarding them. We also agreed that organic was the way to go for them. Not 100% because it's not always affordable or available but they eat around 90% organic whether its eggs, milk, or veggies.

20. SugarSkull

SugarSkull Ring Of Bone

Never could do the vegan diet RD. Although milk is not part of my diet, even now, man that cheese is so good.

As you've said, it's all in the balancing.

Good posts Devils.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.