1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Vegetarian ? (No fuckin` way !)

waterdogs Jun 7, 2010

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Not me, Mang....

kayakjax likes this.
  2. Derespina Knives

Derespina Knives karambit maker Knife Maker or Craftsman

As a vegetarian, thats damn funny! thank goodness I dont eat grass LOL but hey if you held a black light over 90% of our food you'ld probably find some kinda pheces... eeeeew!:bwah:

3. coniferwoodsman

coniferwoodsman Huge member

If God didn't want us to eat animals- He should not have made them out of meat. Just an opinion.

4. Markous

Markous as a kite Brigade Member

Vegetarian means "bad hunter" :cheesydevil:

5. erice303

erice303 Huge member

I thinks it is great that we live in a world that we can eat what ever we want.

Personal i like vegetables, fruits and animals.

6. ronmageddon

ronmageddon Huge member

I wouldn't mind being a vegetarian.
    At least I could still eat Big Mac's!:bwah:
    Lord knows there isn't any meat in them.:bwah:
    Soy? WTF?

7. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle frenchtickler

if you live a fairly docile lifestyle, being a vegetarian is perfectly fine, if not better for you.

But if you are physically active (i.e. exercise often) the vege lifestyle will kill your energy level. i lived meat free for a couple weeks and lets just say my reps, mileage, and over all energy level went in the crapper.

You just have to be careful of the meat you choose to eat. all the processed bullshit is terrible for your nutrition.

Meat protein is the reason our brains were able to evolve to its current state. plus, what do you think those sharp teeth in your mouth are for?

8. Derespina Knives

Derespina Knives karambit maker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Jarlaxle the animals we eat get their energy from the grains, grass and other non animal sources we feed them. I even body built on a Vegan diet for several years. Meat supplies aminos and high protein. To each their onw though. I have a retarded amount of energy and never more than when I switched my diet to vegan. It will be 23 years coming up since then.

PS, in no way am I trying to convince anyone, we all have different metabolisms and genetic issues. So carry on...

goldmanglass likes this.
  9. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

Balance and moderation is the key to everything (EXCEPT knives, guns, and beer)! Too much of anything will kill you or make you unhappy in some way(EXCEPT knives, guns, and beer). I am also a vegetarian, going on 16 years. I also hunt deer. Started again last year for a few reasons. IF I killed one, I would eat a meal or two, because I would just have to, but for 16 years only cheese and eggs, no meat.

sickboy

10. l2lku

l2lku Compulsive Editor

Ovo-lacto - 12 years. No negative effects for me. I live a very active lifestyle, always have, and have noticed no difference in energy levels.

11. Soup_Monger

Soup_Monger Should be a custom title here

A vegetarian diet does not work for me... at all.

This will probably turn into another BBQ thread.

So I'll start.

[​IMG]

12. sickboy

I like BBQ. I got plenty of stuff to throw on the grill!

sickboy

13. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle frenchtickler

Ya maybe 2 weeks wasnt enough time for my body to adjust and begin using plant protein more efficiently.

I didnt mean to knock anyone who is active and also vegetarian or vegan, i'm amazed that people are able to keep a diet like that. i start to feel lost if i dont get red meat at least once a week lol.

Maybe when i finish p90x and settle into more "sane" workouts ill try the vegetarian thing again. a lot of people rave about how well they feel.

14. goldmanglass

goldmanglass COE 33

vegetarian for about 7 years. i know there are a lot of hunters and meat lovers here so i assume im definitely in the minority report. For me its an ethical decision based on how farmed animals are kept in this country. As long as you eat healthy, a vegetarian diet can be great for a very active person. In short do what your comfortable doing and thats it...just be thoughtful about it.

Anyways, funny picture. To each his/her own.

Derespina Knives likes this.
  15. sickboy

Shouldn't the caption read: "I eat my food, I shit on my food, I eat it, then you eat me"?

HAHAHAHAHA

sickboy

16. sickboy

My best friend is a hard core meat eater, and has always given me a hard time for being a vegetarian. He used to tell me that his kids would run down from the mountains, kill my kids with sharp sticks, and eat them. He doesn't own a gun, and will not teach his kids to shoot. So I started responding that my kids will just shoot his kids when they show up with their sharp sticks. Meat may have allowed the human race to develop the madula-oblongata, or some shit, but you cannot deny the intelligence of a Kimber 1911.....

sickboy

Hannibal Lecter likes this.
  17. Norcalflat

Norcalflat War Dance

Haha fuckin' WIN right there!

18. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

I have tried to go without meat a couple times in my life. The toughest foods for me are chili dogs, peperoni pizza and steak. Not things I eat everyday but it got to me. I'm reading a book called "how to become a vegetarian ". Let me know who wants it next.

PS, I love the hell out of grilled stuffed peppers but you can't skimp on the chorizo it just messes the whole thing up.

19. Ken Brock

Ken Brock Who's Awesome? Super Moderator

I've had several vegetarians try to convince me that I'm living an evil lifestyle because I eat meat

fuck them

eat what you want to eat, I won't judge you on that. But don't give me shit for not living like you do (this is NOT directed at anybody here...............yet)

but simply look at our teeth structure, humans are meant to be omnivorous

20. Norcalflat

Norcalflat War Dance

Me too, worked with a bunch of vegans through the years at the bike shop. One of them refused to drink Guinness because he said it had deer parts in it. I lost alot of respect for him that day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.